main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sac, CA Lets lock down the info for our screening of AOTC in a thread just like this one.

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by sacul-1138, Apr 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sacul-1138

sacul-1138 Jedi Youngling star 5

Nov 9, 2000
    Figured we better get on this now so we can this []'d away.

If we are going ot a midnight showing and they sell advanced tix we'll need to pick those up in advance.

We'll need to figure out which theater (More than likely the best place will be Arden's Century)

*The 501st will be in Elk Grove (Right?) and I don't know about the rest of you but I'd be willing to travel out that way as well if that's the case.

Sorry I've been listening to the score since yesterday and I am SOOOOOOO antsy now to see the movie.

2. Aunt Jar Jar Mimah

Aunt Jar Jar Mimah Jedi Master star 5

Oct 10, 1999
    Arden is more convenient for everyone, but Elk Grove will be a blast. Are people willing to drive down there?? It's not too terribly far. Besides, getting enough sleep is highly overrated.

3. sacul-1138

Nov 9, 2000
    "getting enough sleep is highly overrated"
    very true...I haven't slept in years....altough it does account for some of my strange thoughts and behavior.

4. Sac-Town-Knight

Sac-Town-Knight Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 13, 2001
    I'm in for Elk Grove. The drive will give me a chance to down an extra cup of coffee. What time is the 501 going to arrive?

5. Lord_Darth_Vader

Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 13, 2001
    I will have to see if I can travel that far, but I am game for Elk Grove.

6. Elvish_Jedi

Elvish_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 16, 2002
    i'm in, if someone can give me a ride.

7. bright sith

bright sith Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 27, 1999
    When do tickets go on sale?

8. Aunt Jar Jar Mimah

Oct 10, 1999
    They haven't yet. But I'm sure we'll hear. I've checked Fandango.com a couple times, but they haven't listed it yet. It's looking like we can all be in Elk Grove. :D

Elvish, where do you live? We're bound to have someone going by there. I'm in south Natomas.

I *can't* wait for the movie. Has anyone else seen the Time Magazine?? It has some great pictures.

9. Lord_Darth_Vader

Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 13, 2001
    No I have't seen the pics yet Auntie, but I now know the relationship between Owen Lars and Anakin Skywalker. Very interesting

10. Elvish_Jedi

Mar 16, 2002
    i live in roseville, offa douglas near roseville square.

11. Aunt Jar Jar Mimah

Oct 10, 1999
    Lord Darth, you be careful! I hope you're not talking some kind of spoiler there!!

(It's like there are spoilers everywhere I turn!!)

Is anyone else coming in from Roseville on opening night? That's a good 45 minute's drive out of my way at 3:00 am before I get up at 6:00 am for work. Anyone else available?

12. crutag-ventor

crutag-ventor Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 29, 2002
    I will have to stay with Arden theaters. :(

13. Jeremyguy

Jeremyguy Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 11, 1998
    If there's any way for me to be there, I'll try to make it down! That's the week before finals, though, and all my projects are due. :( It's looking pretty busy.

14. Elvish_Jedi

Mar 16, 2002
    which means you'll be really bogged down, and you'll have to take another break! ;)

15. Sac-Town-Knight

Dec 13, 2001
    I could pick you up Evlish. I live near the (formerly named) Sunrise Mall.

16. DarthRidiculous

DarthRidiculous Jedi Youngling star 1

May 23, 2000
    Howdy, All,

Still working the Elk Grove angle, and look to have final word by the end of the month -- but even if corporate sponsorship falls through, we should still be able to have some good stuff planned. Now we've jost got to figure out which of the two theaters are going to get this thing!! :cool:

Hanging in there by the skin of our collective teeth, I'm sure -- after all, 20 DAYS AND COUNTING!! :D

Take care,
    DarthRidiculous

17. Jeremyguy

Jeremyguy Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 11, 1998
    "formerly named" Sunrise Mall? It got renamed?

18. bright sith

Aug 27, 1999
    Ahhhhhhhhhh, you are all evil!! I am getting tempted more and more to see it with the gang.....

EDIT:

/Sac FF daily dose of late night posting provided by bs

19. Sac-Town-Knight

Dec 13, 2001
    Jeremyguy I think it's now called Sunrise Market Place. Although, I'm known to be wrong now and then.

20. Aunt Jar Jar Mimah

Oct 10, 1999
    There's Ridiculous! Please keep in close contact. What sort of things did you have planned? Why Elk Grove and not the Arden theater like last time? It's more central.

This is getting exciting. I think Arden's a better theater for pretty much all of us in the Sacramento theater. It sounds like the 501st is down in Elk Grove though.

21. Aunt Jar Jar Mimah

Oct 10, 1999
    I wish we knew when tickets were going on sale and knew for certain if we were going to be in Elk Grove or the Arden theater. 16 days!!!!!

22. sacul-1138

Nov 9, 2000
    I would much rather see it at Arden since it's closer. And it's cool by me whatever we decide I know that I want to see it with the group so either way is fine with me. (perhaps once we know when tix will go on sale we should have a poll)

I'm taking May 16th off so either way works for this old sith. I know I'll be seeing it again during the day too.

16 days and counting I can't believe it and all these new ads on cartoon network are driving me mad while I wait.

23. bright sith

Aug 27, 1999
    From Hater's thread, it looks like we'll know by tomorrow evening. And of course, it no one posts info by tomorrow evening, you'll get the way early morning edition post from me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.