main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Let's put our heads together....... (The Arena's Improvement and Suggestion Thread)

Discussion in 'Archive: The Arena' started by ApolloSmileGirl, Dec 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rogue...Jedi

Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2000
    Agreed, some kind of Bowl pick'em would be good, either straight up or weighted (see the ESPN contest for example of this).

The random stuff isn't bad, but even if we have that, we need to have a pick-the-winners contest too.

2. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Oh, I agree ... I'm hoping someone offers to host a Bowl Pick'em. I'm not big on weighted, just straight up pick the most and get 24 hours of colors.

3. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    Fine by me, I never really liked the weighted personally (though I will admit its a good system.

4. rechedelphar

rechedelphar Jedi Master star 6

Mar 29, 2004
    A seperate bowl pick em competiion would be great. weighted or straight up

5. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    Bring back the Around the Horn game!!!!!

Please? O:)

6. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Do you mean the Fantasy game?

7. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    Yeah, the one where we picked people from the show.

8. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    Yeah, when you first said that I definitely thought you were talking about the Around the Arena game that kinda died last time around.

Both were good, though.

EDIT: posted before I meant to.

9. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    We can bring both back, if there's interest.

I was wrong to start ATA last time without making sure I had time for it. A mistake I won't repeat.

If we want to restart the ATH fantasy league we'll need a new host, since I've not seen Batpooh in a long, long time.

10. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Just wondering ... does anyone want the managers to put up a holiday banner?

11. rechedelphar

rechedelphar Jedi Master star 6

Mar 29, 2004
    how about a holiday bowl season banner

12. Jedi_Johnson

Jedi_Johnson Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 6, 2002
    Oh wow, that would be really fun!

13. ApolloSmileGirl

ApolloSmileGirl Jedi Knight star 8

Jun 18, 2004
    That would be cool, if it relates to sports in someway. Wish the idea had come up earlier though, as Hanukkah is already over and Christmas is only five days away. Perhaps someone could still put one together, if they have the time, and we'd have it for next holiday season?

14. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    At this point in time, I'll need to use an existing banner. But if we get a submission of winter sports or something to that effect, we could use it for the start of the year and have it for next year. :)

15. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Help Wanted:

That's right. We want to continue to improve the Arena and continue to have a great and unique place to talk sports. To that end, we need some help. I've got three specific areas I'd like to get people to volunteer time and effort, and the other forum managers might have more as well.

1) Updating the Index. We did a great job when we created the Index with the help of some very committed posters. Now, it needs updated before it loses any and all relevancy. So, what I'd like any users interested to do is to make a list of threads that need included in an updated index and PM them to a manager and go through the threads already indexed and see which ones can and/or should be removed.

2) Thread hosts. I've started a discussion thread on a list here. That one is ESPN's 25 greatest college football players. It seems to be well received, and I've seen threads like that explode in Amph. As a result, I'm looking for dedicated users to host other threads. One such list might be ESPN.com and ESPN the Magazine's 100 biggest sports stories of 2007. And I'm sure there are a ton of other ones that might fit. If you're interested in hosting one of these and keeping it up to date, just let one of us know.

3) A new game host for the Around the Horn Fantasy league. A couple of people have asked for it to return, and for that to happen, we need a host. If you're interested, send me a PM.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.