Madison, WI Let's have a meeting!

Discussion in 'Mid West Regional Discussion' started by jedihexer, May 25, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedihexer Jedi Master

star 2
    O.K. this board has gone on long enough. We need to either meet, or forget about it. It just takes Madison people forever to get going, always has, and I think always will.
    ( I am saying this as a life long resident, not a new person to the area)

I personally belong to the Milwookie council, but if we can get something going here all the better.

I think at least 5-10 people should show.
    If not I recommend everyone joining the MC.

Now who want's to come, and let's pick a date!
  2. ToxicNed Grand Poobah of Madison WI - FF CR

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Count me in Eric.

As for a date to meet, I'd say a Friday would probably be good. How about June 7th?

Now to pick a place to meet...
  3. Rick_Sith Force Ghost

star 3
    I'm ready and willing.

I have the next two weekends pretty much free. Week nights could be possible, depending on the time.

I work on the West side, but live on the East side, so just name the place and I should be able to show up.

Any mall food court could work, and it's free. I think a small group (5-10) people wouldn't be too big a group for a food court either. Even the Westgate one.

Again, let me know when, where, and what to bring, and let's get this party started!
  4. Kylash_327 Jedi Knight

star 1
    As long as I'm free, I'm there.
  5. Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus

star 5
    send me a PM as soon as you have the date/time/location set up so it can be on FF main. I prefer 48 hours advance notice to get it up. It's best to have the meeting posted a week before it happens.

thanks
    :)
  6. yoda_boba Jedi Knight

star 1
    as long as im free, and parents agree im ok to go
  7. Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA•

star 6
    Ask your parents to go with you...no better way to win them over then to not try and exclude them. We've had parents show up from time to time, and they've all left satisfied that we weren't going to kidnap their children and sell them to pirates or whatever. ;)
  8. ToxicNed Grand Poobah of Madison WI - FF CR

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    But... But... But... I thought the plan was to kidnap the children and sell them to the spice miners on Kessel... [face_laugh]
  9. Rick_Sith Force Ghost

star 3
    Yeah, there goes the big suprise...sheesh :)
  10. ToxicNed Grand Poobah of Madison WI - FF CR

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Well guys, we really haven't settled on a time, place or date yet. Think we might be able to have one set by Wednesday? If you're interested please post here so we can get some sort of idea of who's interested and how many people might show.

Thanks
  11. Rick_Sith Force Ghost

star 3
    I think most who have posted here are interested in attending a meeting. We are just waiting for who ever is leading it to give a date/time and place.

I just need to know a day or two ahead of time so I can schedule my time around it. I'll definitely be there, when and where it may be.
  12. Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus

star 5
    I'll need to know very very very soon (ie Wednesday afternoon June 5) if you plan on having a meeting June 6-18. If you don't know by then, and it is in that time period, please PM Sebulba-X (he posted above).

Thanks. :)
    Erica
  13. Rick_Sith Force Ghost

star 3
    Tell you what. I'm not trying to take on the leadership role here, since I have no experience in organizing groups like this, but I think we should meet, even if it's just initially to see who we are and to make plans for a larger meeting.

If you can make it on the 7th at 5pm at the West Town Mall Food Court, in front of the record store there, let me know. I'll be there, if enough of you decide to make it.

If someone else has a better idea, I'm up for that too.
  14. ToxicNed Grand Poobah of Madison WI - FF CR

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    FRIDAY!
    JUNE 7TH!
    5 PM!
    IN FRONT OF SAM GOODY!
    THIS IS THE OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT!

Rick, thanks for putting the foot down and making that final. It most likely works for me. Just gotta hope I remember since I'm done with work at 12:30 on Fridays for the summer, and am probably heading out to the Union Terrace with a bunch of co-workers after work. nothing like beer and hopefully seeing some of the college girls walking around. :D
  15. Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus

star 5
    don't foget to send the info to an RSA to make it official if you want it to count towards becoming official.

This thread tells you how to announce meetings.
  16. yoda_boba Jedi Knight

star 1
    well...if it was at est towne i could have made it..but NO it hd to be at West Towne...sorry i just really wanted to go...
  17. Kylash_327 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Alright, so we show up and then what? What actually happens at this "meeting"? Just curious ^_^
  18. Rick_Sith Force Ghost

star 3
    I'm thinking that we will just meet to say Hi and get to know who is who.

If we get enough people, maybe we could decide when and where to have an official meeting, and maybe decide who could be our CR (City Representative).

I thought that Jedihexer would be leading us, and maybe he will. Seems that everything is still open to discussion, and we can talk about it when we meet.

Yoda Boba, if you can't get to West Town Mall, maybe we can hold a meeting next time at a place you can get to. We do want you there, when and if possible. The more people we get involved, the better.

Again, I want to say that I am not attempting to be the leader of this. I just think we can all decide together on what to do and when. Sometimes it takes one person to get something started and another to carry through. :)
  19. ToxicNed Grand Poobah of Madison WI - FF CR

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Okay, how are we going to know who is part of the potential FF group...? There's a bunch of tables by Sam Goody.

Maybe someone should wave a lightsaber around? :D
  20. Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA•

star 6
    Hidey-ho! This is your Midwest RSA here. Going on what I've read so far, here's some suggestions...

If this is still on for June 7th, its a little too late to make it official since it needs to be announced on the news page (by me or Bobafemme) 3 days in advance. Having this be a pre-official meeting sounds like a good idea, sort of a meet & greet type of thing...which always seems to be the hardest part about joining Fan Force. Once introductions are made, talk about what to do for your first meeting. Plan it far enough ahead of time so everyone can try to make it, then send me the details in time to post it. To become officially recognized by Fan Force you'll need at least 3 posting members at three meetings. Pretty easy really. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help you guys out. :)
  21. Rick_Sith Force Ghost

star 3
    Thanks for the offer of help, Sebula-X

From what I figured out, this would be unofficial, just to see what kind of response we can get to form a Fan Force here. I'm hoping things will take off.
  22. ToxicNed Grand Poobah of Madison WI - FF CR

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    I figured it'd be unofficial too. I guess that officially makes it an unofficial meeting? :D
  23. Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA•

star 6
    Well, I guess it could have been official if I knew about it earlier in the week and then you had 3 people show up...but I think this will be a nice, no pressure way to meet up. Please let me know how it goes...I try to make the rounds thru all the Midwest forums, but there's a lot going on with new chapters forming (a fantastic thing), so it's sometimes hard to stay on top of everything.

Oh, anything can count as a meeting. You don't have to break out a copy of "Robert's Rules of Order" to make it official. Go bowling, go to McDonalds, go to the arcade, as long as it's planned and three forum posters show up it counts. :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.