main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Let's seriously start our FanForce.

Discussion in 'Archive: Charleston, SC' started by Shave_the_Ewoks, Aug 4, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shave_the_Ewoks

Shave_the_Ewoks Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 29, 2001
    Hi all!
    Hello Charleston SW fans! My name is Bob Foster and I live in Goose Creek (though I am in Wisconson at this moment). I few months ago I began talking to Palpantine fan to restart a FanForce (apparantly, there used to be one a few years ago). Talk died off as I went to Wisconson for the summer. But upon finally getting around to checking the board (which I requested be started), I see a few people have started popping up. With Celebration and Eppy II right around the corner, it is now the perfect time to create one. I have 3 friends who arent' on the boards who are interested in helping start one, plus those who have posted (sorry, your names elude me at the moment, even though I just read them.)

I return from WI on Aug 15th, and one of you are interested in starting one after labor day, so to all those inerested, post on this board, or email me at lrdcalerab@aol.com, or send a PM. I extremely wish to start this thing soon, I plan to go to Celeb, but really don't want to go alone and it would be awesome to go as a group.

BoB

2. motf-jan

motf-jan Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 25, 2001
    Hi Bob,
    I'll see Joanzia and some other FanForce national people at Dragon*con this year. I'll be glad to talk to them and get all the logistics on how to get started. I know a couple of people from Charleston who don't post here, but I'm sure would be interested. There are several places we could meet. Barnes and Noble cafe-one of the members of the 501st works there!, or The Green Dragon right next to the Ice Palace. They have a large room adjacent to the store for gaming. I'm sure if we asked, they'd let us use it from time to time.

Are there any Charleston People going to Dragon*con this year? There are a ton of Star Wars guests coming. This will be my 5th year and 3rd on staff. Please feel free to email me at tuono@prodigy.net if you have any questions about it. I also have a site at http://motf.newsdroid.com which has info on our charity raffle and fan film festival.

Charleston is a big enough town that we should be able to get things going! I had planned on going to the celebration, but it is right in the middle of final exam week so I'll have to wait till the last minute to see. Luckily, I know people in Indy so finding a room at the last minute won't be a problem!
    Thanks,
    Janet

3. Hama

Hama Retired GSA, Retired RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2000
    Your timing couldn't be better. With the title released this week, and the trailer just around the corner, it's the best time to start a FanForce chapter.

4. Shave_the_Ewoks

Shave_the_Ewoks Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 29, 2001
    Hi those who follow this message (the two of us!)
    I just talked to my friend Justin Bolger and he is very intersted in joining.

BoB

5. motf-jan

Feb 25, 2001
    Great news! Don't know if you saw it advertised or not, but we will have an EPII hat signed by George Lucas for sale at our charity auction this year. Steve Sansweet is bringing it for us. Unfortunately, the price will be out of my range, but at least I'll get to touch it<G> Maybe even a picture of me holding it if I'm lucky.
    Thanks,
    Janet

6. motf-jan

Feb 25, 2001
    Hi fellow Charlestonians. Back from a great time at Dragon*con. I have lots of pictures and something special for those who couldn't go. So, lets talk getting everyone together. We need a place, a time, then we can put out some flyers, maybe an add in the Hanahan news--It's free!, put up notices in the local colleges and get things started. I'm thinking a Sunday afternoon might be good to Start. Any suggestions or comments.
    Janet

7. jedicharlie

jedicharlie Jedi Youngling

Sep 10, 2001
    Hi there!
    I'm from Charleston, but live on Little Cayman Island now. I come home to see the folks, though, quite often and make sure my SW stuff is safe in the attic. To see EPII I will definitely fly home. I will be in Charleston sometime in Sept/Oct on vacation, so if there's any gatherings, coffee, Monopoly night (SW version, of course) I'd love some socializing with fellow fans. (I goofed by not planning my vacation around the DVD release date..... sithspawn!)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.