Let's set up a meeting!!

Discussion in 'Pittsburgh, PA' started by Rox, Feb 5, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rox Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    I know it's hard for everyone to get together, but I think we really need to plan a meeting. The best days for me are mondays and saturday nights. Whether it be a movie, hockey game, or something else. For a first meeting I've got two ideas:
    1. we go see a movie and get something to eat
    2. we go to Dave and Buster's, it's an awesome place, plus there really aren't any age limitations

If anyone else is serious about meeting and gettting official, post it here or email me.
  2. Oola_Twilek Jedi Knight

star 1
    I am all up for doing something. But There is age limits on Dave and Busters, One of the girls in my class works there. If youre 21 you can be there any time, If you are under 21 you can be there till 10pm if you are there with someone who is 25.

I think going to the movies is great. Its alot cheaper than a hockey game, and its a easy place to get together. I saw Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon @ Lowes on the waterfront last weekend and I would love to go and see it again. There are lots of places to eat down there too, but You have to go early bc. It is always a long wait.

Other Ideas:
    Go iceskating. North Park is cheap.
    Lazer tag or something like that.
    bowling.
    uh ok, I like the movies the best...
  3. Rox Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    Yeah the movies is probably our best bet. I been wanting to see Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon for a while now. I vote for that one. Bowling wouldn't be bad. I just went cosmic bowling this weekend, it was fun, plus my tatoos were glowing under te black lights it was neat.
  4. Oola_Twilek Jedi Knight

star 1
    Sounds fun to me!

Looks like only us PTI losers want to do anything... :(
  5. Liz Skywalker Ex-Mod

star 6
    Sunday is good for me.
  6. Rox Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    I guess so, I'm trying to recruit some people from school. Plus I've been trying to get as many star wars websites I can to post our link.
  7. grendelsfork Jedi Master

star 4
    i go to lowes all the time..
  8. Rox Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    If we do something on a sundat it would have to be after 7pm until I get off work. But i have the 25th and 26th off because off my birthday I'd be up to do somethign then.
  9. Oola_Twilek Jedi Knight

star 1
    I think that fri - sun. night would be the best time to get together. My weekends are usually free, for the most part. So it looks like we just have to pick a date, and meet, I have no problems with the 25 or the 26th. anyone else??
  10. MysterySith MEPA Founder/Advisor FF NYC, NY

star 5
    Be sure to drop me an e-mail when your metting is set, so I can post it on the FF page.
  11. Rox Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    don't worry we will
  12. InasneChiss Jedi Knight

star 3
    The insane one is willing.....she has the free time...the Art Inst seems to like not giving me any homework...
  13. Wolenzac Jedi Padawan

hey, im from pittsburgh, I go to PTI (the ghetto school downtown not the rich kids campus)
  14. Rox Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    the rich kids campus? Everyone I know up there is just as poor as me, but I could be wrong. Anyway welcome to the forum.
  15. Darth_Gohan Jedi Master

star 1
    the weekend of the 25 sounds good for me sorry i ahvent been on in a long while but ehh ive been really busy... i really want to see crouching tiger... im up for anything tough
  16. Rox Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    that's what I want to see too, but if any of you already saw it we can pick another movie. The new colors of the forum are alittle hard on the eyes, what do you guys think?
  17. MysterySith MEPA Founder/Advisor FF NYC, NY

star 5
    Its just up for that V Holiday, wont be around for Ever.

Crouching Tiger was GREAT!!!!
  18. Darth_Gohan Jedi Master

star 1
    just a little side note.. today is the coolset day of my life... i am now bobafett@thenewrepublic.net

ah yess ive tride every email place there is for bobafett... NICE!

19. Oola_Twilek Jedi Knight

star 1
    The fruity colors are hurting my eyes!
  20. Tempesta Jedi Padawan

I have something to lend you, Oola_Twilek, its something to quiz you on what you know about StarWars. I also want to get together too. I know someone that works down at Lowes, if we go there maybe he can get us a discount, but I have to talk to him First. I will see about the weekend of the 24-25.
    The bright colors do hurt your eyes looking at it for too long.

Thanks,

Tempesta
  21. greencat336 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Is this a meeting for anyone? I'd love to meet some SW fans that live near me. . . Which Lowes?
  22. Oola_Twilek Jedi Knight

star 1
    The waterfront, homestead.
  23. Rox Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    yes the meeting is for everyone. I'm going to bring my little brother Nick he's loves Star Wars as much as I do.
  24. Oola_Twilek Jedi Knight

star 1
    Ok guys heres whats up, We are going to meet On Feb, 25 at 3pm. We are going to to to the movies and maybe dinner at the waterfront in homestead. Do you guys want to go out to eat? I dont want anyone to have to worry about cost, so if you guys dont want to go out to eat lets us know. We will get you more details as soon as we know. And It will be posted on the main page as well. If any one has a problem with the date let us know, I want this to be fun and meet as many people as possible.
  25. greencat336 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I think that we should go to dinner, after the movie. Part of getting together is to get to know each other. You can't really do that sitting in a dark room watching a movie. We don't have to go somewhere expensive. . . Eat&Park or Dennys would do.

Also, since some people are hesitant to meet others through the web, how about encouraging those under 18 yrs to bring a parent along. This would provied transportation and peace of mind.

What movie is showing?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.