main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lets chat about Ewan McGregor (fans only)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by OBI_JEDI, Nov 30, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vespaa1138

Vespaa1138 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 9, 2002
    He's ***king HOT!!!!!!

2. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    I just noticed there's another new round of Icons and there's still no new Obi Kenobi one's. :(

3. BobaKoon

BobaKoon Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 2, 2001
    Too bad there aren't any new icons. *sigh*

It completely slipped my mind the other day when I was posting here, but while I was watching Revealed, Baz Luhrman was saying that he gave Ewan a typewriter to practice on and when he came up to Ewan later, he found that he was writing poetry on the typewriter! Baz was so taken aback he put one of the poems in the movie, unfortunately it got cut, but part of it is in the Come What May deleted scene part of the DVD. *swoons* Ewan is soooo talented. He should have won the Golden Globe ;) .

4. Obi_Wan_Kenobis_Gal

Obi_Wan_Kenobis_Gal Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 19, 2002
    GGGGRRRRRRRRRRR I was so annoyed that Ewan didn't win. I felt like kicking the actor who did win up the a$$. Not to mention he looked great at the golden globes. *sigh*

Did yous listen to Nichole's speech. She thanked Ewan so much. So did Baz. This proves that Ewan is the best.

Oh. There was a rumore going around that Ewan was having an affair with Nichole and that's why she and Tom broke up.

Who evered made up the rumore needs to get a good kick. As if Ewan would cheat on his wife.

5. roguegirl

roguegirl Jedi Master star 4

Aug 29, 2001
    Too bad Ewan didn't win,I was rooting for him.He was such a sport though. Real Nice Guy.Maybe he has a chance at the Oscars.

Ewan does not have an affair with Nicole,Tom has an affair with Penelope Cruz.You notice how tight they are?

6. BobaKoon

Sep 2, 2001
    I had the same reaction, roguegirl. I was all standing up from Ewan telling other people how they could not have noticed that Tom Cruise was working with Penelope Cruz and now they're suddenly dating. Hmmm, really makes you think (or use some common sense ;) ).

Grrr. I was watching the repeat of the golden globes E! interviews (because I missed Ewan's) and the people voting online only gave him a 6.5 out of 10 for fashion! AHHHH! He was, very plainly, the hottest guy there.

7. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    That whole rumor thing about Ewan and Nicole kidman was just tasteless. Ewan I think seem's very happy with his wife and their family. :)

It's obvious that Tom and Nicole were not. ;)

8. roguegirl

Aug 29, 2001
    I am glad though that Nicole won something. What Penelope Cruz said about giving Tom his own children was an insult to Nicole.Hello!!! Tom doesn't even have children by his first wife,MIMI ROGERS. There's something wrong with him then,cuz Mimi has kids by her 2nd husband. Ewan is by far a better person and actor than Tom Cruise .Tom does not even measure up to Harrison Ford and Tom Hanks,so there.

9. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    That's horrible of Penelope to say that. Didn't Nicole miscarry a baby just before she and Tom divorced?

Ewan looked totally hot by the way at the Golden Globes. :D ;)

10. Code

Code Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 22, 2002
    He was cool in TPM & Blue juice

I haven't seen him in other movies except those so...

but I think he is a good actor tho

11. roguegirl

Aug 29, 2001
    Besides watching him in TPM[the lightsaber battle between Obiwan and Darth Maul is my favorite scene],I've seen LIFE LESS ORDINARY and NIGHTWATCH.Does anybody know his fomous CHOOSE LIFE dialogue from TRAINSPOTTING? Please PM me a copy.

12. roguegirl

Aug 29, 2001
    Besides watching him in TPM[the lightsaber battle between Obiwan and Darth Maul is my favorite scene],I've seen LIFE LESS ORDINARY and NIGHTWATCH.Does anybody know his fomous CHOOSE LIFE dialogue from TRAINSPOTTING? Please PM me a copy.

13. Obi_Wan_Kenobis_Gal

Jan 19, 2002
    I've only seen TPM. That lightsaber sceen was the best.

Trainspotting. Great acting in that.

And the winner is Moulin Rouge. The best move ever. Ewan is a dream in that.*drool*

14. GBG2001

GBG2001 Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 23, 2001
    Anyone know where I can get a quicktime of "Desserts"? That one site with the windows media player doesn't work for me.

15. LittleJedi

LittleJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 4, 2001
    WHEN I WAS ON HOLIDAYS I SAW 'BLUE JUICE'! HE WAS SOOOOOO COOL IN THAT! (goes off into Ewan daydream... sigh)

And i saw a clip of him at the GG and at the premiere of BHD.

I got one of his bios middle of last year called Ewan McGregor Junkie to Jedi. It's very good.

-Little Jedi-
    MTFBWY

16. Obi_Wan_Kenobis_Gal

Jan 19, 2002
    L_J YOUR BACK.

YEAH. LITTLE JEDI IS BACK. YIPPY.
    Wait I take that last word back. *Cringes at the thought of Anakin.*

Ok I have new and it really mad me mad. I just baught an Aussie mag and it said the hottest starts of 2001. So I read it and I saw Hayden in there and no Ewan McGregor. GGGGGRRRRRR. I did some nasty damage to the hotel room that day and I have to pay for the repairs. Bugger

17. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    I finally saw Moulin Rouge the other night. I thought it was excellent and I was pleasantly surprised by Ewan's singing performance. The visual effects were stunning and innovative. I liked all the 70's music. Still, it's hard not to think you're watching Obi-Wan Kenobi the entire time.

18. BobaKoon

Sep 2, 2001
    I also thought it was wierd to see Obi-wan like that the first time I saw Moulin Rouge. But then I saw it the second, third, and, well, the rest of the times and then its hard to believe that Christian can be Obi-wan. Most of his roles are so varied that it seems awkward when you first start watching, but then you get blown away by some Ewan talent and think he is the character he plays ;) . Mmmm, Ewan is good stuff.

19. roguegirl

Aug 29, 2001
    I saw the trailer"Breathing" on the TV.Obiwan loves to hang in there,if you get my drift.

20. JediTwinSunMoon

JediTwinSunMoon Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 8, 2001
    Hi! Been a while since I've visited. Glad to see this thread is still going. Regarding the Golden Globes...I NeVeR watch award shows. I made an exception that night because I hoped to see Ewan. Isn't he beautiful.... I was sorely disappointed but not surprised he didn't get the thing. The disappointment on his face was difficult for him to hide. It was noble of Nicole and Baz to include Ewan in their speeches and bringing the attention of the foreign press to their shortsightedness of passing over a great actor. Keep going Ewan, your time is coming!

21. BobaKoon

Sep 2, 2001
    Yeah, that was pretty great to include Ewan in the speeches. *sigh* Ewan is such a great actor.

That Renee Zellwegger and Ewan movie had its title as well as its plot changed. Its now called "Down with Love" or something. Instead of having a romance-comedy during WWII, its now about a journalist (Zellwegger) who knows all the answers and meets another playboy journalist (Ewan) whom she doesn't get. I don't know about you, but I don't really see Ewan as the playboy type. I mean, he could most certaintly get the girls, but the whole advantage taking part is what I couldn't see. Eh, I'll still see it.

22. roguegirl

Aug 29, 2001
    Yeah,I was hoping Ewan will win.No doubt he'll thank his Uncle Denis for inspiring to be an actor.Seeing his uncle in Star Wars made him want to be an actor that he is now.Denis Lawson was really a big help getting him started,right,Obi Jedi?

23. LittleJedi

LittleJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 4, 2001
    :: JUMPS UP AND DOWN FOR JOY! ::

I'm a huge Parkinson fan and i just saw last night that Ewan is going to be on it with Nicole next Sat!! HOLY FORCE I'M SO HAPPY! This will be the second time i've seen him on Parkinson and you can bet i'll record this one!

CLIP FROM NEXT WEEK'S PARKINSON:

(Ewan is laughing about the security on SW and how they are always watching you or something I think)

Ewan pretends to hold a walkie-talkie to his mouth, (Krch) (that staticy kind of noise that happens before you talk into one) Ewan's going for a pee! (Krch)

(krch)"Roger that. Ewan's going for a pee." (krch)

it goes for a bit longer but i can't remember it all.

Ok, so i think you have to see it to think it's funny.. (cracks up into fits of hysterical laughter as she pictures it again)

:D I'm obsessed. Completely and utterly... oh well!

Oh he's so hot too... and as for coverage on Ewan the best news-site to subscribe to is Ananova. It's British so they cover him a bit like Oz always covers Nicole and Mel etc because they're 'Australian'.

Ewan rules forever. (and i don't believe the Ewan/Nicole rumours. There were also rumours about him and Cameron Diaz and they weren't true either. The media just wants a story but if Ewan says he's in a happy marriage I'll believe him till the end of time. So there.)

-Little Jedi-
    MTFBWY

24. Obi_Wan_Kenobis_Gal

Jan 19, 2002
    Ok Ewan's uncel inspired him alright. And as for the rumores I never believed them in the first place.

25. roguegirl

Aug 29, 2001
    All those rumors,no wonder Ewan didn't like living in Hollywood[He lives in London].

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.