main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Let's get started

Discussion in 'Archive: Melbourne, FL' started by LordGoldenArrow, Oct 18, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LordGoldenArrow

LordGoldenArrow Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jan 13, 2002
    Let's get started!!!

Meeting on 2 November in the late afternoon around between 3-4.

We are working on a meeting location so just keep a heads up.

I suggest this day because we need time to plan for the events in December we want to do and the normal second saturday is also the day a lot of us are doing the MS Walk in Orlando.

On the Agenda:
    -December Outing! PARTY!
    -First Annual MFF Sea Quest
    -Website
    -LOTS
    -Writing formal rules for speaking at a meeting (to include GREEN TicTacs. Anyone bringing RED TicTacs are there just to flame and troll and will therefore be banned from the meetings) <eg>
    -Conventions - Vulkon
    -Meeting Place organization
    -Introductions

Can anyone make it?

Art

2. TheSpectre

TheSpectre Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 28, 2002
    I'll toss in my report from the Camping Committee, and the official rules for "Killer".

3. Imperial-Girl

Imperial-Girl Jedi Youngling

Oct 10, 2002
    I'll be there!

4. Delaya

Delaya Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 26, 2001
    I shall be there with bells on!!

5. Ruckus

Ruckus Jedi Master star 3

Apr 2, 2002
    Sweet- well now I know when the first meeting is! November 2nd, eh? Where we looking at holding it?

6. DestinySkywalker

DestinySkywalker Jedi Youngling

Jul 14, 1999
    I will definitely try to make it!

Hmm.. any public places we can think of? I usually don't travel too far from Florida Tech's campus, so I couldn't tell ya. :p

7. LadyDemoness

LadyDemoness Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 1, 2001
    The Melbourne Library is a good choice so that if we somehow end up getting kicked out of the building at least there is a park five seconds away from it to go to. And it isn't that difficult to get to either from I-95.

Hmm...those F-16s sure are flying around alot.

8. Delaya

Oct 26, 2001
    Well since we have been kicked out of a library before that might be a good idea. :)

9. Ruckus

Apr 2, 2002
    depending on how many people we have- we could meet at Starbucks? The one in Melbourne in the Barnes and Nobles should be central for most- though I am in PSJ- its not to far a drive- unless the one in Merritt Island sounds better- assuming that or Melbourne is acceptable to any of you?

10. LadyDemoness

LadyDemoness Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 1, 2001
    I go to B&N often and it sounds like a good place to meet (except at night, no seats), but how will we be able to watch LOTS and other films?

11. Ruckus

Apr 2, 2002
    Find someone who has a dvd player in their car!
    Well- unless someone wants a bunch of folks at there place- I don't think such a arrangement would be sound. What does LOTS have to do with Star Wars? Though I do love that movie. I can't wait for Two Towers!!!!

12. LordGoldenArrow

Jan 13, 2002
    LMAO!!!

Not LOTR!! Lord Of The Rings...

LOTS - Legacy of the Sith!!!

:p

13. Sandy

Sandy Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 16, 2002
    I'll do the check on the library this week (today if possible). I'm not too keen on Starbucks or any other business as a meeting place. Plus, I'm unpleasant enough at times. I'm not sure you want to start with me wired on some sissy version of coffee.

Sandy

14. LordGoldenArrow

Jan 13, 2002
    Yeah. We are going to have a crowd. We need to meet somewhere we can be rowdy if we choose.

The Library in Vierra would probably be best for most of the group. I'll look into what other places we can meet around there. We can do a Melbourne Library as another option but since we have like 9 people who will be in the Vierra (by the Brevard zoo) Saturday it makes some sense to meet there.

15. Ruckus

Apr 2, 2002
    oops! Yeah I am getting quite dyslexic in my old age! I thought something seemed odd with Lord of The Rings- obviously- well ya all keep me in the dark- how was I suppose to know you meant legacy of the sith- though I do know of it. I checked out some of it on Sandy's site. Now I don't get- Barnes and Noble- not good cause we can't be rowdy- Viera Library- good- cause we can? We getting a meeting room I hope? Cause quite and rowdy don't go as synomyns for a library.

16. LordGoldenArrow

Jan 13, 2002
    When we met in Orlando we had a private room in the library and could do what we wanted really. We are hoping to find something similiar. That would be the best option.

17. Ruckus

Apr 2, 2002
    just curious- cause the one and only meeting I made besides the shin dig we were kicked out of the meeting room for some knitting group!

18. Delaya

Oct 26, 2001
    We weren't really kicked out. The person in charge of reserving the meeting room forgot to do it.

19. Ruckus

Apr 2, 2002
    so does that mean will have someone on top of it? Getting a room and making sure its reserved?

20. Mayo_Solo

Mayo_Solo Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 9, 2001
    Hi everyone!

Do you guys mind if I bring a friend?

Sorry it took me so long to post. I'm kinda grounded, and I had a dance competition over the weekend.

21. Thumper09

Thumper09 Force Ghost star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    I know this isn't the preferred meeting spot, but just FYI in case we need a backup the library in Titusville has a meeting room with a TV/VCR available.

Mayo, you guys find Turtle Creek okay?

-Katie
    Thumper

22. LordGoldenArrow

Jan 13, 2002
    Thanks for the info Thumper!

23. TheSpectre

TheSpectre Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 28, 2002
    Titusville would be cool because after that we can drive over to that park by the Bannana River and stare at the launch pads and the VAB.
    There is an awesome Cuban/Mexican Resteraunt there that has the best Maragritas ever... oh.... and a Duncan Donuts too!!!!

24. Wolfgang_Treadwell

Wolfgang_Treadwell Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 10, 2001
    There won't be enough progress in LOTS by the meeting to justify another roughtcut presentation, and besides, we don't wanna spoil the final product TOO much. So no need for the TV/VCR this time--unless there's other stuff someone wants to show.

25. LordGoldenArrow

Jan 13, 2002
    We're looking for a permanent place though and we want to make sure the place has audio/visual equipment available at the least.

There will be a post by Friday letting everyone know how to get to the next meeting and where it is.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.