main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mary Let's Start a Fan Force for Baltimore

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Luke_Starkiller, Nov 27, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Luke_Starkiller

Luke_Starkiller Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 26, 2001
    Hey fellow metro-Baltimore Marylanders! It's time for us to stand up and be counted! DC and Philly both have FF's, and I know that we have more rabid fans here in Charm City! Start posting here and we can work out a meeting or two to get things rolling. From that point, we can make it official with the JC and TF.N! Come in and chat away!

2. Mogook

Mogook Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    I'm checking in.

3. Luke_Starkiller

Jun 26, 2001
    I know that Darth Sapient is interested, too. That makes th count three so far. Anyone know what the minimum number is for a FF?

4. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    Sorry, I was away from my desk here at work for about an hour. I am interested. I think all you have to do is contact an admin and let them know you are starting a FF. Actually, I believe Mystery Sith is the person to ask.

5. Luke_Starkiller

Jun 26, 2001
    I'll get the info and then report back here.

6. Luke_Starkiller

Jun 26, 2001
    Ok, here's the scoop. We have to have 3 announced meetings (announced here on the boards) with at least 3 members to become official. There are 3 of us, so we theoretically are able to get the ball rolling.

7. MysterySith

MysterySith MEPA Founder/Advisor FF NYC, NY star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 17, 2000
    When you have a meeting set, Private message Rox and he will post in on the Main Page.

8. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    Yes I will, when your ready to have a event posted please give me these details.

Name of your city
    When: date AND time
    Where: street address and please make the first three meetings in a public place. Don't give me the street address for home gatherings--just an email contact

Please give me the headline and sentence teaser you would like to appear on the events page. Write up the article. I'll make all email and web address links--don't worry about code.

One more thing good luck!

9. DarthSapient

Jun 26, 2001
    Will do, Rox. Right now, I'm in favor of drumming up more members who may be in our area. To those who are Marylanders, I would propose the White Marsh Mall area, possibly a restaurant in the Avenue. You know these Star Wars internet types 8-}. That way, we're right by the police station.

10. Luke_Starkiller

Jun 26, 2001
    Sapient,

The Avenue is a good choice. I was also thinking that Olive Garden would be a good potential location. Maybe eve Tuesday's in the mall. Any way we go, White Marsh is very centrally located and has a wealth of places to meet.

11. Eva_Pilot04

Eva_Pilot04 Jedi Knight star 7

Nov 15, 2001
    yeah, i'd prefer a place at the mall myself. It's the only place I know how to get to in the white marsh area, and I get lost real easy [face_blush]

12. DarthSapient

Jun 26, 2001
    Where are you coming from?

13. Eva_Pilot04

Nov 15, 2001
    glen burnie/pasadena area.

14. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    I'd be coming from about the same area.

15. DarthSapient

Jun 26, 2001
    Let me talk to my real boss (my wife) to find out when a good day would be where there's little on the schedule. I know that the Christmas season is busy for everyone. But I'm in if anyone else is.

16. Luke_Starkiller

Jun 26, 2001
    I'm in, though most likely after Christmas would be best. This weekend is totally out, and next Sunday is bad as well. I can do Sat, I think

17. Eva_Pilot04

Nov 15, 2001
    I have a month off after dec. 14, so pretty much anytime then would be good for me.

18. DarthSapient

Jun 26, 2001
    A month off after December? Not bad, not bad.

19. Luke_Starkiller

Jun 26, 2001
    A month after December? Sounds like a heck of a job to me!

20. Eva_Pilot04

Nov 15, 2001
    heh, i'm still in college, and thus a jobless bum. Hmmmm... I'm starting to get an uneasy feeling that i'll be the youngest one there. [face_plain]

21. DarthSapient

Jun 26, 2001
    As long as you follow my "No dressing up like a Jedi or Sith Rule" when entering the White Marsh Mall, you'll be fine. Where are you going to college? I went to the University of Maryland at College Park and lived on campus all four years. I can definitely relate. Right now, I'm going to graduate school at Loyola. I can sympathize because of your finals and the stress associated with that.

22. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    I'm at UMCP right now.

23. Isbeth

Isbeth Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2001
    I live 90 minutes from Baltimore and would be interested in coming. I go to the Inner Habour and the planetarium all the time on business. I have friends in the planetarium there, maybe I could ask them if we could meet there?

Anyway if you PM me, I might be able to come if I am not out of town.

24. Eva_Pilot04

Nov 15, 2001
    planetarium would be nice. I just hate to pay for the parking. I have to pinch every penny here. ;)

25. DarthSapient

Jun 26, 2001
    I remember all too well the penny-pinching days of College Park. How much money could you possibly have left after you drop a few hundred for books? So where do you live on campus? I lived the first two years in Ellicott Hall. My junior year was spent in Calvert Hall by the dining hall. I lived in Leonardtown my senior year. I miss it sometimes, but not that much.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.