Lets chat about Ewan McGregor (fans only)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by OBI_JEDI, Nov 30, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OBI_JEDI Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey is anyone else here. Or has this thread died.

Well any way. One of my friends gave me a late x-mas present. I couldn't figure out what it was. 'Cause it was a cylinder. When I opened it and took out what was in side. I almost had a heart attack. She gave me 3 huge Ewan posters. One was him as Obi-Wan, another was him as Christain(sp?)Moulin rouge and the last one was of him as Mark Renton in Trainspotting.

Now there on my wall so I can stare at him when ever I like.
  2. OBI_JEDI Jedi Master

star 4
    Ok three posts in a row. Wow this thread must be dieing.

WHERE ARE ALL THE EWAN FANS
  3. Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus

star 4
    Actually, anything I'd heard about him as Lupin in HP3 is pure wishful thinking on the part of fans; nothing official and I don't know if they've even cast it yet. OTOH, he is Scottish, like JKR, and there were a lot of fine Scottish actors in HP1, which might give him an edge; he's got 2 little ones now who might be happy he took a role in the series; and he chooses interesting roles in a variety of films. He does a few big money blockbuster types, and then can afford to take roles in smaller, less-well funded indies that provide a little more challenge for him. So he might do a well-paid HP, so that he could then do 1 or 2 smaller, odd little indies.

I was thinking about that the other day; he has taken on some strange and challenging roles, even though he's at a point where he could play "safe" and do commercial, hero roles all the time. But he seems to be in it for the challenge of the "craft," rather than just for the money. Something to be admired in an actor...

4. Sara_Kenobi Force Ghost

star 7
    I thought i'd share this with my fellow Ewan fans. I was watching TMN the other day. It's a movie network here in Canada. There was this wierd short film with Ewan in it. He was walking along this beach on a cloudy day, eatting something I think, and this HUGE thing with long vines for arms comes rushing like lightspeed out of the water, grabs poor Ewan by his legs, and drags the poor dear back into the water with it. That was the whole short film. I don't even think it lasted a minute. Ewan looked kind of young in the film. It was the most funny thing I've ever seen in awhile anyway. Thought I'd share it with you. If I see it again I'll try to catch the name of it. By the time I realized it was him, I started choking on my pepsi, and the film was over. :( DAMN those short films. ;)
  5. Darth_Em Jedi Master

star 1
    That sounds like "Desserts", a short film Ewan made years ago with Scottish filmaker Jeff Stark.

You can watch it at the Atom Filmswebsite.
  6. BobaKoon Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    That short film does sound kind of funny. I remember a while ago, my mom went to Japan and saw this commercial with Ewan in it screaming "I Love You!" I don't know why, but I so wish I was there to see it. It was near filming of AoTC because he had beard.

I wish I had a couple Ewan posters on my wall. I only have some pictures I printed out that I found around the internet. *sigh* Ewan is soooo good looking.

7. Padawan_Merlot Jedi Knight

star 1
    Ah Desserts I've heard so much about it but never got the chance to see it. I've some stills from the film
    One thing I love about Ewan is that he always does new things and if it doesn't go that well he doesn't beat himself up about it. He says his worst film is Emma where he played Frank Churchill, I actually thought that wasn't so bad. His preformance in Blue Juice was questionable but then again it's not like they gave him much to do... I definately love Shallow Grave undoubtedly my fave :)
    Has Nora been released on Video or something yet? I can't find it anywhere :(
  8. Sara_Kenobi Force Ghost

star 7
    Oh thank you so much for telling me what it was. TMN hasn't played it since I saw it that one time.

I'm luck I guess on the Poster front. I still have my TPM posters of Ewan. :)

One where he is with Liam and it says JediVSSith or something too. ;)
  9. Padawan_Merlot Jedi Knight

star 1
    Pity Desserts is too short aye? Has anyone seen Tube Tales? Ewan directed that and I really wanna see it!
  10. pes Jedi Padawan

Ewan did three commecials for an english language school in Japan. You can see them here: Japander.com

Just select his name from the drop-down menu at the top.

11. roguegirl Force Ghost

star 4
    Does anyone here know Ewan's Email address? I just want to say hello to him and his equally famous uncle[Look at the size of that thing.Get my drift?].Ewan says he has his Uncle Wedge,-- eh,Denis to thank to for getting him where he is now.Denis had directed Ewan in some theater plays before Ewan gained fame in Trainspotting.Seeing his uncle in the trilogy had inspired him to be an actor.Remember what he told George Lucas when he auditioned for Star Wars? Denis Lawson was with him when he auditioned.
  12. OBI_JEDI Jedi Master

star 4
    Thanks for the links guys.
  13. BobaKoon Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Ewan is going to be on Revealed with Jules Asner Wed, the 16th on E! I don't know how many of you get the channel, but I saw a commercial and it seems really funny. There isn't much talk about it at the moment at the E! homepage, so I didn't make a link.

As for his email address, I only wish I had it (though I probably wouldn't know what to write and not sound like an idiot) ;)

14. roguegirl Force Ghost

star 4
    Just say what you feel about his work and how you like watching his movies.I've seen quite a lot.I also seen him on KAVANAUGH,Q.C.Did I Spell that right? Anyway,I think he's better than Leonardo diCaprio[how true is it that LEO"s fame has gone to his head?].BTW: I just bought a book about Ewan.Great Stuff.
  15. OBI_JEDI Jedi Master

star 4
    You lucky lucky girl. I'm going to buy a book on him in a couple weeks.

Please tell me. Is it good?
  16. roguegirl Force Ghost

star 4
    Very absorbing.You know,if Ewan wins a Golden Globe, his Uncle Denis will be on top of his thank you list.What do you think? He's all praises for our favorite Rebel Pilot.
  17. Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus

star 4
    Wedge was my favorite character in the OT; I was so thrilled at the end of ROTJ to see he actually survived I screamed "WEDGE!" out loud in the theater. And those gorgeous big brown eyes... [face_love] I'd love to see the rest of the guys in that family, if these two are any indication!
  18. roguegirl Force Ghost

star 4
    Wouldn't it be great if only SW fans occupy all moviehouses when all episodes are shown in a marathon? No critic are allowed to spoil the fun.If there's any,we can always throw them out. Oh,one thing,is it true Ewan is going to make a movie with his Uncle Denis? Or are they doing it already?
  19. BobaKoon Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Did anyone else notice the lack of Ewan icons on the list. Granted there are about 4 or more Obi-wan icons, but they have Hayden Christensen and Natalie Portman ones. I so would pick an Ewan icon. *sigh* Soooooo hot.

20. Sara_Kenobi Force Ghost

star 7
    I WANT EWAN ICONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I noticed that too. As much as I love the one's there right now, we need more Ewan ones!! :)
  21. OBI_JEDI Jedi Master

star 4
    WE NEED MORE EWAN ICON
    WE NEED MORE EWAN ICON
    WE NEED MORE EWAN ICON
  22. roguegirl Force Ghost

star 4
    You're going to get more Ewan icons once EP2 is out.It won't be long now.It'll be here before you know it.
  23. BobaKoon Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    In the past two days, I got triple the Ewan fix. I watched Revealed (which, if you saw it, is a good name for his interview with Jules Asner), then the behind the scenes of Black Hawk Down, then the movie. Ahhh, Ewan is too good looking. In the interview he was talking about his children like the devoted father he is, which made him even more irresistable (which seems really wrong for me to think that now that I read this over). The movie was great. There's nothing like having Ewan and Orlando Bloom in the same scene in full conversation mode. I'd faint if the movie wasn't fifteen minutes in ;) .

24. Sara_Kenobi Force Ghost

star 7
    GUESS WHAT I JUST SAW???????? :D :D :D

EWAN!!

He was on Entertaintment Tonight. They showed him in a rainforest or something for a Documentary. He picked up this big bug and said it was their dinner. It lost my attention thought fully when Ewan removed his shirt. *SIGH*

If you can still see it tonight, I strongly recommend it!!! :D

It's the Jan 18th show!

If you can't they should have a write up on etonline.com.

Sara
  25. Jedi_Master_Arra Jedi Master

star 3
    OMG! I sorry I haven't been around, but i'll try to find some pics online... what's really funny is that my friend is obsessed with Legolas(LotR) and even though i'm also an LotR fan, Ewan is still the best! ;)
    Can't wait 'till AotC... [face_love]
    we need an icon with (young)Obi and his lightsaber.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.