Let's do a little poll: how many of you have all the released NJO books

Discussion in 'Literature' started by GrandAdmiralPelleaon, Apr 21, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RingoJuna Jedi Knight

star 3
    I've got them all, PB and HC
  2. SexyElf Jedi Knight

star 1
    I have all of the NJO books, and all of the Bantam series (except prequel stuff and YJK books)...
  3. GrandAdmiralPelleaon Jedi Grand Master

star 6
  4. Ghent42 Jedi Master

star 4
    I have all seven, despite the fact that the only bookstore that gets NJO within the same month all the ppl on this board get them is 30 minutes away by car. And my library never gets any of them.
  5. GrandAdmiralPelleaon Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    well my bookstore get's them about 3 to 6 months later then everybody on this board :(
  6. LawgSkrak Force Ghost

star 4
    I have them all including Rogue Planet which I consider a NJO prequel book.
  7. Entil`Zha Jedi Master

star 4
    I have them all, I don't care about the price for the HardCover, I just buy them!
  8. Bror Jace Force Ghost

star 3
    After Ruin, I realized that I wasn't going to like the simplified plots, 2-dimensional new characters and generic story of the NJO so I stopped buying them regularly.

Since then, I bought one of the AoC books, "Jedi Eclipse" (and that was a mistake - terrible) and "Balance Point" but since then, I have been borrowing them and not buying them myself. I don't care if I have to wait days or weeks before I read them. It doesn't really matter that much.

I'm on page 50 of Conquest. It looks (mostly) like a YJK book so far ...
  9. Valiento Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    That's intentional.

The author, is showing a symbolic transition. The book changes in style so don't give up yet.
  10. Darth_Dolza Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I have all the NJO books. Some, however, haven't left my shelf for re-reads since I finished them...

Conquest turned out to be one of my favorite reads in the whole series so far.
  11. Dewlanna Solo Jedi Master

star 4
    I've bought all the NJO books, sure wish I could get my money back on 3 of them. I've read both prequel books, glad I didn't spend any money on them.
    My plan for the remainder of the NJO hard covers is to wait until the library gets them. For the paperbacks, the plan is to join forces with a few friends, whoever happens to find the book at the store first buys it, reads it quickly (not a problem with the simplistic DelRey books) then sends it on to another of us, who in turn sends it on to the next friend.
    So far we have one copy of Darth Smaul that half of us have read and 3 copies of Conquest that are circulating amongst us.
    When we all finish the books, any that I bought will go where all my SW books go when I'm done. The public library.

Val, Bror Jace is right about Conquest feeling like a YJK book. You said "That's intentional.
    The author, is showing a symbolic transition. The book changes in style so don't give up yet. "
    Well I'll agree that it's intententional. DelRey is most assuredly marketing the NJO to the Jr High set.
    As for the book changing in style, I think it gets even more YJK-ish as the book goes on with the plot narrowing down to just Anakin's adventures and what little bit of the supporting actors' stories directly impinge on Ani's tale.
    It's a good book, and I liked it, BUT it's not what I would call a true adult Star Wars novel.
  12. Asyr Handor Jedi Master

star 4
    I have them all as well.
  13. Mad Jedi Master Jedi Master

star 3
    I have all of them. I even have Vector Prime in both Hardcover and paperback (My hardcover is signed, so I only read my paperback copy now). I usually buy 2 of each paperback: 1 to display and 1 to read/lend to friends. I work in a bookstore, so with my discount its actually affordable to do so.
  14. The Gatherer Jedi Youngling

star 6
    I have all the released NJO books . . .
  15. 181st Fighter Wing Jedi Knight

star 2
    Not only all NJO, I have EVERY adult novel ever published, all first printings.
  16. boushh2187 Jedi Master

star 4
    I have all of the NJO books that have been released...
  17. MaraJade_00 Jedi Padawan

I have all but the ones that were first released in hardback . . . And I must say, I prefer the ones that weren't so organized and had the storyline built in. . . I wish I had all of those instead!
  18. JWK Jedi Master

star 4
    I have all of them plus the audio book BP
  19. Dewlanna Solo Jedi Master

star 4
    I HAD all the Bantam books and the early Del Rey, but I gave most of them to the library when I was done. The only ones I kept were I Jedi, SotP and VotF and the Daily HS set.
    We also have all the YJK and JJK somewhere in the kids' rooms.
  20. CofCGhostHunter Jedi Knight

Hi all!
    I have them all. My library doens't buy SW books, plus I like to buy the books I read anyway, especially SW. With the exception of Conqust (which I got 2 weeks late) I've read each of the months late, I never got around, but now that I'm caught up I can't wait until Rebirth, but I'll probably finish that in a day like Conquest!

BoB
  21. pat-fett Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I have all the Eu novels first print except Conquest. I plan on geting after I finish Shaow Hunter and Sabator
  22. rogue9 Jedi Knight

star 1
    yes, but growing weary of the vong and the entire story arc
  23. saberwielder76 Jedi Master

star 4
    I have all of the NJO books, but the storyline is starting to irritate me. I will buy Rebirth, and Star by Star, but depending on how I like SbS, I may stop reading the NJO altogether, and concentrate on the prequel era. There is bound to be some great storys from that period.
  24. Asyr Handor Jedi Master

star 4
  25. yoda_does_dallas Jedi Knight

star 1
    I also own all of the EU adult novels except for most of the prequel books and tales of the Mos Isley Cantina. BTW I live in Guatemala, Central America (outside shots of Yavin 4) so it actually takes a lot of commitment to get them all.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.