main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Let's Get over the Sith. . . .

Discussion in 'Literature' started by MysteryWhiteBoy8, Sep 19, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darth-skycrawler

darth-skycrawler Jedi Master star 2

Aug 7, 2001
    The marvel comics made a big mistake. I think that saying Anakin is the chosen one by causing someone to kill the emperor is stupid. How far can the chain go back the, Is Kenobi the chosen one because he trained Anakin who trained Lumiya who trained Jerec who killed the emperor.

That logic is flawed. I don't see why the emperor would bother to train people who were far weaker than Anakin. Why have hands when Vader would be far more efficient. It seems obivious to me that marvel did not know about the prophecy else they would not have screwed up so badly.

2. Matthew Trias

Matthew Trias Force Ghost star 6

Sep 8, 1999
    zBecause Vader can't be everywhere at once?

3. TalonCard

TalonCard •Author: Slave Pits of Lorrd •TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jan 31, 2001
    Exactly. Palpatine needed Force-trained people to do his dirty work, but Vader couldn't always be there.

"Ok, Vader, I need you to kill three Jedi hiding out on Fondor at nine, speak at the University of Naboo's graduation ceremony at nine-thirty, attend the Dark Side seminar on Tund at ten, then back here for brunch. Then I want you to check out some Sith ruins on Yavin, intimidate Grand Moff Notnyce over in the Quintus system, check up on my son on Kessel, pay Maw installation a visit, and blockade the Silly Rabbit Nebula. I don't want any carrots getting through. Then, after lunch..."

He chose weaker people on purpose. He didn't want anybody taking over.

TC

4. Peacekeeper

Peacekeeper Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 29, 2001
    Come on...we all know that the emperor trained more sith coz he was afarid that vader would rebel against him...

5. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    In all cases Anakin was the CATALYST my friend

6. Cowboy_Jedi

Cowboy_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 20, 2001
    I believe there can be rouge Jedi, people trained in the Jedi arts but one day leave the Order because they disagree with the way the Order or the Republic is being run. They still have all the training and experience of the Jedi but don't poses any darkside powers. There can be these "rouge Jedi", but there CANNOT be any Sith after ROTJ, end of story.

7. Mavrick889

Mavrick889 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 27, 1999
    You're very stubborn, friend.

We've all provided evidence that proves you and your opinion is quite wrong many times.

The Sith can, and do return. The Sith, in fact, were never completely destroyed, but they certainly lost political and military power after Endor. That's almost the same thing. They're in hiding.

Frankly, Vader's sacrifice being undermined is another stupid argument point. The sacrifice of him destroying the Sith is not the POINT! It's the fact that he saves his son's life that's important. His son redemes him! That's the whole point, and you're missing that if you think the Saga is about Vader destroying the Sith once and for all.

Beyond that, Vader does bring balance to the Force, even when Palpatine does return 6 years later. He saves Luke's life, and because of this, Luke is able to stop Palpatine in Dark Empire. If Luke had died, the DSII would still have been destroyed, and Vader and Palpatine would still have died, meanwhile, Palps would still have been able to get his mind to a clone body, and would have still returned in Dark Empire no matter what.

Vader brings balance by saving his son.

8. Matthew Trias

Sep 8, 1999
    Vader shadders evil's hold on the Galaxy and Balances the Force.It didn't matter that Palpatine was still around.The Force was balanced and Palpatine was doomed.

The Dark Side sourcebook implies as much.

9. Danno-the-Hutt

Danno-the-Hutt Jedi Youngling

Aug 10, 2001
    I think it would be interesting for the Sith to make a return if only to see how they would deal with the Yuuzhaan Vong. Doesn't anyone wonder what would have happened if they would have attacked at the height of the Empire? How would the Emperor have dealt with them?

10. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    The balance of the Force was more designed so that the dark side did not come to the fore. That is to say, if the galaxy was ruled by the dark side and the light side is sent into hiding or destroyed, the balance is disrupted. Yet, while the dark side should remain in hiding and the light side at the fore, the light side can not get rid of the dark side. That too disrupts the balance. Both are needed to balance out the Force.

11. DarthSeti5

DarthSeti5 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 6, 2001
    Well, from what GL has said in interviews the Dark Side is a perversion of the Force. It's like cancer in the Force. I suppose that new Sith could pop up, but that would almost make everything Anakin and Luke did pointless.

12. Knight1192

Feb 5, 2000
    No it wouldn't. Think about it. There is a need for balance. Sure, we can have the dark side without having the Sith. But the Sith are more than most dark sideers. There is something about them that says they are special, as far as the dark side goes. More than any other group of dartk siders, the Sith represent the dark side.

What Anakin and Luke did was to restore the balance. Get rid of the Sith and other dark siders will take their place. Yet it seems like other dark siders would be easier to deal with, and easier to get rid of. The Sith have a nasty habit of coming back again and again.

13. Matthew Trias

Sep 8, 1999
    "Well, from what GL has said in interviews the Dark Side is a perversion of the Force. It's like cancer in the Force. I suppose that new Sith could pop up, but that would almost make everything Anakin and Luke did pointless. "

No he hasn't.

14. MysteryWhiteBoy8

MysteryWhiteBoy8 Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 4, 2001
    Maul was the apprentice of Sidious. . . but he was a Sith Lord.

15. Knight1192

Feb 5, 2000
    Only because he had completed the training required to earn the title. It's like the Jedi order. A Padawn must complete the training needed to become a Jedi Knight. But Maul would probably have had to go through more to become a Sith Lord in previous Sith Orders.

16. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    I honestly doubt that Maul could've done much more in training without dying..you read his journal? His trial made Marine Boot camp look like a tryst in comparison.

17. DarthSeti5

DarthSeti5 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 6, 2001
    Trias, the interview on the most recent OT release has an Episode II preview where GL tells us about the Force. He says that there is balance when there are no Sith.

18. RNolan

RNolan Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 5, 2000
    Talon Card: "Exactly. Palpatine needed Force-trained people to do his dirty work, but Vader couldn't always be there.

"Ok, Vader, I need you to kill three Jedi hiding out on Fondor at nine, speak at the University of Naboo's graduation ceremony at nine-thirty, attend the Dark Side seminar on Tund at ten, then back here for brunch. Then I want you to check out some Sith ruins on Yavin, intimidate Grand Moff Notnyce over in the Quintus system, check up on my son on Kessel, pay Maw installation a visit, and blockade the Silly Rabbit Nebula. I don't want any carrots getting through. Then, after lunch..."

LOL!

I'm reminded of the "I can't be everywhere at once" bit in Josie and the Pussycats ("...and I could be in this room...and the living room...and the family room....).

Classic scene.

Yours

19. Knight1192

Feb 5, 2000
    Which part are you talking about in the journal. The part where Sidious always ends up punishing Maul or the part where he tested him? And keep in mind that Maul seems to have been close in age to Obi-Wan. And that he didn't have any of the Sith talismans that would have made it easier to learn Sith teachings and use the dark side.

20. Matthew Trias

Sep 8, 1999
    "Trias, the interview on the most recent OT release has an Episode II preview where GL tells us about the Force. He says that there is balance when there are no Sith. "

Did he say the Dark Side is unnatural?Or are you assuming that?

21. Darth_Smeagol

Darth_Smeagol Jedi Master star 4

Dec 7, 2000

"The first film, (Episode 1), starts with the last age of the Republic, it's getting tired. It's getting old. It's getting corrupt. There's the rise of the Sith who are now becoming a force. And in the backdrop of this you have Anakin Skywalker, a young boy destined to be very significant in bringing balance back to the force and the Republic. In the second film, (Episode 2), we get into more of that turmoil. We get into the clone wars. It's the beginning of the end of democracy in the Republic. It's sort of the beginning of the end of the Republic. It's Anakin Skywalker beginning to deal with some of his more intense emotions, of anger, hatred, sense of loss, possessiveness, jealousy, and the other things he's coping with. When we will get into the third film, (Episode 3), where he's seduced to the dark side. Which brings us to films 4, 5 and 6, where Anakin's offspring redeem him and allow him to fulfill the prophecy where he brings balance to the force by doing away with the Sith and getting rid of evil in the universe. In Episode 2 we get to go back to the homestead and we get to see Owen Lars and Aunt Beru 25 years earlier. We get to see who these people were before they existed in Episodes 4, 5, and 6." - Extract from the Episode 2 preview as seen on the recent re-release of the Original Trilogy

Bringing balance to the force means getting rid of the Sith.

If good and evil are mixed things become blurred - there is nothing between good and evil, everything is grey. In each of us we have balanced these emotions, and in the Star Wars saga the most important point is balance, balance between everything. It is dangerous to lose this. In The Phantom Menace one of the Jedi Council already knows the balance of The Force is starting to slip, and will slip further. It is obvious to this person that The Sith are going to destroy this balance. On the other hand a prediction which is referred to states someone will replace the balance in the future. At the right time a balance may again be created, but presently it is being eroded by dark forces. All of this shall be explained in Episode 2, so I can't say any more! - Extract from CUT interview 09/07/999

If the darkside is eroding the balance then it isn't a natural part of it.

22. Matthew Trias

Sep 8, 1999
    "Bringing balance to the force means getting rid of the Sith. "

Okaaay...thanks for those useless quotes that I've seen over and over and have no bearing on the questions I've asked....You seem to have jumped the gun...

Give me the interview where he calls the Dark Side unnatural....

23. Matthew Trias

Sep 8, 1999
    It's not eroding the Balance....the Sith are just advancing it too far.

24. Darth_Smeagol

Darth_Smeagol Jedi Master star 4

Dec 7, 2000
    The first one wasn't for you it was the one Cowboy_Jedi was talking about on the first page.

And eroding the balance of the force isn't exactly natural.

25. Matthew Trias

Sep 8, 1999
    It's the Sith that are eroding the Balance.

They advanced the dark side too far.There has to be darkness in the universe but it can't be allowed to get too strong.

Same withtr he Light.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.