main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Austin,TX Let's introduce ourselves

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by TalonCard, Dec 5, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TalonCard

TalonCard •Author: Slave Pits of Lorrd •TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jan 31, 2001
    I'm fifteen, homeschooled, I play soccer (badly,) and the piano. I like ice cream. I have three siblings, one brother, two sisters, all younger then I. I like Star Trek, Early Edition and Quantum Leap. I love Harry Potter. I'm Dahlee 2 in the Jar Jar Defense Force, and, in real life, a member of Camp Fire USA (a great organization-check us out at www.campfire.org )

How about the rest of you?

TC

2. TalonCard

Jan 31, 2001
    Ok, so I know most of you know each other, so how about just introducing yourselves to ME?

TC

3. BigChris

BigChris Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 11, 2000
    I'm 25, and a computer engineer. I have a wife and two boys. I like Sci-Fi and Action movies, books, etc.

4. TalonCard

Jan 31, 2001
    There we go! Thanks, Big! Now, how 'bout the rest of you? :)

TC

5. emc2_1978

emc2_1978 Jedi Youngling

Nov 14, 2001
    Well, let's see...

I'm 23, married. I've been a SW geek since I was 3, though then I was too young to realize that my "toys" would be worth money someday, so the extensive collection I had are long gone...

Anyway, my wife is 22 and wasn't much of a sci-fi fan 'til she married me.. I've turned her on to SW and now we both plan to go the the EPII premier in full SW regalia. Me as a Jedi Knight, and her as Padme.

I work downtown as a Web Developer and although I have yet to attend a FanForce meeting, I am really looking forward to it. I like the idea of "informal" gatherings between meetings as well.

Look forward to meeting y'all in person.

6. Jedi_Depa_Billada

Jedi_Depa_Billada Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 30, 2001
    My turn...
    I'm 22, married and have a baby on the way due to be born most likely on the opening day of EP2. (my luck) I got into SW when I was 17, but really got into it when EP1 was released. I've always been into drawing and writing poems, but I also like fantasy video games and movies like, Conan, Willow, Legend, etc. I recently got addicted to playing Half-Life(online), I guess it would be better if it was SW themed. Anyway, I don't know what else to say about myself, cept that I am jobless for now, and can't wait to meet all of you. Bye for now!

7. TalonCard

Jan 31, 2001
    Hey, congratulations on the baby, Jedi Billada. Any ideas for names?

TC

8. BigChris

Mar 11, 2000
    Jedi Billada, Star Wars Galaxies will be coming out late next year. Imagine an Everquest type game in the SW Universe. Its going to be great!

Big Chris

9. Jedi_Depa_Billada

Nov 30, 2001
    Yeah I can't wait for that SW game! It's gonna kick butt......and as far as the baby names, I'm still thinking. I really like the name Amidala as a middle name though. We'll see. I'll let you all know when the time comes.

10. darth_saul

darth_saul Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 22, 2001
    Hey, I just started coming in hear a few weeks ago. I am 25, with a seven year old son. I am not married, but engaged. I am a student, and I hope to be a successful writer someday, soon. I have loved Star Wars since I can remember. My whole family loves Star Wars, so how could I not grow up loving it? Hope to meet some of you at the next meeting, I have never been. BUt, I would like to find someone to share line duty with for AOTC tickets. I am even thinking about getting a part time job at a theater right before it is released, so that I can have easy access. Catch my drift?

11. BigChris

Mar 11, 2000
    I'm sure you will find plenty of people to share line duty with. ;)

Big Chris

12. neumera

neumera Jedi Master star 2

Nov 26, 2000
    Hi All. I'm Anne. 33. Common-law married. No kids. One sister - Joanie (Joanzia, you might have seem her posts around). I'm trying to start my own company so that's why I'm not a regular poster here. If you're a collector, I wrote the SirStevesGuide.com price guide and entered a lot of my own Star Wars collection in there.

I just have to say that everyone that comes to the meetings are just plain good people and I enjoy our comradery very much. Joanie, BigChris, and I are all going to Celebration II. Who else is going? We're thinking about splitting the cost of a car rental.

Also, if ya'll want to have more meetings, cool! Especially in this 6 months before E2. But, let's wait until this dreaded holiday month is behind us.

Hope to see you all soon,

-Anne

13. Grendelbob

Grendelbob Jedi Grand Master star 1

Dec 5, 2000
    well, my clan of campers will be set up at Gateway as usual. we camped for tickets and seats last time; 10 days, 9 nites. it was a continuous party. I 'm hoping that Gateway will be as accomodating as last time, LOTR should be the test run for that.

a good number of us will be going to EII-cel as well.

my stats: 24, single, software tester/breaker/supporter/analyst/HTML-coder/etc/etc...

SW fan from the beginning.

14. Ripster

Ripster Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 13, 2001
    I've just found out about this place, so what do I need to know???

By the way, I'm seeing LotR on wed night at 10. (work prevents me from camping out or seeing it sooner.)

15. Jedi_Depa_Billada

Nov 30, 2001
    hi, welcome to group. you can see my self-description if you scroll up. we are also having a meeting this saturday. its gonna be my first as well. we just need to set a time. feel free to join in. the more the better. the usual location is the dog and duck pub on guadalupe i think...well either way, i'll find out by friday. :)

16. FateNaberrie

FateNaberrie Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 31, 2000
    I'm Danielle, 16, go to Westwood High School, i had watched Star Wars as a child multiple times but only really became a big fan with the release of TPM then i realized what i had been missing.
    err... i'm your basic n3rd. i love Star Wars, (of course) Star Trek, Harry Potter, and my computer :)

er. that's all.

17. Jedi_Depa_Billada

Nov 30, 2001
    Everyone is welcome to Saturday's meeting at the Dog and Duck Pub on Guadalupe at 12noon. I'm new so i'm definetly looking foward to meeting all of you :)

18. Ripster

Ripster Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 13, 2001
    Sorry, hate to dissappoint, but I won't be there. I'm working. Damn money, because if it wasn't neccesary to pay for neccesities (food) then I'd skip work. But, I need my job and don't feel like getting fired. Oh well, I'll live without seeing y'all, I suppose. By the way, I work at HEB.

s

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.