main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:QLD Let's Make Some Battlestar Costumes

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Murder_Sandwhich, May 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Murder_Sandwhich

Murder_Sandwhich Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2004
    So, doe anybody still want to go ahead with this? I'd love to get a Colonial Officers for SupaNova next year.

I've done some googling and I found this website about someone who made a Colonial Officers uniform for her husband (She didnt post any pictures though o_O ) and eBay people have some patches and pins for sale, so that isnt a problem. So the only problem is the making of the thing, because the materials are pretty available.

(Dibs on Admiral! [face_mischief] )

2. Kahlan72

Kahlan72 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 27, 2000
    I ight just go with one of 6's outfits. Anyone know where i can buy 5 inches in height, longer legs and 2 cup sizes? ;)

3. MarvinTheMartian

MarvinTheMartian Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 31, 2002
    ...and the biggest wig since Deanna Troi in Star Trek The Next Generation? :p

4. MarvinTheMartian

Mar 31, 2002
    If we do this I would go for maybe a colonial officer or Leoben Conoy :p love those shirts man!!!!! And I think I am crazy enough to fill the part :D

Flashlight here we come!!!!!!!! [face_dancing]

5. Kahlan72

Kahlan72 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 27, 2000
    I actually am blonde. At least one thing'd be natural LOL

No really I'm in Josh. Love to get a flight suit or something, although wouldn't be that expensive as hell material or whatever someone was talking about..mish mash of things that looks right would work too :)

6. Murder_Sandwhich

Apr 7, 2004
    People have tried to make flightsuits before, but the company that made the material for the flightsuits have stopped making it, and the BSG production crew bought all of it. Colonial officers and the two singlet thingy that the pilots wear when they arnt in their flight suits would be the best way to go.

7. MarvinTheMartian

Mar 31, 2002
    The material on those suits looks really nice, almost rubbery looking.

[image=http://hiperespacio.dreamers.com/Artics/galactica/Apolo-y-Starbuck.jpg]

8. MarvinTheMartian

Mar 31, 2002
    Another cool uniform, that they wore on Kobol

[image=http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b50/LoneStarBSG/Lee/LeeHomept2.jpg]

Another still:

[image=http://z.about.com/d/scifi/1/0/z/F/1/bgsgall16.jpg]

9. Murder_Sandwhich

Apr 7, 2004
    I'm SO going to enjoy hitting you with a torch when I'm the admiral, Marv.

10. MarvinTheMartian

Mar 31, 2002
    The more I look at the Colonial uniforms the more I want one.

[image=http://img165.exs.cx/img165/9448/bsg103s2ul.jpg]

11. Magnus_Darcrider

Magnus_Darcrider Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 24, 2005
    We've looked into this, and it's certainly doable.

The easiest would be to either do the blue Day Uniforms, the grey Dress Uniforms, or the green Fatigues. The Flight Suits are out; aside from the problems with obtaining the materials and peripherals that go with the flightsuit, the buggers're just too damned complex to make.

The patches are easy enough to get, the rank pins and badges a little harder. I've been compiling some research, but I honestly don't want to look at costuming for another month or until I get the majority of my assessment out of the way.

Still, I'm up for this. We'll talk more.

Regards,

Magnus Darcrider

12. MarvinTheMartian

Mar 31, 2002
    Luckily not all the costumes are so complex, like Roslin:

[image=http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j284/kezzaa83/Adama-Roslin-kiss.jpg]

Or D'Anna Biers:

[image=http://home.earthlink.net/~wk29003/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/cylon-biers.jpg]

Aaron Doral

[image=http://home.earthlink.net/~wk29003/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/cylon-doral.jpg]

PS: Sorry about the image intensity of this page [face_skull]

13. Last_Chael

Last_Chael Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 25, 2006
    I'm definately up for this!

We've got the blue uniforms, the grey ones, the off duty double singlet top costume, the orange flight deck as well. We should also try and get other characters like the president, perhaps gaius, any number of cylons.

Hey Jodes, you'd also suit D'Anna!

Alison (from the SA boards) actually found something that might be used for the flight suits. I'll have to check for the link again, but we'll see how that pans out. She's making the blue uniform.

As with Brandon, I've got quite a bit of assessment at the moment, but we'll definately have to chat about this soon so we can get started!

Hey Marv, finished that essay yet?

14. BigBossNass1138

BigBossNass1138 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    Heh, someone needs to do Doral's weird blue suit. :p

I'm totally up for this. I want one of the blue day uniforms, personally. Just stakin' my claim.

15. MarvinTheMartian

Mar 31, 2002
    I sencond that L_C - Jode would be a great D'Anna! Not trying to influence or anything :p

And the essays are still coming in....hopefully will be dealt with by the end of the week, Lord of Kobol forbid

By the way, we should consider posting on the supernova forums, start lobbying for battlestar galactica stars (or producers :D ), so they can negotiate for them

16. starfire-phoenix

starfire-phoenix Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 2, 2004
    Hey, that's me ;) Hi guys, just stopped by to see if anything exciting was happening here. This is interesting, because I've been thinking the same thing. If I end up coming to Brisbane Supanova next year, I might bring my bsg costume with me.

We are trying to get a group of people in Adelaide making bsg costumes too, as there is a convention coming up in August and the costumers' guild wants to do something special for it :)

There's a lot of useful information (and links to reference images) at the sg-command forums. There's also a page on someone's personal site thats pretty useful.

I've got rank pins and pilot wings on their way to me from someone on the dewback wing forums (you need to have an ezboard account to view the link). There's a ton of useful information there, and it's well worth the effort to get an ezboard account. They are currently trying to get enough people to commit to buying flight suit fabric so that they can order some. It's $31US a metre.

I have a costume swatch card for the duty blues uniform, and I'm currently trying to find a fabric to match.

Updated: and you can get the patches here.

17. MarvinTheMartian

Mar 31, 2002
    Thanks heaps SP, that info will be a huge help.

It sounds like the fabric for the flight suits will be a challenge [face_worried] I'm glad we are starting early with this!

18. Last_Chael

Feb 25, 2006
    Hey SP, good of you to drop by! Thanks for all that info, it will be very helpful indeed! I think I'll defiantely be asking you for lots of help on this one! It will be awesome if you brought your costume next year, we look forward to seeing it!

19. BigBossNass1138

BigBossNass1138 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    Oh, and I vote L_C for Cally. :p She fits the type. :p

20. starfire-phoenix

starfire-phoenix Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 2, 2004
    No worries guys, I'll let you know if I find anything else useful :)

21. Last_Chael

Feb 25, 2006
    I vote #1 Morgan for President!

(After she has watched the show!)

22. MarvinTheMartian

Mar 31, 2002
    I second that emotion!

23. NeecH

NeecH Jedi Master star 4

Feb 14, 2003

24. MarvinTheMartian

Mar 31, 2002
    I think there may be an army disposal store in vancouver that made quite a buck from selling those :p

25. NeecH

NeecH Jedi Master star 4

Feb 14, 2003
    For sure. :D

I'm seeing the desert variation everywhere here. It's really popular for snowboarding gear.

Desert - snow... don't ask. :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.