main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Let's Raise a Pint or two!

Discussion in 'Archive: Milwaukee, WI' started by Mauler_II, Oct 5, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mauler_II

Mauler_II Jedi Master star 3

Mar 13, 2002
    Wampas - I'm sure many of us (at least Tom, Jeff and me) will be there way past 10 - wherever we go. Perhaps you should call me on my cell when you are ready to head down in case we moved or something.

There are lots of dive bars out by me (in Muskego) that are usually only about half full on the weekends. We may also get some strange looks - but I never had a problem with that!

I hadn't thought of the whole UWM thing. We may want to move west a bit...

There is a cool bar / restaurant (I can't think of the name right now) on the far north end of water street. It serves some pretty good French food and has a heated patio. It is somewhere in the Water Street / Brady / Cass street area. Anyone remember the name?

2. TheWampas1138

TheWampas1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    I'm really familiar with Cass/Brady..I have a friend that lives on Brady two houses west of Cass. I know there used to be a restaurant there but it just changed ownership. Might not be the same place that you're thinking of however. It has a nice little patio overlooking Brady?

Marcy

3. TwistyMaeSkywalker

TwistyMaeSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 3, 2000
    I would suggest Major Goolsby's, but since the playoff's are going on, it might be crowded as hell.

No matter where we go, it's gonna be crowded. What if we went back to that place...the pizza place from GenCon? They seemed able to seat a large group rather quickly.

4. Bishop76

Bishop76 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2002
    I think our best bet as far as lack of people and ability for the young 'uns to get in would be a townie bar. I know Dan said there are some out by him, there are also a few out here in Brookfield (Chumley's, Rita Rae's, etc). They're usually pretty thin on populace and I've never seen a one of them card, unless you're buying booze.

Jeff

5. Mauler_II

Mar 13, 2002
    Chumly's sounds good - nice place, good food.

6. TheWampas1138

Apr 2, 2002
    Works for us. Just give us an address and we'll be there. Hey Dan, your cell is in the database right? I'm thinking out that way is going to be the best bet on a Friday night.

d&m

7. Bishop76

Apr 1, 2002
    Well, Chumley's seems to work... if not, someone let us know. It's on the north-east corner of Moorland and National. From 43, head north; from 94 head south. It's in a mall type setup with what looks like an abandoned Kohl's. There's also a George Webb, Taco Hell, and St. Francis bank near it.

Jeff

8. Auraveda

Auraveda Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 5, 2001
    Sounds like fun. I'll be there.

9. BYOB_Kenobi

BYOB_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 7, 2000
    "I think that some kind of East Side "Underground Joint" (pun intended?) would be a blast."

For future reference, I know of a couple. Quarters, near Fuel Cafe, and Linneman's Riverwest Inn, on Locust, are about as underground as you can get.

10. Skywalker1138

Skywalker1138 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 7, 2002
    Well, I know everyone doesn't live on the same side of town--maybe we can switch off if we do this regularly. I like the East Side too.

11. TheWampas1138

Apr 2, 2002
    I live on the South Side. There is no way I would subject any of you to the Crapahy type bars here. Unless of course you want to feel amazingly brilliant and think "Hey wow! That guy's life sucks way more than mine!"

It's a bad place to go to a bar. We used to bet the first round by placing wagers on the number of teeth the waitress was missing. One fartherest from correct paid...it was a horrible place to turn 21. Horrible.

Marcy

12. solo414

solo414 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 28, 2002
    Well, I'd LOVE to go out with you guys. No question there. :) But...I have to work 8-12 Friday night and by the time I drove back to Milwaukee from Oshkosh, I don't think it would be worth it. Next time I'm home though, I'd LOVE to do this. :D

13. Bishop76

Apr 1, 2002
    So, just out of curiosity, what time were we thinking about?

Jeff

14. Mauler_II

Mar 13, 2002
    It looks like we're settled on Chumley's. I'm thinking between 7 and 8 would be a good time. I live about 3 miles away and will try to get there by around 7.

BTW - There is a TRU about a mile down the road if anyone needs to supliment their collection...

I will post a link to a map and some directions soon.

15. ToxicNed

ToxicNed Grand Poobah of Madison WI - FF CR star 4

May 2, 2002
    Depending on how I'm feeling and such, I may drive out from Madison after I finish with work and join you all for the tipping of the bevvies. :D

16. BYOB_Kenobi

Dec 7, 2000
    Sweeeet!

17. ToxicNed

May 2, 2002
    Should I be cruel and make Jeff the DD? [face_devil]

18. BYOB_Kenobi

Dec 7, 2000
    No, we'll be drinking to his honor. Make Twisty the DD, 'cause she's underage.

Flawless. Logic. :D

19. jedisister

jedisister Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 1, 2001
    Wish I could make it on Friday, but previous obligations prevent me from doing so, unless...you'll all still be out later, like 10:30 - 11, that is if the ol' boy will let me out that late without him. Will someone have their cell with them that I might be able to give a call if I'm able to free myself for a few hrs. from the slave chains of married life? Let me know.

20. ToxicNed

May 2, 2002
    So Twisty will drive me back to Madison?

?[face_plain]

Gosh I'm being silly! :p

21. Bishop76

Apr 1, 2002
    Tracey, we'll probably close the place down (well, at least I know a couple of us will try to). Which means about 2 AM. So, if you can, you should come on out.

Jeff

22. BYOB_Kenobi

Dec 7, 2000
    I always have my cell phone handy. That is, of course, unless I forget it.

23. TheWampas1138

Apr 2, 2002
    Good. We'll shine between 2200 and 2230. I have Dan's cell. Hopefully he'll be one of the closers just in case everyone decides to go somewhere else.

Bueno

24. Mauler_II

Mar 13, 2002
    Yes - I intend to be ther quite late.

Tracey - my cell is on the phone list. Come on down!

25. Skywalker1138

Skywalker1138 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 7, 2002
    Never heard of "Chumleys"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.