main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena Let's get it on!: The Mixed Martial Arts Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by ClarkWayne, Nov 16, 2006.

1. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
  2. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Ian McCall has been pulled from UFC 208 prelims.

3. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    More awful judging tonight, this one on the Silva decision. Putrid.

It's at least one decision per card, now.

Edit - who is this referee in the holm fight? lol. embarrassing. de randamie is such a dirty fighter.

Worst managed card I've seen in at least five years, top to bottom. The unqualified trash employed by the NYSAC make the Nevada guys look like rocket scientists. I know money means everything, but Dana should keep the UFC out of NY until that Commission is emptied, and rebuilt.

4. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Probably should, but won't. Not after that long fight to get MMA legal in NY in the first place. At least Jacare had the sense not to leave it to the judges.

And agreed, a more experienced official should have been put in that main event.

heels1785 likes this.
  5. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    There was a lot of crazy hyperbole going around after Ronda's loss, which I thought was completely ridiculous. Like a lot of people saying she was never any good, she was just a product of a publicity/hype machine, etc. Complete nonsense, like total crazy talk, and really disrespectful.

I did say, earlier in this thread, that there was no way Ronda was dumb enough to repeat the mistakes she made against Holly, and that there was no way her team could be so blind/incompetent (again), but she was and they were. It's really incredible.

This is the best thing. I really, really hate Goldberg, because of his many completely idiotic Goldberg-isms. The guy is just completely incompetent. He calls even the most advanced techniques "101", because he's an idiot, he loves memorizing foreign words for techniques (teep) and cramming them in as much as possible, as if anyone was impressed (and sometimes he gets the subtle differences wrong anyway), and he was calling Ronda a rock star as she was eating one power punch after another from Holly. He sounds like a robot who isn't even aware of his surroundings. Total incompetence.

Now, if we could just get rid of Bruce Buffer, I wouldn't have to mute the UFC so often.

6. bizzbizz

bizzbizz Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2015
    rhonda really needs to get with a proper team if she is still serious about the sport because her coach at the moment is terrible. it is a little hyperbole to say it but she is risking serious damage if she continues to fight in that mind set and with him as her coach

Mikaboshi likes this.
  7. moreorless12

moreorless12 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 4, 2016
    Rousey for me was really a case of a grappler falling inlove with there rather sloppy striking(doubtless helped by Tarverdyan looking truly clueless as a coach, the situation with him seem almost cult like), she'd had some success with it vs other grapplers but really her long term success was built on her judo that obviously was of very high quality and well adapted to MMA.

As far as Holm goes I'd say De Randamie perhaps should have lost a point for that second late shot(although neither IMHO were THAT late, not to the degree Holm wasn't still defending) but I think that's balanced by getting some highly questionable rounds given to her based on stalling against the cage. We've had official comfirmation that cage/ring control should only count in a VERY close round but Holm was clearly losing that fight, getting beaten to the punch all night and even taking more punishment in the clinch. The result probably should have been 49-45 or 48-46.

8. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    I didn't know Van Damme was fighting tonight.

9. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    That main event was crazy. Great heart from Lewis. Good card overall.

10. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Tarverdyan is the worst coach in the sport.

bizzbizz, Mikaboshi and CT-867-5309 like this.
  11. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Overall that was a much better card than 208 was.

12. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    St. Pierre will fight Bisping at 185.

Date and location yet to be named.

Mikaboshi and Juliet316 like this.
  13. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  14. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    *** damn it.

Mikaboshi and Juliet316 like this.
  15. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005

Yeah, that were my thoughts exactly.

Mikaboshi likes this.
  16. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Think tonight might have been it for Rashad Evans. That's a bad loss he took, against a very mediocre opponent.

Let's go Wonderboy Thompson.

Mikaboshi likes this.
  17. SergeyX2017

SergeyX2017 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 14, 2017
    Disappointing. Very disappointing. Nurmagomedov even called out McGregor before, wanted to fight him. Now, he runs away from this guy? WTF... Yeah, he had a tummy ache or whatever, give me a break. Just a silly excuse for not fighting, pathetic. Embarrassing for Russia, and for his home region, North Caucasus, Dagestan.

18. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Shoot, this is so close.

I've got 1 and 2 to Stephen, 3 to Woodley with the takedown. Both so cautious.

Edit - Wonderboy 3-1 after four. Always a dangerous game to try to go for a decision as the challenger. Knock his ass out.

Edit 2 - ****. Woodley is going to steal this by winning the 5th. Trash.

Crappy fight, crappy judging, awful champion. Just killing this division.

Mikaboshi likes this.
  19. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Announced on the prelims is the fact that Mighty Mouse vs. Wilson Reis is back on for April 15 on Fox.

Mikaboshi likes this.
  20. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Language warning:

21. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Oh wow. Belfort got destroyed.

[​IMG]

Mikaboshi likes this.
  22. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Did put up a better effort than Penn did.

Bisping suggested in the post fight show that Belfort and Anderson Silva have a retirement match against each other in Rio.

Mikaboshi likes this.
  23. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Mikaboshi likes this.
  24. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  25. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011