main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LET'S REVIVE THE MIAMI FF!!!

Discussion in 'Archive: Miami, FL' started by DarthKoRnRawker, Feb 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthKoRnRawker

DarthKoRnRawker Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 6, 2005
    It saddens me how we "Fans" from Miami don't have an active FanForce!!! I've read some of the other posts from years ago and have seen that we've tried to make it happen but have been unsuccesful to get it really active. I am determined to change that but I need other fans to join me so that together we can make this happen. A huge city like Miami should have an extremely active FF!!! And we're extremely lucky to have the Charity Screening for Episode III this year!!! I know that getting started again won't be easy but I know we can make it happen if we work together. Contact me immediately if you're even slightly interested in making the Miami FanForce a reality.

2. DarthKoRnRawker

Feb 6, 2005
    Is there really no one out there that would like to reform the Miami FF?!?!?!?! I can't belive this. Come on people!!! Let's get together and make this happen!!!

3. AxtonTredway

AxtonTredway Jedi Youngling star 2

May 30, 2001
    Let us know what WE can do to help! :)
    Axton

4. DarthKoRnRawker

Feb 6, 2005
    I dont think there is much the Ft. Lauderdale FF can do because I need other SW fans from Miami to be willing to start an FF here. If other fans arent interested then I dont think I'll be able to organize anything. What a shame. I wanna thank the Ft. Lauderdale FF though because you guys have been giving us support over the years but it seems that it has amounted to nothing.

5. AxtonTredway

AxtonTredway Jedi Youngling star 2

May 30, 2001
    I was thinking that an existing venue could possibly attract people from various parts so that potential members could then later coalesce into their respective geographic distinctions. In other words, if we did something everyone could participate in (StarWars)-then people could join the city they're closest to. Unfortunately, we've been getting all folks to the north of us. I wish there were something we could do. :)

-Axe

6. DarthKoRnRawker

Feb 6, 2005
    Axton, I'm up for doing whatever it takes to start up a nice FF down here but it looks like no one else does!!! What a shame!!! Drop me an e-mail or private message or anything to discuss if there is anything I can do to help out. MTFBWY :D

7. Miramarjedi

Miramarjedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 21, 2005
    I'm with you and can someone add me to their watched user lsit.

8. DarthKoRnRawker

Feb 6, 2005
    Hey Miramar nice to see ya posting and thanx for taking interest in my attempt to start a Miami FF. Still seems like no one else is interested in reviving or commencing an FF chapter here in Miami. Maybe if we persevere we might be able to get something started. Ok, well MTFBWY!!! If anyone out there is interested just contact me!!!

9. LordCaligula

LordCaligula Jedi Youngling

Apr 29, 2004
    Kendall brotha over here! WTF no one wants to get this going? Miami residents totally blow!

10. DarthKoRnRawker

Feb 6, 2005
    LordCaligula, would you be interested in reviving the Miami SW FF??? If you do just drop me a reply here or send me a PM. MTFBWY!!!

11. G_Money

G_Money Jedi Youngling

Mar 13, 2005
    Dude, I'm a huge fan down here in the kendall miami area and I'd love to revive the FF down here. I'm up for anything, lets roll!

My AIM- GrasG55
    My Email- Gio44vol@aol.com

12. DarthKoRnRawker

Feb 6, 2005
    Hey G thanx for you interest and I'll be speaking to you tomorrow to see what we're gonna do. Tell any friends who might be even slightly interested. OK TTYL and MTFBWY!!!

13. resurgent

resurgent Jedi Youngling

Mar 14, 2005
    ok, somewhat related.. Episode III May 19.. who's going to be waiting in line all day May 18 at muvico in davie? I'm trying to get an idea of what its going to be like.. email me at resurgent@tmail.com or aim=annexedwa

14. DarthKoRnRawker

Feb 6, 2005
    I'm not going to MovieCo for the midnight release...I'm gonna head on over to Cobb Theatres in Dolphin Mall.

15. EiriasTricia

EiriasTricia Jedi Youngling

Jul 17, 2004
    I agree that we need to get something going. I live in Key Largo and I have watched this thread for years waiting for something to happen with it.

16. G_Money

G_Money Jedi Youngling

Mar 13, 2005
    I agree. If you really wanna do something, then lets just do it. Ill post up my aim and email again....AIM: GrasG55 and email: Gio44vol@aol.com.

I'm gonna see it in muvico by the way...do you know when the midnight showing tickets go on sale?

17. arthurclavin2

arthurclavin2 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 27, 2003
    Fellow Miamian here,

I live in the Kendall area and would be interested in meeting up for a particular screening of a particular movie on the 18th of May if possible...

AC2

18. DarthKoRnRawker

Feb 6, 2005
    Nice to see some activity goin on here!!! Like the rest that have posted here I'm still interested in getting together with some fellow SW fans and just have some fun. I e-mailed Cobb Theatres and I was told to e-mail them again 3 weeks before the release of the movie, which is roughly April 28th, for more info on how to obtain tickets for the Midnight Screening on May 18th. I will be e-mailing them again on April 28th to find out more on how to get tickets.
    Again if you're interested in reviving the SW FF here in South Florida don't hesitate to contact me at my e-mail barcenaswilliam@hotmail.com (Subject: SW FanForce) or at my AIM SN: KoRnRawker.
    MTFBWY!!!

19. El_Senor_Sith

El_Senor_Sith Jedi Youngling

Mar 30, 2005
    Hi DarthKoRnRawker

It would be awesome to revive the Miami FF! Count me in. As a matter of fact, I'm trying to find out if anyone will be at the Wal-Mart Midnight Sale this Friday, and if possible, which store will fans be gathering at. (Should this be posted as a separate thread?)

Any info will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

20. DarthKoRnRawker

Feb 6, 2005
    Hey Señor thanx for your interest. On Fri it seems that at least 2 people from this area are going to the Toys R Us next to Town and Country...I will be heading to the Wal Mart on Kendall on Sat to check out what they have there. Contact me through AIM to see what we can do!!!

21. dvader654

dvader654 Jedi Youngling

Apr 24, 2002
    Well I have lived in Kendall all my life and I know from experience from going to see the movies that we have thousands of Star Wars fans in Miami. It surprised me to find there wasnt a fanforce here. But like everything in Miami people just dont want to do anything... like how no one goes to watch the Marlins.

Best way to do this is to organize watching the movie together. Problem is that by now we all have seperate plans, I already have a huge group hoping to go to Muvico.

22. DarthKoRnRawker

Feb 6, 2005
    Well some of the fans that I know are going to the new Regal Cinema on 88th for the Midnight Screening because they are already selling tickets. I havent checked the theater out but if it's good then I'm going there.

23. Hephaestus

Hephaestus Jedi Youngling

Aug 9, 2002
    You can count me in as well. Cobb at Dolphin has tickets available online allready.

24. Paradise in Naboo

Paradise in Naboo Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 30, 1999
    DarthKoRnRawker posted on 4/16/05 1:36pm
    Well some of the fans that I know are going to the new Regal Cinema on 88th for the Midnight Screening because they are already selling tickets. I havent checked the theater out but if it's good then I'm going there.
    [hr][/blockquote]

It's a great theater. I've been there twice since they opened. Comfortable atmosphere, big screens and great sound. And it's only about five minutes from where I live.

Unfortunately, I have no money right now to purchase my midnight screening tickets. I [i]really[/i] hope they don't sell out before I get the chance to buy them.

25. DarthKoRnRawker

Feb 6, 2005
    Hey Paradise, we're in the same situation!!! :( I have no money right now and no credit card to buy them online!!! The new Regal is kinda far from my house since I live in Sweetwater but Cobb Theatres at Dolphin doesnt know if they'll have a midnight screening or not!!! But yeah as soon as I get money I'm buying my ticket!!! MTFBWY!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.