main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:VIC Let's have a fanforce meeting before the Midnight screening.

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Darth_Reign, May 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Reign

Darth_Reign Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2001
    How about we all meet up about an hour before the midnight screening. Since most of us are going, it would give us a chance to get to know each other, and encourage us to go to a fan-force meeting.

Who's with me?

2. The Gatherer

The Gatherer Jedi Youngling star 6

Aug 2, 1999
    Which screening are you going to?

3. Protege-of-Thrawn

Protege-of-Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 14, 2001
    Hopefully the same one as Jacques, Jet-Eye and I, The Bourke St Midnight showing this Wednesday.

Jet-Eye and I have to fulfill our weekly obligations in the form of our radio show (3RPP, 98.7 or 98.3, 59788200 Call Me, now, on Wednesday Drive!!!!) Shameless plugs incorporated.

Ahem, anyway, once that is done we are donning our 7th Ambulance Uniforms and going straight up to Melbourne! We would love to meet up with you guys somewhere, just specify a spot, get a name tag, stare awkwardly whilst we try and think of something to say, someone cracks a joke for token laughter before more ensuing silence, before JE and I SNAP - yes, SNAP JE! - and try and get some BLOODY EXCITEMENT INTO THE PRE-AOTC MEETING!!!

Crickey, I'm bloody excited! Reign, you work out the details, I've gotta go and DUMP!

4. Darth_Reign

Oct 7, 2001
    Yeah that's the one I mean. The Bourke st Midnight. showing. If we do this we should go to a Cafe or something near by.

BTW POT. Is it possible to listen to the radio station if you live in the inner suburbs IE Toorak, Caufield or South Yarra, or is it just aound Mt Eliza?

5. HawkNC

HawkNC Former RSA: Oceania star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2001
    Yeah, I want to have something to listen to on the way home (or in Methods class, depending on when you're on ;) ).

6. The Gatherer

Aug 2, 1999
    PoT - are you in Mt. Eliza?

I lived in Mornington all my life, until I moved to Berwick last year.

What is the radio station about?

7. Nightwalker

Nightwalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 12, 2002
    Yeah thats sounds like a heaps good idea, it would be good to meet up with others, i am bringing a video camera and film some of us.

8. Darth_Reign

Oct 7, 2001
    How about Fast Eddy's Cafe at the top end of Bourke street at 11:00PM?

9. Protege-of-Thrawn

Protege-of-Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 14, 2001
    Fast Eddy's sounds - dare I say it? - bloody great. Jet-Eye and I will be there, with name tags on and all!

And Gatherer (and the others who are interested) The radio show which Jet-Eye and I co-host is called Wednesday Drive on 3RPP!

What time? Wednesday's (duh!) 5-6pm!
    What frequency? usually between 98.7 and 98.3 FM depending on your location. Has been recieved as far in as Clayton at a strong level, so could be picked up anywhere I guess!
    What number if we wanna ring in? I bloody hope you all do! Especially Kla! Phone 59788200, that number again, 59788200.

So what can we expect? Well, take the Mandalore Dump, put in some serious bits, a bit of music and lighthearted commentary, and you have an episode of Wednesday Drive!

Cheerio lads!

10. Darth_Reign

Oct 7, 2001
    Very well. Then it is Official. Fast Eddys at 11:00PM sharp. I'll wear a nametag saying my real name not my userID.

Heres my real name.

Andrew...Wise.

Heres a little description of what to look for just incase it's a little crowded.

I'll be wearing a black longsleeve shirt/pullover thing and green Khaki pants.
    I have dark brown hair and am about 6'1".

11. The Gatherer

Aug 2, 1999
    What is the Mandalorian Dump about... that is a large thread, isn't it? Anyone care to summerize?

Do you talk Star Wars on your Radio Show?

12. HawkNC

HawkNC Former RSA: Oceania star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2001
    The Mandalore Dump is basically one huge rant, possibly the largest rant in the history of the Victorian boards. Read the first page and you'll get the general idea. ;)

13. Nightwalker

Nightwalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 12, 2002
    Yeah i like the idea of meeting each other, but i think the last hour i want to be at the cinema for saber duels and getting ready for multiverse to open it up.Also to line up.

14. Multiverse

Multiverse Jedi Youngling

Apr 24, 2001
    Hi all,

Sounds like a great idea for dinner before hand but you may want to meet a little earlier

The cinema will be open for people to take their seats from 11:30pm and although all seats are allocated, people like queueing up for photos etc.

We will also be running a raffle with the prize being a framed ep2 poster!

Try dinner a little earlier and that way you will have time to enjoy it and still make it back in time

Thanks

Derek

15. Darth_Reign

Oct 7, 2001
    double post.

16. Darth_Reign

Oct 7, 2001
    How's 10:30 sound then? Fast Eddy's is only the meeting place. We can go down to Hoyts whenever we wan't. But I suggest we all have a drink or something together just to get to know each other and discuss our thoughts on the film before we experience it ourselves. It will increase the experience.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.