main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Let's play....Mafia!

Discussion in 'Archive: Your Jedi Council Community' started by Mr.Neck or Yarael Poof, May 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr.Neck or Yarael Poof

Mr.Neck or Yarael Poof Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 19, 2000
    Welcome to the Mafia game. Originally started by Mr. P, 'Let's play....Mafia!' has quickly become one of the most popular, and fun, games on the JCC. So popular the original and second game threads haven gotten so large they needed to be restarted.

For those of you who have never played the Mafia game before the rules, roles, and how the game is played is as follows:

Game roles:

Citizen - The object of the game for the citizens (i.e., everyone who isn't in the Mafia) is to figure out who is in the Mafia and kill them. Citizens accuse people of being in the Mafia and vote on who to kill during the Citizen's round.

Mafia member - The two Mafia families work separately and are trying to kill the Informants, Vigilantes, the citizens and the other Mafia family's members. The way they do that is by PMing the other members in their family and deciding on which players they want to kill. Once they chose a player to kill they pick a member from their family to PM me with the hit. I will announce that family's hit in the thread and that player will be dead. Note: Try and have some idea of who you'll want to kill before hand so if you can't reach one of your family's members you'll still get your hit in on time. If a family doesn't PM me by the end of their 24 hours they won't get a hit that round. Also, please figure out who will be PMing me the hits for your family, and make sure your whole family is in agreement with the hit choices so I don't get multiple hits from different members of your family with different names of who they want to kill.

Informant - The job of the Informants is to find out who is in the Mafia and report it to the Vigilante and/or the Citizens. After the mob families have made their hits the Informants can PM me and ask me if one person is in the Mafia or not. If that person is in the Mafia, I will tell them, otherwise, I will tell them they're not. When the Informant finds out a player is in the Mafia they PM the Vigilante with the name of the Mafia member. At any time, the Informant can announce what they know to the other players in the game. Note: When PMing the Vigilante the Informant is only allowed to say the name of the player in the Mafia and what family they are in. No talking about the game should be happening in these PMs. Also, please don't telling anyone, besides the Vigilante, who is in the Mafia through PMs because that ruins the game. The Informants can announce what they know in the game thread, but then the Mafia will know who the Informants are, so usually they're only good for one shot doing this.

Vigilante - The Vigilantes works like this: Each Vigilante has their own Informant who knows who the Vigilante is and sends him/her the names of the players that are in the Mafia. The Vigilante then uses that knowledge to make a hit like the Mafia does. The catch is the Vigilante will only get to make two hits per game. The Vigilante is not allowed to respond to the Informant's PMs, only take note of who they tell them is in the Mafia. The Vigilante can PM me at any time in the game with a hit, but they must use their 2 hits in separate rounds. Note: If your Informant is killed you still get your hits, but be careful doing this as the last thing you want to do is kill off a Citizen.

How the game is played:

1. The game is played with 25 players. Of the twenty-five people who are playing, I will PM six players alerting them that they are in one of the two Mafia families (Tortellini or Fettuccini). I will then PM two other players alerting them that they are the Informants for this round, and two more players who will be the Vigilantes. Everyone else will be a citizen.

2. The game starts off with a citizen vote. During the citizen vote everyone posts who they think is in the Mafia and votes on who to kill for that round. Whoever gets the most votes gets killed, and I will announce if they were in t

2. Master-Kenobi

Master-Kenobi Jedi Master star 5

Sep 20, 2002
    Hmmmmm...this sounds cool...I'll think about it :)

3. Valkor

Valkor Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2002
    party on. I live in lake tahoe where they filmed the Godfather trilogies...I'll think about it too.

4. FuimusMaximus

FuimusMaximus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 21, 2003
    Alrighty. I'm in! ;)

5. Qui Gon Jim23

Qui Gon Jim23 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 11, 2002
  6. Tempestjonny

Tempestjonny Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 6, 2002
    go on i'll give it a go........but when it's not a vote do u have to act like you live the the 1920's? *put's on trilby hat and grey trench coat*

7. Rogue_of-Peace

Rogue_of-Peace Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    Interesting.... I'll play. Sign me up! :D

8. The_Phinzx

The_Phinzx Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    cool, i'm in,

mister, mister, you forgot your (kaboom!)
    movie i saw once :)

9. Jedi_Benji

Jedi_Benji Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 2, 2002
    1 FuimusMaximus
    2 Qui_Gon_Jim23
    3 Tempestjonny
    4 Rogue_of-Peace
    5 The_Phinzx
    6 Jedi_Benji

I dont have much to lose, ill prob commit suicide from forgetting to vote :D

10. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    *pops knuckles*

i haven't played this in a long time. count me in!

*shifty eyes*

11. Jedi_Benji

Oct 2, 2002
    1 FuimusMaximus
    2 Qui_Gon_Jim23
    3 Tempestjonny
    4 Rogue_of-Peace
    5 The_Phinzx
    6 Jedi_Benji
    7 Grimby the Hutt

Make sure you copy and paste the previous list and add your name to it, to make things easier ;)

12. Fire_Light

Fire_Light Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2002
    I'm in.

13. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    like this? ;)

Current Roster
    1 FuimusMaximus
    2 Qui_Gon_Jim23
    3 Tempestjonny
    4 Rogue_of-Peace
    5 The_Phinzx
    6 Jedi_Benji
    7 Grimby the Hutt
    8 Fire_Light

14. Jedi_Satimber

Jedi_Satimber Jedi Knight star 8

Jul 3, 2002
    Mind if I play again? ;)

15. Tempestjonny

Tempestjonny Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 6, 2002
    i don't think people quite grasped the idea of doin it ur self :p

1 FuimusMaximus
    2 Qui_Gon_Jim23
    3 Tempestjonny
    4 Rogue_of-Peace
    5 The_Phinzx
    6 Jedi_Benji
    7 Grimby the Hutt
    8 Fire_Light
    9 Jedi_Satimber

*pulls out Revolver from pocket and gives it a good shining* :p :D

16. Invid_Clone

Invid_Clone Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 14, 2002
    Ok, not quite sure how to play this, but sign me up.

17. Grimby

Apr 22, 2000
    well it sounds like a lot of you who signed up have never played this game before. i know those rules up there are quite lengthy, but if anyone has a question about how to play feel free to pm me. i've played many times in the past. :D

18. ForbiddenLove

ForbiddenLove Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 16, 2002
    1 FuimusMaximus
    2 Qui_Gon_Jim23
    3 Tempestjonny
    4 Rogue_of-Peace
    5 The_Phinzx
    6 Jedi_Benji
    7 Grimby the Hutt
    8 Fire_Light
    9 Jedi_Satimber
    10 Invid_Clone
    11 ForbiddenLove

19. Jedi_Satimber

Jedi_Satimber Jedi Knight star 8

Jul 3, 2002
    Yes...the rules look lengthy...but they are quite simple.

Just remember the important thing of being visible...

20. Jedi_Benji

Oct 2, 2002
  21. Invid_Clone

Invid_Clone Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 14, 2002
    I've re-read the rules and though they are a bit complex, I think I get the gist of it all. So I guess it's gonna be trial-and-error for me. But it should be fun.

22. Grimby

Apr 22, 2000
    don't worry, you'll get the hang of it after the first round or two.

23. Master-Kenobi

Sep 20, 2002
    I would but I really dont want to get a 24 hour ban that just no fun.

maybe next time...have fun all who play the game :D and May the Force be with you ;)

24. Jedi_Benji

Oct 2, 2002
  25. Master-Kenobi

Sep 20, 2002
    I cant it's one of the rules...and I don't have one anyways.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.