main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lets chat about Ewan McGregor (fans only)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by OBI_JEDI, Nov 30, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. naw ibo

naw ibo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 18, 1999
    Some fun and cool news:

from the BBC:

Black Hawk Down star Ewan McGregor has described his 620mph supersonic jet flight as"unbelievable" and "awesome".
    The Hollywood actor, 30, who took the flight as a charity stunt, said it had been even better than starring in the film, Star Wars: The Phantom Menace.

His brother, Flight Lieutenant Colin McGregor, 32, flew him from RAF Lossiemouth, Scotland, on a route around Scotland which took him to a Scottish glen nicknamed "Star Wars Alley".

After the flight, McGregor said he could not compare acting in movies to flying an RAF jet.

"I'm glad they don't trust me to do that," he said.

He said his trip around Scotland had been a blur and "crazy".

"It's unbelievably fast and low and there was this crazy thing where we went really slowly and then really fast and very low over the sea and then before you know it, you're upside down, 14,000ft in the blinking of an eye.

"The first time you pull G (G-force) your suit inflates and your eyeballs are coming out of your head and it does make you feel queasy.

"I can't believe what he does for a living. To get back low-level again you have got to find a break in the cloud and that felt very Star Wars to me."

'Well-behaved'

The flight was in aid of Rachel House, Scotland's only children's hospice in Kinross, Perthshire.

McGregor's brother Colin said the star was a "very good passenger" and had been "well behaved".

Also this from the Press and Journal:

"...Colin has set out a flight plan to take his brother down Glen Tilt. The glen, which has steep 700ft high sides, is named Star Wars Valley because it is said to resemble a channel on the side of the Death Star seen in the climax of one of the movies.

The RAF source said: "Everyone knows it as Star Wars Valley so there was really only one route we could take Obi Wan Kenobi on when he visits. He will really be getting a taste of the action because the sides fly by so quickly."

Some video clips of the event.

The real deal

Bombing run

2. roguegirl

roguegirl Jedi Master star 4

Aug 29, 2001
    Nice pictures.Do you think Colin was also inspired to be a pilot by Uncle "Wedge"?

3. Midnightetak

Midnightetak Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 28, 2001
    HAHAAHHAHAHAHA!!

4. Obi_Wan_Kenobis_Gal

Obi_Wan_Kenobis_Gal Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 19, 2002
    Hey thanks for the links.

*starts day dreaming abuot Ewan*

I wish he was all mine.

5. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    Ahh *EWAN*

//Tries not to think of the evil Manager at the Movies who lied to Sara saying Black Hawk Down was coming soon and then took down the movie poster and NEVER SHOWED the movie.//

*Grrrr* :mad:

I do hate it when theatres' decide to do reconstruction during a huge span of good movies you want to see.

Expecially when they make me miss a Ewan movie. :(

Okay, I'm okay now. :)

Sara

6. roguegirl

Aug 29, 2001
    That's terrible,Sara.You better hope they'll be ready for AOTC. Start looking for other moviehouses that shows BLACK HAWK DOWN.

What do you think about making a movie on JEDI APPRENTICE? I say that would be great.

7. LittleJedi

LittleJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 4, 2001
    HELLO EVERYONE! I HAVE GREAT NEWS FOR AUSSIE EWAN FANS!

BHD is showing now-ish in cinemas in most parts of Oz, but best of all, here it's only rated MA15+! THAT MEANS I'M JUST OLD ENOUGH TO GET IN!!! HOOORAAAAHHHHHH! I don't know what it's rated in other countries. :D

I saw Ewan on Parkinson last week, he was so funny (and so good-looking). It was filmed like in May last year of something I think so he was talking about Moulin Rouge, and he said a little bit about Star Wars which was funny. He also spoke about Trips That Money Can't Buy (and an interesting experience with a huge snake) and Ewan McGregor: The Bear/Bare(I can't remember if it's a pun or not) Facts. That and Young Adam and Little Malcolm. If people want I can do a transcript for you although it might take a while (and I don't mind an excuse to watch it over and over again). :D :D :D

What do you guys think about the EpII trailers? I've seen them all and I think Mystery is definately the best.

Anyway, I'll post again later and yeah...

-Little Jedi-
    MTFBWY

8. roguegirl

Aug 29, 2001
    Little Jedi,could I have a copy? Email it at this address:mrfv1955@yahoo.com.Take your time.I've only got to watch the "Breathing"
    trailer.But then,I intend to watch the movie itself.I wouldn't miss that for the whole world.

Happy Valentine to you all!!!

9. Obi_Wan_Kenobis_Gal

Jan 19, 2002
    Ok L_J I have great news for you. That Parkinson's thing is on this week for me.

I DIDN'T MISS IT.

10. KongZilla

KongZilla Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2001
    Some of my favorite Ewan roles ...

Shallow Grave - Great Hitchcockian story. Funny and scary.
    Trainspotting - Funny and Poignant.
    Velvet Goldmine - Iggy Pop would be proud.
    Eye of the Beholder - Underrated. I think.
    Black Hawk Down - Oh man!
    ...and hopefully - Attack of the Clones - I hope Obi Wan's part is bigger in this one.

11. roguegirl

Aug 29, 2001
    Obiwan SHOULD have bigger part.He's a Jedi Master now.My God,he looks so much like Jesus.

12. Obi_Wan_Kenobis_Gal

Jan 19, 2002
    OMG roguegirl your right. He does.

*Fanits*

*makes her way back to the keyboard*

Obi-Wan is a Jedi master and we will see more of him.

Sorry I have to say this. In AOTC Ewan says to Anakin, "Your thoughts betray you Anakin."

Right about there I almost passed out. Hearing that accent again was amazing.

13. roguegirl

Aug 29, 2001
    Why would Anakin blame Obiwan for his turning to the dark side?Yoda already sensed much fear in him and Obiwan had nothing to do with that fear.Obiwan just did Qui-Gon a favor.

14. Obi_Wan_Kenobis_Gal

Jan 19, 2002
    Anakin just said "Obi-Wan was my master so I'll blame him."

So then I went up to Anakin and kicked him up the butt.

I saw Ewan on Parkinson. He was amazing. So funny and so cute.

15. BobaKoon

BobaKoon Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 2, 2001
    The second Moulin Rouge! soundtrack is coming out around February 26th for all who reside in the US. Hopefully, it'll be soon for all you Aussies too. Just thought I'd give a heads up on that one.

As for Ewan looking like Jesus, it must be because of his god-like good looks ;) .

16. GBG2001

GBG2001 Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 23, 2001
    second Moulin Rouge soundtrack :confused:

17. BobaKoon

Sep 2, 2001
    Yeah, a second soundtrack! The first was mostly commercial songs. This one will probably have the movie version songs, but I'm not too sure since it's not out yet. I think you can still register to win one at www.eonline.com. I've heard some stuff about it when the first one came out, but nothing since so I can see the confusion.

Hope that helps any.

18. LittleJedi

LittleJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 4, 2001
    I've heard about that second Moulin Rouge CD - I so hope it has Like A Virgin, The Show must go on and the end version of Come What May! I love them so much! (mind you I love the entire movie) :D

Mystery is the best tralier: "ANAKIN! HOW MANY TIMES HAVE I TOLD YOU TO (gets shocked) stay away from the power couplings..

or:

ANI: We came to rescue you. [or something along those lines]

OBI: (dripping with sarcasm) Good job.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    EWAN'S FILMS THAT LJ HAS SEEN
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    The Phantom Menace - VERY cool movie (and he's so good-looking... sigh....)

A Life Less Ordinary - a great performance and a very funny movie (plus, he sings!)

The Pillow Book: Not for the fainthearted but a romantic movie all the same. (BONUS: Ewan's lightsaber! LOL) [face_laugh]

Emma - not his greatest performance but still better than many actors. The wig is a bit odd...

Moulin Rouge - One of the greatest films of all time (sigh....) He deserved to win that Oscar... grumble grumble

Blue Juice - great performance by Ewan and i liked it

AND.. COMING SOON.... I should be seeing BHD this weekend

Anyway, post later.

-Little Jedi-
    MTFBWY

19. BobaKoon

Sep 2, 2001
    Ewan's singing in A Life Less Ordinary was pretty good. Does anyone (who saw the movie) think that Cameron Diaz is singing with him? I got kind of confused after seeing My Best Friend's Wedding and her singing in that. I dunno, just wondering.

Hope you like BHD, Little Jedi! :)

20. roguegirl

Aug 29, 2001
    Yes,Cameron Diaz did sing with Ewan.Pretty good,I tell you.Her singing in MY BEST FRIEND'S WEDDING was supposed to be that way due to her character,who really can't sing.She was funny though.

Checked out the new posters lately? I got one of Ewan as wallpaper.He's on my computer screen now. I said it before and I'll say it again:God,he looks like Jesus.

21. Obi_Wan_Kenobis_Gal

Jan 19, 2002
    I'M GOING TO SEE BHD THIS WEEKEND.

*starts drooling*

Ok I need to get a grip. Ah who cares. Ok everyone I had a strande dream about mister you know who.

I was in school (maths out of all lessons) and the teacher said we had a special guest coming in for a visit. Ewan walked in a I passed out hitting my head in the table as I went down. When I came to Ewan was leaning over me looking worried *sighs* and asking if I was ok. I managed to say something like "I think I need a doctor." So ewan took me to the doctors and the doctor said that Ewan had to look after me for 3 weeks until I got better. (Who knows what happened to my parents.) Any way one night Ewan was abuot to kiss me good night and....

That's when the stupid dog jumped on my bed and woke me up.

*starts crying* Ewan was gonig to kiss me.

22. roguegirl

Aug 29, 2001
    Looks like your dog did it for you.In other words,It's time to get up,sleepyhead.BTW: what happens if it came true?Hmmm?

23. AnakinSlave

AnakinSlave Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 16, 2002
    I had a sex dream about Ewan last night . . .

24. BobaKoon

Sep 2, 2001
    Wow! I wish I had Ewan in my dreams. I usually just pass out and wake up mad that Ewan hadn't appeared. Just my luck, I suppose.

Thanks for the clarification, roguegirl. In this one interview about Ewan, his agent was saying that they wanted both Ewan and Cameron Diaz to sing off key. Then Ewan started to sing and they told his agent "Wouldn't you know he has perfect pitch." Pretty funny stuff. So they just had them sing regularly. Of course, there's a lot more perfection to Ewan than just his pitch ;) .

25. roguegirl

Aug 29, 2001
    No problem,Boba Koon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.