main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA Let's meet at the Meeting Planning Thread to discuss!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Skyryder, Feb 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrZAP

MrZAP Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 2, 2007
    Sure, a movie sounds great after Chinese. I wouldn't mind seeing Juno again, or Sweeney Todd if it's still out. But I also want to see what all the hype is about No Country For Old Men and There Will Be Blood.

2. ScootyPuffJr

ScootyPuffJr Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 11, 2007
    PF Changs on the 8th is good for me -- Bithy, are you going?

Mary-SPJ

3. TheCrowbar

TheCrowbar Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 15, 2005
    We can't do a dinner event we have previous plans, but early afternoon suits us well

4. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    My padawan and I would be able to do lunch that day but not dinner. Still, it's nice to have a dinner meeting so I don't expect you guys to change plans to accommodate my schedule. It's nice when we can get together and have a nice dinner for our meetings. We only get together once a month so why not make it nice?

5. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    Hey, I might actually be able to crash this meeting! It would be nice to see everyone again!

6. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    Ok, so most people would like to do lunch instead. I'm cool with that. Any objections?

7. Varekei

Varekei Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 5, 2005
    I don't know about "most people." Maybe yet another poll is in order. For me, dinner is better on Saturdays and late lunch is better on Sundays, generally speaking.

8. Jundland_Jay

Jundland_Jay Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 18, 2003
    Lunch, huh? How unconventional.

9. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Oh heck I don't care anymore. Everyone just eat food at what time and place suits you best.

Enjoy
    Thanks the Management

10. Elensara

Elensara Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    Heck, I'd drag myself out of bed for Saturday lunch if it meant getting to see the busy/faraway peeps. ('course, if I were commuting from MSP, that'd mean getting up around 4am, or rather, not going to bed at all...heehee)

11. AniPadmeLurker

AniPadmeLurker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2004
    Saturday is a bad day, but if it were lunch, it might be better...I might be able to make it then.

12. Varekei

Dec 5, 2005
    Huh? OK, in that case I'll have a Turkey/Pastrami club on rye with a side of slaw and a an ice tea, please.

13. crazybirdman

crazybirdman Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    Scott does know about most people, it's his job (and a thankless one, trust me) as our fearless leader to take all of that into consideration before making an event

The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few. I don't have to tell any of you geeks where that's from.

The goal is to not make any one of us happy, but to try and find a time that the most members can go. (To my knowledge there is no magical time and place that would make everybody happy) That means not every person, can make every meeting. LAFF has always been good about having meetings at different times, days, and places to try and make it fair to everyone. Sure that means not everyone can make every meeting. You get on with your life. If the meeting are that important to you, cancel the other plans you have instead, so you can make the meeting.

14. crazybirdman

Feb 24, 2003

. . . and get your own damn sandwich

15. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    ...or the one.

It is a thankless job and I admire SR more for doing it. Lunch would be nice plus it would afford time to do that movie that SR mentioned.

If it's lunch, I can go. If not, have a good time and hope to catch everyone next time.

16. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    Yes, SR is doing an excellent job, and I would gladly go to a meeting [edited]

RSA EDIT: Please watch the snarkiness of your posts. Thanks! :)

17. Varekei

Dec 5, 2005
    Who says I'm not going? A couple of weeks ago it seemed the consensus was 6 PM was the best time for most people. Maybe this week lunch is better, next week dinner is better. That was my only point.

18. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Only the date was voted. Time and place were to be determined. There were discussions about time but it varied between mid afternoon and 6 pm.

SR, you are the CR and it's up to you to decide the time. I will stand by your decision, regardless of what it is.

19. Varekei

Dec 5, 2005
    Absolutely! Not all of us can go to every meeting.

SR, of course you are doing a great job! A lot of us, including me, have posted that often. CBM and I both had doubts about Bucca and I didn't hesitate, afterwards, to post what a great call that was.

20. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Thank you for the kind words everyone. I will not be attending this meeting on the 8th. Someone who can attend please take over. Feel free to change the time, place, and even the date.

21. Jundland_Jay

Feb 18, 2003
    In light of all the controversy which has surfaced regarding meeting times, please let me clarify one point:

I did not intend my previous post on this matter to contain any sarcasm or facetiousness at all. I was merely commenting on how rare it is to have a lunch meeting.

I have no problem with a lunch meeting and would love to go see a movie afterward.

I would also like to add my sincerest thanks and admiration for SR and the truly excellent job he is doing as Chairman. =D=

22. crazybirdman

Feb 24, 2003
    So where do we want to meet for lunch on the 8th?

23. Darth-Bubba

Darth-Bubba Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    Taco Bell or Subway.

24. Jundland_Jay

Feb 18, 2003
    I'm still up for P.F. Chang's in the Sherman Oaks Galleria

25. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Taco Bell is pretty cheap. You also don't have to pay to park. Heck you don't even have to park with that drive up window thing they have at their fine dinning establishments which are located at various intersections throughout Los Angeles. Also they are open at all hours so you could have lunch or dinner there.

I tried not to say anything, but I just couldn't help it. I was baited and took it hook line and sinker.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.