main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tucson "Lets get this party started" ~The TFF meetings thread~

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by darthspino, Apr 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darthspino

darthspino Tucson FF Founding Member star 4

Aug 18, 2001
    As some of you know i will want to start a better, more organized, and fun TFF then we have ever had.The TFF has been on and off for the past year or so and I want somethign to happen before Celebration 3, so maybe the whole FF can go together or whatever might happen.First things first, I would like to know what you would all want to happen at the meetings and how we might gain recognition and "recruit" new members, ETC... Let me know what we can do so I can hopefully get this up and running in the summer :)

2. Kurt_Wagner846

Kurt_Wagner846 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 4, 2003
    Nice darthspino, put me on the list for Celebration III

3. President_Scroob

President_Scroob Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 25, 2003
    Until the day i die. I, a big dooch bag, will forever support star wars and all its fans.

4. GrandAdmiral_Frank

GrandAdmiral_Frank Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 26, 2003
    I think first off we could use more activity on the boards. Secondly if we are going to have a meeting let's make it worthwhile. I am not bashing or anything but I have been to two meetings and they were about who is who with titles and possible events. Our meetings should include these things but HELLO people this is Star Wars so we should discuss SW.

Ideas I have for events are seeing SW Ep III of course but also other movies like the upcoming Troy, King Arthur, and Spider-man 2 films. We could also just watch SW films and talk SW.

We should all get a SW novel and read it and discuss it up to certain points in the book on the boards. Books at bookmans of SW are only $3 so don't worry too much about whether or not you can get a book. I think it would be cool to do. That's all I have for now but as I come up with ideas I will post them.

5. ColGavinDarklighter

ColGavinDarklighter Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 10, 2004
    I like the idea of reading a book and talking about it. Granted that i have never been to a meeting since i started posting here i honestly have been trying(curse work) but i think that we should try to do that

6. Kurt_Wagner846

Aug 4, 2003
  7. darthspino

Aug 18, 2001
    Great ideas Frank! And I got you on this list for Celebration 3 Ricky ;) Now if anyone else has any idea of what they want done at the meetings, then either post it here or PM it to me if you think your idea might get bashed or whatever.

8. GrandAdmiral_Frank

Aug 26, 2003
    We could stand at some place where there is always traffic and hold signs that say the days till SW EPisode III like when its at 50 or below 25 or something.

9. Kurt_Wagner846

Aug 4, 2003
    Naked ;) Hah! only joking.

10. GrandAdmiral_Frank

Aug 26, 2003
    Don't joke like that or you'll get DS all excited.

11. President_Scroob

President_Scroob Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 25, 2003
    Forget DS. Im the one whos already excited. i mean come on. Standing around naked counting down the days for starwars. WOW

J/K

12. big_boss_nass

big_boss_nass Tucson FF Founding Member star 4

Nov 12, 2001
    Urinal Cake

13. GrandAdmiral_Frank

Aug 26, 2003
    "I want to change my image guys"-DS Lord of the Hipocrits!

14. GrandAdmiral_Frank

Aug 26, 2003
    I think a non-related SW thing we could do which is worthy is see Alien vs. Predator.

15. darthspino

Aug 18, 2001
    I think Spider-Man2 would be much cooler to see :cool:

16. big_boss_nass

big_boss_nass Tucson FF Founding Member star 4

Nov 12, 2001
    Good thing we don't pay you to think [face_plain]

17. Vangarian

Vangarian Jedi Master star 4

Mar 9, 2003
    Ok if we're going to get this party started we still have to settle on a local. which place has got the largest vote to date for a meeting place, pray tell?

18. LadyNaberrie

LadyNaberrie Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 7, 2002
    How about some charity things or something? It's a nice way to help out the community and you'll feel better about it. Also I dunno B-B-Q's, road trips,etc.

19. GrandAdmiral_Frank

Aug 26, 2003
    We don't have enough food for a B-B-Q if I go. I think a meeting place could be Heroes and Villains.

20. hal9k1

hal9k1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2003
    I second that

21. Vangarian

Mar 9, 2003
    Well now, its standing up and walking around only. If that's what you're in to. Local is great, but there's no seating facilities. Other than that not a problem. Thoughts? Ideas?

22. GrandAdmiral_Frank

Aug 26, 2003
    What do you mean?

23. Vangarian

Mar 9, 2003
    Its like Vegas. No chairs to sit in, in the lobby unless of course their in front of a one armed bandit. You're either there to buy something or you're simply going to be standing around a lot. That's why I'm partial to Barnes & Noble book store behind the Maccaronni Grill on the south side, east on Broadway and across from Target. Barnes and Noble has a coffee and eats, indoor and outdoor, depending on your preference. Its more comfortable for hanging out with people you want to meet and get to know.

24. Vangarian

Mar 9, 2003
    Speaking of Heroes & Villians, I recently stopped in and had a chat with the manager. He's asking for any and all Star Wars Fans to come on down for His Free Comics Day special. I said I'd pass on the invitation. Sadly I forgot which day its coming up on though it seems to me that it was coming up in July. He's very supportitive of Star Wars fandom. For anyone who's recalled which day this falls on please refresh our collective memory.

Thnx, Vangarian

25. hal9k1

hal9k1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2003
    I was just in the store last night picking up a Manga I had ordered... I believe the sign on the window said the 3rd. I'll re-check 'cause I rented a Anime so I have to go back to return it anyway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.