main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Spok, WA ~ Let's get ourselves known ~

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Earwen_Lightrider, Aug 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Raph1613

Raph1613 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 15, 2004
    You're both doing great! Keep on plugging away at it.

2. JediCloneCT

JediCloneCT Jedi Youngling

Oct 25, 2004
    Dathomir sounds cool, and the silohuette or the Riverfront Park looks great in both versions. Maybe I'm biased 'cause I used to work there. I suggest combining the two- Maybe add a silohuette of a Rancor stomping around the park.

3. JarusSarn

JarusSarn Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 10, 2004
    Ok, so I had a little spare time at work today and I made some improvements to my icon...

1. Changed silhouette from Luke to a more recognizable Han.
    2. Lightened sunset gradient colors just slightly.
    3. Also had the idea (but haven't tried yet) of putting X-Wing silhouettes flying overhead.

The new versions are online, but unfortunatly I saved the urls on my comp at work, so we'll have to wait till Monday before I can post them here. Oh, well.

4. JarusSarn

Feb 10, 2004
    Ok, here they are, three new variants, the sunset gradients in these are a little bit more washed out so you can see the everything clearer.

[image=http://img36.exs.cx/img36/3166/spokanefanforceiconsunsetli.jpg]

[image=http://img36.exs.cx/img36/1471/spokanefanforcehanluke.jpg]

[image=http://img36.exs.cx/img36/1905/spokanefanforceiconhan.jpg]

I personally like the last one with han in it, I was thinking about adding maybe some x-wings, or a star destroyer in the sky, tell me what you think.

5. JarusSarn

Feb 10, 2004
    Since we are talking about "getting ourselves known" I'm putting together some ideas for, but not limited to: t-shirts, hats, bumper stickers, hooded sweatshirts, banners, ID badges (for cons), business cards and the website. Let me know if there is anything I haven't thought of...

6. Daramin_of_The_Way

Daramin_of_The_Way Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 30, 2004
    Sorry, Jon, but I think they're all to vauge. Maybe if you took the guy with the gun out and put something in a bit more recognizable as Star Wars.
    Like I have any better ideas, anyway :)

7. JarusSarn

Feb 10, 2004
    Erich, how long have you known me...
    How is my name spelled?
    You should be ashamed...

8. Daramin_of_The_Way

Daramin_of_The_Way Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 30, 2004
    ~hangs head in shame~
    I am ashamed.
    I hate it when I type fast.
    Anyway, I had an idea of having either the Falcon or some other ship flying over the clock tower of river front park, like the ones you have now. I think a ship is more recognizable as a shadow than a person.

9. JarusSarn

Feb 10, 2004
    Hmm... the "falcon" would most likely come out as a round blob at that size, no matter which way it was facing :( but it's an Idea, I tried the same thing with a Star Destroyer, it looked ok... Still looking into other possibilities.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.