main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA Let's meet at the Meeting Planning Thread to discuss!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Skyryder, Feb 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elensara

Elensara Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    Dude...you could go through the drive through in a line and when you have your food, park and go in to eat! Wouldn't that be the best way? ;D

2. crazybirdman

crazybirdman Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    where was the last meeting?

3. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    We went to Buca di Beppo in February (well, I didn't go).

4. crazybirdman

Feb 24, 2003
    Where was it, what city?

5. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
  6. Jiltedtoo

Jiltedtoo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 18, 2002
    You guys could car pool up to Portland and I could make everyone lunch.

Or better yet, lets meet in an on-line chat room and we can all eat in our underwear and pjs.

Honestly, I'm jealous you guys are having a Fan Force meeting at all. You don't know how lucky you guys are.

7. Varekei

Varekei Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 5, 2005
    Funny you should post over the weekend. I was just thinking how much I missed having you around.

8. Jiltedtoo

Jiltedtoo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 18, 2002
    Awww...well thanks.

9. MrZAP

MrZAP Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 2, 2007
    So the meeting will almost definitely be at lunch, unless three people vote for dinner in the next two hours.:p

Anyways, what I wanted to know is: are we planning on going to a movie afterwards, or not? Because I know there was some talk of that, and I'd be all for it. It'd make it easier on my dad with transportation too, because he can't pick me up immediately.

10. Varekei

Dec 5, 2005
    Is 10,000 BC out yet? Anyone heard anything good or bad about it?

11. MrZAP

Jun 2, 2007
    It's out, but I have no idea what it's about.

I still have yet to see No Country for Old Men.

12. Varekei

Dec 5, 2005
    Anyone have any ideas for an April get together?

13. MrZAP

Jun 2, 2007
    Well, the last two times we've done Italian and Chinese. What about next time we do Greek or Mexican?

14. Varekei

Dec 5, 2005
    I mentioned Greek a couple of times before. There's this great authentic Greek restaurant at Pico and Normandie called Papa Christo's. I don't think it's elegant enough for some people because it has a real "down home" atmosphere. But, it's a fun place with really good Greek food and has an excellent Greek Grocery store on the premises.

I also know a good place in the valley called the Great Greek. But, I haven't been there in a while and don't know if it's still open.

There is also Continental Burger in Pasadena, if it's still open. They call the food Greek, but it's more Armenian. As I remember, it was also very delicious.

15. GFORCE13

GFORCE13 Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 12, 2007
    Ummmm Greek Food you have my vote Vk, do you know if Ouzo is also availible?

16. Varekei

Dec 5, 2005
    Pretty sure it is at both places. If enough of us are into going to one of the Greek Restaurants, I'll find out for sure.

Neither one is a dive. The Great Greek is a little more elegant.

There's also Papadakis, which is the Greek restaurant to end all Greek restaurants, but that's down in San Pedro. Also, I haven't been there in a long time and don't know what size party they can accommodate.

17. crazybirdman

Feb 24, 2003
    I'm sure they could accomodate the 4 people that would actually show up [face_laugh]:p

18. GFORCE13

GFORCE13 Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 12, 2007
    Actually I wouldn't worry since I would be bringing 4-6 people on my own.[face_thinking][face_laugh]

19. Varekei

Dec 5, 2005
    Yeah, I think we might have more folks this time. So, I'll be glad to find out about any & all arrangements, including ouzo &/or retsina availablility as soon as the rest of you give me the "go ahead."

20. ScootyPuffJr

ScootyPuffJr Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 11, 2007
    Burger Continental USED to be fantastic, but the chef who was the linchpin of the place went to the Mediterranean Grill in the Arcadia/Monrovia area. BC is still good, but its hummus tastes like wallpaper paste now, it's definitely not *as good* as before.

Glendale has probably the best Middle Eastern food in the area "Carousel" on Brand blvd (easy to get to from most freeways), reasonably priced, dancing/ floorshow and all that, but can be busy and noisy, even without us.

Did you guys ever do Ribs USA in Burbank? THAT place is authentic! Peanut shells on floor and everything.

Mary-SPJ

21. MrZAP

Jun 2, 2007
    I suggest, like in my post in my thread, that we actually have an official meeting with as many people as possible FROM THE CLUB, in a central location. We need to discuss the problems we're having in this club.

22. ScootyPuffJr

Jan 11, 2007
    I would like to tender just a suggestion -- a Friday night meeting would be easier for me than Saturday, and I'd have more of a chance to be able to go. On weekends that I have to work out of town, I usually don't drive out until very late Fri or Saturday morning. So if we could do a Friday night meeting I'd help make reservations. I like central-general-area too. Maybe Studio City or something?

Mary-SPJ

23. Varekei

Dec 5, 2005
    I can do Friday night. But, it depends where. I work downtown, so places like Universal City Walk and Orange County are too hard to get to from where I work. Hollywood, West side, not so hard, Pasadena, not as easy since the 1st street bridge has been closed, but still do-able, for example. As for Glendale...don't know. I never tried getting there from work.

Now, I'm not trying to tell anyone where or where we HAVE to go. I'm just observing, explaining & sharing, that's all. I really hope we can get together and have a nice time, indeed.

24. ScootyPuffJr

Jan 11, 2007
    Is anything happening on this? Again, I'd like to request it be a Friday night so I'd have a better chance of going. I'm have a late meeting on the 11th, so maybe the 18th or 25th? Anyone?

25. Varekei

Dec 5, 2005
    Well, like I said, if it's someplace that is not too difficult to get to after work, I'm up for a Friday night get together. Here are the links to 3 out of four places that I mentioned.

http://www.papacristos.com/index1.html

http://www.greatgreek.com/

http://www.burgercontinental.com/home.html

Please do not think that I'm saying we have to go there. But, Mr. Zap & GForce seemed to like the idea of a Greek Restaurant. So, I'm just sayin, y'know.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.