main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena Let's get it on!: The Mixed Martial Arts Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by ClarkWayne, Nov 16, 2006.

1. JediCouncilMember

JediCouncilMember Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 15, 2003
    Silva is unstoppable!

I wonder if they'll set up a match with Okami now?
    There really is no one else except Henderson.

I wonder who Brock's first opponent will be? I thought I read somewhere his first UFC fight might be in early Feb.

2. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    The Writer's Guild's loss might be UFC's gain:

3. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    From WrestlingObserver.com:

--UFC has sued Randy Couture for breach of contract. The story is at www.lvrj.com/sports/13794082.html They are seeking in excess of $10,000 in both compensatory and punitive damages. They are also seeking a restraining order to prevent Couture from participating in any way for any competing organization. This is designed more regarding him being coach of Team Xtreme Couture in the IFL, although obviously would include if he were to want to fight elsewhere. The company is claiming Couture's false public comments about the organization have led to significant financial losses. They also claim a conspiracy, without naming names, perhaps trying to extent the suit to other promotions who they believe may have tried to persuade Couture to leave his contract. They also note Couture's contract has a one-year non-compete clause.

4. Kiki-Gonn

Kiki-Gonn Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 26, 2001
    ... and new LW Champion of the world, BJ Penn!

[image=http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t209/KikiLauraIsabelle/icfc.jpg]

5. DarthGreene

DarthGreene Jedi Youngling star 1

May 15, 2005
    Ok everyone UFC 82 is coming up in two weeks. Pride Middleweight champion Dan Henserson vs. UFC Middleweight Anderson Silva. who gets both belts? My pick is Silva. Henderson is no joke but Silva is the most accurate striker in the sport today.

6. JediCouncilMember

JediCouncilMember Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 15, 2003
    I'd pick Silva, but I'd love to see Hendo win just to shake things up. That way we can get a Silva-Henderson II.

If Silva does win (by stoppage), I really don't know who could beat him, at least not in the next year+ (2-3 fights).

After that maybe someone will emerge, but right now he just looks to be in a class all by himself. Again, if he stops Hendo that is. If it goes the distance they might be able to put together a rematch after they each fight someone else in between just so they could build it up more.

7. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  8. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    UFC just announced Brock Lesnar vs. HOFer Mark Coleman.

9. Darth_wanderguard

Darth_wanderguard Game Host star 6 VIP - Game Host

Apr 26, 2005
    I like Dan Henderson. Watched his fight with Quintin(sp?) Jackson and was really impressed. His strikes are just vicious. Perfect form and alot of power because of his stocky frame.

10. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  11. stormgamer

stormgamer Jedi Youngling

Apr 23, 2008
    I think that GSP is the best fighter in UFC. He defeated Serra with ease.

12. emporergerner

emporergerner Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 6, 2005
    Alves and Hughes the new main event for UFC 85

13. Yautja

Yautja Jedi Youngling star 1

May 5, 2008
    GSP and the Spider are both the best in all of UFC period. They're unstoppable now. Anyways can't wait to see BJ vs. Sherk. Man that's going to be a huge lightweight matchup. Kind of funny since they both went down to lightweight cause they both got smoked by GSP.

14. BobaFrank

BobaFrank Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 17, 2001
    There's talk that Spider may move up to the light-heavyweight.

15. Yautja

Yautja Jedi Youngling star 1

May 5, 2008
    And face Rampage, yes I know. And I hope he does and puts Rampage in his place. Rampage is a damn good fighter, but I hate his attitude.

16. BobaFrank

BobaFrank Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 17, 2001
    If Forrest doesn't beat Rampage I think Chuck eventually will. Chuck has said he's gonna keep fighting Rampage until he beats him.

17. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  18. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    I have slowly been getting into MMA. My two big problems are thus:

1) I don't catch it on a regular basis. Erratic watching makes it difficult to really follow it.

2) I don't have a favorite to watch and track. Not having a dog to cheer for makes it difficult to get too passionate.

Help?

19. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Start with the Ultimate Fighter, Season 1 and also grab anything by Ken Shamrock, Chuck Liddle, and Randy Couture.

20. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    According to f4wonline.com and TMZ.com, Quinton "Rampage" Jackson was arrested on charges of hit and run and evading and resisting arrest.

He was originally send to Orange County jail, then sent to another when he was declared "Medically unfit" to be held in Orange County (make whatever jokes you will).

He was bailed out several hours later. Presumably by UFC President Dana White.

21. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    I saw that on PTI. Gotta love his truck.

22. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Anyone else tuning into to Silva-Irvin tonight?

23. Armenian_Jedi

Armenian_Jedi Force Ghost star 7

Mar 14, 2003
    I watched both the UFC and Affliction events.(recorded UFC and watched Affliction live)

Arlovsky looks like he's officially back in business.

Barnett looked impressive.

Fedor... just wow. Silvya didn't stand a chance. This thing was over in 36 seconds. Fedor just annhilated him.

Same goes for Silva. Irvin went for a kick about 45 seconds in and Silva just grabbed his leg and punched him once. That one punch and Irvin was on the ground covering his head. Silva just pounded on him till the ref called it.

Great night for MMA

24. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    Just watched the replay...Silva murdered Irvin. That was a nice card actually, though the Verra fight was a bit dull...his opponent was never in it.

25. Armenian_Jedi

Armenian_Jedi Force Ghost star 7

Mar 14, 2003
    Yeah, Vera looked slow last night.

But as far as the card goes, Affliction blew it out of the water. UFC has the better 205 division, but the best heavyweights are in Affliction.