main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Let's make some alternate universe scenes!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by TheLastApocalypse, Feb 23, 1999.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    This is beautiful.

2. Amidolee

Amidolee Jedi Master star 5

Jan 8, 2000
    Thanks! But everyone's pitching in really well! I'll write more later!

3. TheLastApocalypse

TheLastApocalypse Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 1999
    Well, I'm back in action after a day in the car, and a day on the slopes. You people are great! In about five minutes, I will be patching up my horrible post, the plot will be exactly the same, so nobody has to edit. Thanks to all the co-authors, and our readers, I hope we can bring this to an awesome conclusion!

4. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    Hey, TLA, we don't want to end it too soon! Let's let it last just a little longer!

5. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    Hey, TLA, we don't want to end it too soon! Let's let it last just a little longer!

6. TheLastApocalypse

Dec 3, 1999
    I'm not saying were ending it now, I'm saying we can end it whenever you guys darned well please!!!

Confidentially, I think this is going to go on for a very loooong time...

7. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    oohhh, i'm having trouble deciding what should happen next! Any ideas TLA?

I agree, this could go on for awhile. I'm working on a 'book' that i might post when it's finished, so I guess my brain is becoming fried. I have 3 other stories I want to do going on in my head!!!!! There's not enough time in the day I'm afraid to write all that I want to write! If only I didn't have my classes *sigh*

8. TheLastApocalypse

Dec 3, 1999
    My logic circuits are starting rupture!!!
    I'm in a serious writers block here, plus, this godawful 24k connection we have in the ski resort is giving me net lag!

*realises she forgot to take off her ski boots*

Whoops. I guess after 6 years of skiing, ya really don't notice these things. redface.gif

*clomps back over to page 2 to fix the rest of her godawful writing*

9. Ejan Jerthrid

Ejan Jerthrid Jedi Youngling star 2

May 1, 1999

A cold breeze blew through the open air rotunda, but the flames offered no warmth to Obi-Wan this time.

He turned the events of the past few days over in his mind, trying to figure out exactly when it was that hell had opened up and swallowed him whole. In the space of two days, he had succeeded in alienating his love, failing, betraying, and forcing the downfall of his apprentice, nearly killing himself, and endangering the lives of everyone else in the process.

Everyone in the palace was on his side, because Anakin's downward progression had apparently been noticeable. And the fact that Obi-Wan had saved - or rather helped save - the Queen's life had made him the hero in many people's eyes. But nothing could ease the torment he was feeling inside. Somewhere, somehow, he knew he had gone wrong.

And every kind of justification he could make to himself seemed, at the moment, insanely shallow.

He had dealt with pain many times before in his life, but the pain of loss was still the most flooring and devastating blow he could ever receive, and it never got easier, regardless of how many times he got hit by it. Obi-Wan knew he shouldn't do this to himself, but he turned his mind inward, remembering. He remembered - however fleetingly - the loss of his parents when he was still very young. He didn't even know what they looked like, but he could still hear his mother's voice in his head when he slept. He remembered his lost childhood, as he spent years passing from teacher to teacher until he was six, when he finally settled under the mentoring of Master Yoda at the Temple. He remembered leaving that behind as he took up his apprenticeship with Master Qui-Gon at twelve, beginning his journeys through the galaxy.

And he remembered the day almost ten years earlier, a day not unlike this one, when he lost his Master, his mentor, his friend, and his father.

Qui-Gon had been the source of life, love and inspiration for Obi-Wan through most of his life - and then he was gone. It had similarly floored him, causing him to totally reevaluate his whole stance on life. The only reason he hadn't broken then was that the enormity and importance of the task that lied ahead sobered him greatly.

The task that he had now swiftly and quite ungracefully brought to an abrupt end.

It wracked his soul to think about it. He looked down at his boots, wiping away some of the wetness in his eyes. He had been standing here for several hours, trying to make peace with himself, and with the spirits of his fallen master - and his now fallen apprentice.

Healing would be hard, as it always was, but that was one thing he was getting better at. He had apologized to Amidala, but she had understood. She knew this was as hard on him as it was for her. As much blame as she felt like she held, she knew the same feelings lied in him. But they had vowed to heal together. And as tragic as the past day's occurences had been, he knew that she still wanted to marry him. And he felt closer to her now more than ever. But he wanted - indeed needed - to take care of this first. He wasn't able to give Anakin proper resolution before the end of his life, so he would give Anakin resolution in death.

The flames made no dent in the evening cold, and as they consumed the body of the young Jedi lying on the funeral pyre, Obi-Wan Kenobi stood silent and alone, listening to the crackle of the fire and the roar of the waterfalls in the distance. He bowed his head in loss and reverence, and as his emotions overcame him, he wept, feeling a lifetime pass in the eternity of the night.

10. TheLastApocalypse

Dec 3, 1999
    Amidala wore a plain black robe to the funeral, a somber cold-weather affair, with a simple brocade gold sash, tied neatly, but simply.
    The digging cold was deterred neither by the robe, nor the guttering flames on the pyre, flickering over the shell of what once had been a powerful apprentice. Amidala, though, had an inner cold to deal with. She nearly hadn't come to the funeral, with an anguished rage that had tore open the wound in her side even further, and tore open the wound in her heart.
    She had come for Obi-Wan's sake. Despite the tearing ache they both had in their hearts, the pair's bond had been strengthened by the ordeal, if not visible.
    "I will go, but I shall not cry for the man who nearly took my life in my own bedroom, who betrayed the people who strived to help him become his dream." she had said. And no tears came. Many of the Naboo in the funeral party acted cold, few of even the Jedi had tears for Anakin. Those who did weep, most likely knew the young Jedi. Before he had fallen.
    Amidala stood stock still, the chill winds whipping the train of her gown up and around her knees. She stared across the fluttering flames, resting focus on Obi-Wan's tearstained face.
    She crumpled a scroll of paper in her white hand and dropped it into the sputtering pyre, and stared at it as it crumpled and blackened. A flicker of a sincere smile drifted over her white painted face.

It's finally coming.

11. Jane Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    Wow, this is powerful!

What's coming? Can't it come any faster?

12. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    What?! What's coming? Don't pull a JOWK or Lwyn'na on us!!!

Is Ami becoming a sadistic Queen or something? Grr! I want to add on, but I can't! Not with out not knowing what is coming!!!!!!

13. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    Sabe' stared into the mirror, inspecting the little scars all over her pale face. Her eyes were puffed and bloodshot. She had not slept well since...the day. That's all she would awknowledge. The day.

She knew she shouldn't be affected by the trauma. Amidala and Obi-Wan had suffered much worse than she had. But whenever Sabe' closed her eyes, she would she those cold, dark eyes staring into hers.

Sabe' had no Force powers, but she had a glimpse of the Dark side and it's evils. At night, when she was alone and the silence pressed in, Sabe' could here dark whispers taunting her. it drove her mad. The doctors thought she was suffering from post-dramatic syndrome and that she would be good and well soon. She never told them of the whispers. They might think she was crazy. Maybe crazy enough to lash out like Anakin had.

No, Sabe' told herself. She wasn't crazy.

14. TheLastApocalypse

Dec 3, 1999
    Amidala slid the heavy knot of her gold sash off and tugged on a stained white robe on over the black one she already wore. Below a box in her closet, lay a green silk cord, braided especially for a queen. She'd never used it before, for all the years she had been queen, it had been white. Amidala knew it was green now, though she hadn't seen it in seven years.
    The robe she wore now was older than even the Palace itself. It had torn fringe and speckles of holes, and it was the only thing Amidala could wear for what would happen next.

Just as expected, the silk cord was green. She tied her robe shut with it and tugged at the hem of the white robe, straightening it.

To be seen in a robe like that was unthinkable, but with a wedding cord, it was tradition.

"Here, drink all of this." Yané ordered. pressing a steaming mug into Obi-Wan's shaking hands.
    He sniffed the deep aroma of the vintage tea. It's scent made him pleasantly drowsy, he took a long sip of the reddish liquid. Within minutes he was dazed, and he soon fell into a deep dreamless sleep.

"Which did you give him? Cee 4?" Sacé asked.
    "No. Cee 6." Yané replied.
    "Cee 6! That stuff's Palace private stock! Besides, have you ever seen a hyperactive Jedi? He'll be jumping off the walls tomorrow!"
    "That was a calculated risk. We needed to get him settled. His emotions were starting to get a bit opressive. Anyways, the wedding is in a week! Once he's married to Ami, he'll have access to all the private stock! What difference does a week make?" Yané shot back.
    Saché grumbled at this, but walked away, taking a torch from a wall bracket.
    "I need to get some sleep." She shot over her shoulder.

15. Jane Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    Hyperactive Jedi? Jumping off the walls? I have got to see THIS! Come on with the next post!

16. TheLastApocalypse

Dec 3, 1999
    The winds snapped at Amidala as she made her way up the craggy cliff, far outside Theed, threatening to tear her from the rocks and fling her to the sharp spires of rock at the base of the cliff. She clung tighter, the frozen winds hardening her resolve with each fitful gust.
    The flag she carried was as old as time itself, but painfully familiar. She had carried it the day of the invasion of Naboo. She had carried it. Through the streets of Theed she had carried it. But her task hadn't been completed. The landing parties of the Trade Federation had halted her, halfway through the city, and sent her back to her Palace.

It was real. It was coming.She thought as she stood against the frozen winds into the black sky, at the countless billions of stars that glittered high up in the velvet blackness.
    Someday. Somehow. Soon.

17. TheLastApocalypse

Dec 3, 1999
    She uncorked the wine bottle and tipped it up to her lips, letting the wine gurgle into her mouth and trickle messily down her pale cheeks. She slammed the cork back into the bottle and set it in the grass at her bare feet. The flag flapped furiously at her back, each flap signifying good luck.
    A tiny spot of light began to grow in the sky.

It's here. The Second Coming in four millenia.

Amidala picked up the bottle again and gulped it slowly, savoring the tang of the wine, letting it flow freely down her throat, letting it warm her stomach.

A small river of red wine trickled down her neck and slid down the black collar of her robe, leaving a dark trail.

It's here.

[This message has been edited by TheLastApocalypse (edited 02-06-2000).]

18. TheLastApocalypse

Dec 3, 1999
    The tiny knife bit into the hard dry soil, going in with a scraping whisper against the rocky dirt. With the slightest jerk of her hand, Amidala brought up a handful of the rocky earth and crumbled it in her numb hands.
    The glittering spot in the sky was bigger. The wind blew in heavy gusts that yanked harder than ever. It was getting worse. It was getting better. Both.
    Amidala yanked a packet of gray ash from her sack and ripped it open with her knife. She poured the ash of a once-great Jedi into the hole in the ground then packed the soil over it. She poured out the contents of a flat vial onto the spot where the ashes were, then pulled a second bottle from her pack.

The spot flared up with green flames as the two chemicals reacted. Within seconds, there was a charred pit a foot deep and a foot wide, and the ash of Anakin was but a chemical wisp that hovered. She captured it in a waxed leather sack and packed it away.

Twice burned. Twice cleansed. Not enough.

The leather sack would go out on the next freighter, to be released into a black hole.

She had felt the darkness in him. It was a sickening stain, too evil, too horrible. Nobody else had seen it. Not even Obi-Wan. Like blood on a white robe. It was too horrendous for words, to vile for even the heaviest Huttese adjectives.

Amidala took another long drink of the wine.

19. TheLastApocalypse

Dec 3, 1999
    Oh yeah... I forgot to say

I'm baaaa-aaack!!!

20. Jane Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    Powerful. A fitting end for evil little Anakin, sucked into a black hole.

21. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    Hurry up and post TLa! This is good! Although you're making Amidala seem like some kind of, oh what's the word? well, i'll think of it.

anyways, what's this about the handmaidens giving obi-wan cee 6? When he wakes up, this is a must post!!!!!

I can just picture a hyperactive Jedi bouncing of the walls

*giggle*

22. TheLastApocalypse

Dec 3, 1999
    Amidala heaved her backpack over the precipice of the cliff, then climbed quickly down after it, pausing only for another drink from the seemingly endless bottle of wine. Once she got down, it was off to the hot springs for a cleansing bath, then back to the Palace for the wedding preparations. She had told one of her handmaidens to take care of Obi-Wan for the night. She had already forgotten which one, as the wine was rather potent, but she already wondered which grading of tea the handmaiden would use.
    Probably not Cee 6. Obi-Wan would be climbing the walls in the morning! She thought with a laugh.

Climbing the path to the bath house, she downed the last of the wine, and tossed the bottle into her pack. She pulled her personal access card out and slid it through the door panel, disengaging the lock with a trick a passing merchant had taught her. She completely forgot that the access card would get her in legally.

The fragrant smoke of the fires burning below wafted through the dark building, clouding the open halls with warmth and the spicy aroma of a wood fire. Amidala plucked several bottles off a shelf then sat down in the warm pool fully clothed, as proper.
    It's been too long, too stressful. She reflected. Tonight's arrival would change everything. Maybe I can get some sleep for a change.
    She sank into the steaming water until only the top of her head poked above the shimmering surface of the foggily lit pool. She opened one of the bottles and traced a swirling path of pink fluid in the water, and watched it dreamily.

The only sound to be heard in the steamy, dark bath house was the faint splashing and breathing of a Queen. In a few hours, she got out, dried, and left the bath house, and return to the Palace, to wake everyone for the preperation ceremonies. Until then, she was completely at peace with the world, with herself, and swimming in a haze of alcohol-induced drowsiness.

For my first taste of alcohol, I'm taking this pretty good! She thought slowly.

[This message has been edited by TheLastApocalypse (edited 02-05-2000).]

23. TheLastApocalypse

Dec 3, 1999
    "Where have you been?! You went to the bath house? At this time of night?!"
    "Shush!"
    "No I will not shush! When the Queen of Naboo disapears a week before her wedding-- Is that wine I smell on your breath? Why, you're drunk!"
    "It was my first taste of any alcohol. Don't make me regret it any more than I already do."
    "Well, I hope you didn't take any of my stock."
    "No. I took some of Yané's."
    "You know how she is! She's the only of your handmaidens who drinks the stuff, and she's territorial about her stash." Panaka said. In a whisper, he added, "What's her access code?"
    "1138."
    "Thanks."
    "Y' welcome. Anyhow, wine aside, let me in, I'm soaking wet and it's freezing out here."
    "Serves you right for going to the bath house without a wrap! Come on in, but don't drip on the floor mats, they're brand new."
    "When did we get new floor mats, Captain?"
    "When Yané spilled wine on the old ones. We couldn't find any matching ones so we had to replace the whole lot."
    "Dear gods, have I been so blinded by love that I didn't even notice?"
    "Yup."
    "I need some tea."
    "It's in the cabinet where it always is!"
    "Whatever."

24. TheLastApocalypse

Dec 3, 1999
    Move along, move along...

[This message has been edited by TheLastApocalypse (edited 02-06-2000).]

25. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    "Look what you did to him!" Sache' whispered frantically to Yane'. "I told you NEVER to give cee 6 to a Jedi!"

"It's not my fault!" Yane' protested. She backed up slightly as Obi-Wan headed back towards them at a quick run. "I didn't think he'd be that bad!" She let out a small squeal as Obi-Wan lepted over her head in a somersault.

"Hey! Have any of you seen Ami?" the Jedi asked eagerly, his mouth running a mile a minute.

Yane' glanced over at Sache' with a tortured look. "Um...no," she said.

"Oh," the Jedi seemed to sober down a little.

Sache' took over. She placed a firm hand on Obi-Wan's elbow and began to lead him away from the large window in his room. "Why don't you sit down, Obi-Wan?" she soothed.

The Jedi shook his head. "Can't. I think I'll go running."

"Running?" Yane' whispered to herself. This wasn't good. Having a hyped-up Jedi on the loose under such amount of stress was not a good thing.

Not at all.

The Jedi ripped through Sache's grip and began running down the palace corridor. Yane' and Sache' took off after him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.