Amph Let's play comic editor

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Books and Comics' started by NJOfan215, Sep 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NJOfan215 Force Ghost

star 5
    The main idea of this thread is to assign creative teams to your favorite comics and give a brief statement as to why you made the assignment. If you want to do more feel free to.

Fantastic Four
    W: Peter David
    P: Salvador Larocca

Peter David has written many sci-fi books and is an experianced comic writer. He also tells some humerous stories, so i think he would get the group dynamic between the members of the FF. Larocca's art on New Universal was amazing. His art was solid on x men. I think he would do a good job of illustraiting some of the things the FF would likely come in contact with.

Dr. strange
    W: Mike Carey
    P: Branden Peterson

Mike Carey has writen many stories dealing with supernatuaral chreatures and characters. This makes him a perfect fit for Dr. Strange. Peterson drew the Dr. Strange min that JMS did a few years back and it looked really good.

Spider-man
    W: JOss Wheadon
    P: David Finch

Joss Wheadon handles humor really well in a comic sereis. His work on AXM has been fun and epic. I think he would really do well with a spidey book. Finch did a good job drawing spidey in the fallen son mini and during his run on New Avengers. I think he does a good job making the characters look real.

Wolverine
    W: John Ostrander
    P: Billy Tan

John's done a good job of handeling the bad ass characters of the star wars comics and batman. Let's see how he does with wolverine. Tan did a really goob with the rise and fall of the shi're empire arc of UXN. The characters looked good and so did the action.

A prequil or earlier Star Wars comic.
    W: Mike Oeming
    A: Jan Dursema

Mike has done an excellent job with the THOR stories he's told. His Red Sonja comic is pretty decent also. I could see him writing a kick ass Jedi vs bad quy story. Jan's drawn star wars so well for so long, i just wouldn't want to see her leave.

Iron Man
    W: Bendis
    P: McNiven

Bendis wrote a really good porttrail of iron man in the confession one shot that followed civil war. McNiven drew some awesome iron man action durring civil war.

Superman
    W: JMS
    A: Gary Frank

I'm not that into superman, but what i have read suggest that superman works well when their is a strong superman vs. himself dillema going on. I think JMS can do that. Frank's done a wonderful job illustraiting Squadron Supreme and, JMS and Frank work well together, which is a plus.

I've got a couple of other ones, but it's getting late and i have to get up early.

2. Soontir-Fel Force Ghost

star 5
    Grant Morrison would be creative consultant on everything.
  3. NJOfan215 Force Ghost

star 5
    I would love to see grant on an avengers title.
  4. Soontir-Fel Force Ghost

star 5
    We would do what he did for X-Men and the Avengers.

and then it would be undone three months after he leaves the title, and we still won't know who the **** Xorn was.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.