main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Austin,TX Lets get together before Christmas.......

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Jedi_Depa_Billada, Dec 12, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Depa_Billada

Jedi_Depa_Billada Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 30, 2001
    I think a lot of us should consider a holiday meeting. It would be a good way to finally meet each other and hang out. I know I'm more than willing to go. What do you all think? Just post the days you can show up, and we'll work it out from there so that we all can be there. As far as me...I'm not working so, anyday is good.

2. Grendelbob

Grendelbob Jedi Grand Master star 1

Dec 5, 2000
    good idea...I'm up for it, and since I'm on vacation now I'm open for any day. Actually the only time I may not be available will be the few days I'm camping for LOTR seats.

3. BigChris

BigChris Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 11, 2000
    Camping for LOTR?? I didn't even know they were doing that. But anyway, I'm up for a meeting, name the time and place!

Big Chris

4. Jedi_Depa_Billada

Nov 30, 2001
    I'm dead broke, so anywhere cheap. lol How do friday's sound to you guys?

5. neumera

neumera Jedi Master star 2

Nov 26, 2000
    Why don't we go to a matinee of LOTR on the 19th? But, BigChris, do you have to work? Otherwise, I haven't had near enough beer lately, happy hour?

-Anne

6. BigChris

Mar 11, 2000
    :(, I couldn't make a matinee showing of LOTR. A midnight showing I could. Need to check with Bob, he has the lowdown on LOTR info. And happy hour can be done anytime!

Big Chris

7. Grendelbob

Dec 5, 2000
    ok here's the stuff...this is from the "midnite showing" section:

~~~~~~~~~
    yeah...before signing up at alamo, remember that the movie will be 178 minutes long...including trailers and credits, that will be over 3 hours.

Alamo does have the earliest showing, Tinseltown has 9:30 showings, and gateway and lakeline have 12:30.

Gateway is currently sold out for all shows on the 19th.
    ~~~~~~~~~

I will be at gateway starting sometime around sunday or monday...maybe earlier if I see any one else there in the next few days...I will have the seat of my choice at this one. I refuse to be forced into the back row by the swarm of x-mas vacationing kids.

8. emc2_1978

emc2_1978 Jedi Youngling

Nov 14, 2001
    Just name the time and place. A Fri. eve happy hour would be good for me as well, though Sat. would be better (otherwise, I'd have to drive all the way back into Wimberley after work to pick up my wife and then all the way back into Austin). How about the usual place (Dog & Duck) this sat (Dec 22nd) around 3pm?

9. Jedi_Depa_Billada

Nov 30, 2001
    I'm game...sounds good. 3pm at Dog and Duck, if its ok with the rest of everyone.

10. BigChris

Mar 11, 2000
    I suggest that y'all pick an earlier time, since it tends to get crowded later in the afternoon. :)

Big Chris

11. Jedi_Depa_Billada

Nov 30, 2001
    Whenever is good for me...i have no problem with the time, as long as its on saturday. :)

p.s.
    out of curiousity do you know who is the guy here in Austin that used to or still has the Obi-Wan (episode 1)hair-cut? i saw him on the metro several months ago but never got the courage to talk to him. let me know ok?

12. BigChris

Mar 11, 2000
    I'd say between 12 and 2pm, when would it be best for everyone?

Big Chris

13. Grendelbob

Dec 5, 2000
    I may or may not be able to make it. the holiday schedule is very erratic right nowI know that I will definitely be catching another showing of LOTR sometime saturday as well, just not sure ig it will be in Austin or not.

B

14. neumera

neumera Jedi Master star 2

Nov 26, 2000
    Hi guys, I won't be there. I'll be in Lubbock. But, ya'll have fun. Chris, would you get everyone's name and email so I can put it on my email list?

Also, remember that our next regular meeting will be Saturday the 5th.

-Anne

15. BigChris

Mar 11, 2000
    Will do Anne! As far as LOTR is concerned, I'm planning on seeing it Friday afternoon at Gateway. How does 12pm this Saturday at Dog and Duck Pub sound? We can meet for an hour or so.

Big Chris

16. Jedi_Depa_Billada

Nov 30, 2001
    12 midnight right? :) just kidding...noon sounds good to me.

17. BigChris

Mar 11, 2000
    Ok thats 2, who else will be joining?

Big Chris

18. Jedi_Depa_Billada

Nov 30, 2001
    please tell me there are more people coming? i'm bring my husband along since he aswell is a huge SW fan. hope more people join in. see you all on saturday!

19. BigChris

Mar 11, 2000
    Yes, please let us know if y'all can make it!

Big Chris

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.