main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Let's start a "Jedi Count"

Discussion in 'Literature' started by DARKAURUM, Jan 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dizfactor

dizfactor Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 12, 2002
    Bey Gandan isn't half-Corellian/half-Nagai Bey from the Marvel comics, is he? if so, when did he become a Jedi?

also, there's a definitive list in TUF, isn't there? they pretty much list all the survivors by name.

2. masterskywalker

masterskywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 2, 2001
    It said "including", it did NOT say "all".

In any case, our list already has their names.

And no, it's a different Bey.

3. Senator_Cilghal

Senator_Cilghal Jedi Master star 5

Jul 19, 2003
    "Bey went rogue/dark."

So did Gantoris.

4. Ana Vitorrian

Ana Vitorrian Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 2, 1999
    Who did you come up with for Yavin 4 Jedi [Students/Knights/Masters] from the JK: JEDI ACADEMY LucasArts game?

So far . . . I've seen:

Jaden Korr
    Rosh Penin

And also, I've seen references to "Horn" - who I understand from the Official Boards, VIP topic, is NOT "Corran Horn".

Just curious . . .

Ana V

5. Eyrezer

Eyrezer Jedi Master star 3

Aug 4, 2002
    TUF spoilers! How annoying, now I can't read this thread for months until I read the book. sigh. oh well you get used to it. ;)

6. 7-7-7

7-7-7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 15, 2002
    Who's Hivrech'wao'Cheklev?

Is he/she one of the randomly generated names, or is there a species and story attached? The name sounds Chiss, so I was just curious.

Also, where did Tresina Lobi come from? The first time I have heard of her (I assume its a her) was in Destiny's Way.

7. Xenomaniac

Xenomaniac Jedi Grand Master star 2

Oct 8, 2000
    did anyone notice that when Luke was mentioning what the different Jedi would be doing, he mentioned that Kirani Ti, Streen, and Damaya, had important stuff to do on Dathomir. Now, I've checked my resources, and Damaya was a member of the Singing Mountain Clan, from way back in Courtship of Princess Leia, but this is the first I have heard of her since. Does anyone else have anymore information? I'm pretty sure this is the first mention of her since COPL.

8. Senator_Cilghal

Jul 19, 2003
    I think some quote said that Dathomiri witches (plural) joined the academy, so maybe Damaya is one of the original 12?

9. Ana Vitorrian

Mar 2, 1999
    I'm glad you caught that "Damaya" reference, Xenomaniac! And you're right, Damaya is from Singing Mountain Clan (CoPL)!!!

Ana V

10. Xenomaniac

Xenomaniac Jedi Grand Master star 2

Oct 8, 2000
    so do you have any info. on Damaya Ana V? this is the first mention of her since COPL, correct? I know you have alot of info. on all the Force-users, potential Jedi, etc.

I find it interesting that Streen is going to Dathomir. I don't remember any sources that indicated he had any sort of interest in Dathomir.

What I thought was AWSOME was the inclusion of Tresk Im'nel in the final Jedi circle. A Jedi from an obscure WOTC article. That was kick @$$!

11. Genghis12

Genghis12 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 1999
    diz...
    "Bey Gandan isn't half-Corellian/half-Nagai Bey from the Marvel comics, is he? if so, when did he become a Jedi?"

No. The original seven-foot-plus tall white-haired Corellian-Nagai halfbreed isn't "Bey Gandan."

The last we saw of Bey, he was acting undercover in the upper echelons of the Tof leadership. It was Bey who shot Lumiya in the back and left her for dead at the end of the Nagai/Tof invasion.

We haven't really heard from him since, but being Han Solo's childhood friend and mentor, he'd most likely have been around helping the Solos through all their personal NJO crises.

12. JediHobbit

JediHobbit Jedi Master star 5

Mar 2, 2002
    31. [unidentified male Anx Jedi (AKA Bob)]
    32. Madurrin

Didn't it say somewhere in TUF that Madurrin is the Anx Jedi? because that's the first time I recall hearing of Madurrin and I think it labeled him as the Anx.

My preciousss...

13. dizfactor

dizfactor Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 12, 2002
    The last we saw of Bey, he was acting undercover in the upper echelons of the Tof leadership. It was Bey who shot Lumiya in the back and left her for dead at the end of the Nagai/Tof invasion.

We haven't really heard from him since, but being Han Solo's childhood friend and mentor, he'd most likely have been around helping the Solos through all their personal NJO crises.

as much as people wish they'd retrieve Lumiya from EU limbo (and i agree to a large extent), i would really like to see Bey. i always had a hard time getting copies of the Marvel SW comics when i was a kid, but i had a copy of #100, and Bey's story in that issue and his fight with Han are among my most vivid childhood memories of SW.

i have no idea how he fits into Han's background with the Han Solo trilogies, either. sigh.

maybe someday we will see him in the material that fills in the gap between Eps III and IV. Luke said he had heard of Bey as a kid...

Didn't it say somewhere in TUF that Madurrin is the Anx Jedi? because that's the first time I recall hearing of Madurrin and I think it labeled him as the Anx.

yes, Madurrin is Bob the Anx Jedi. i believe that's in DW...

14. Ana Vitorrian

Mar 2, 1999
    Hey Xenomaniac!

I'm aware of Streen's activities during the events of STAR BY STAR and I have an entirely different theory about Streen's activities prior to the NJO Era and also throughout the NJO Era - that I'm NOT sharing here. However, with the last book in the NJO, THE UNIFYING FORCE, the intent is that Kirana Ti, Damaya and Streen are doing their best to liberate the survivors of the various Witch Clans (Singing Mountain Clan, Misty Falls, Red Clay, etc.) on Dathomir from YV occupation.

Both JEDI ACADEMY TRILOGY and PLANET OF TWILIGHT have throw away references "to several Dathomir Witches that have studied at the Yavin 4 Praxeum," however - we've never had their number counted or their names revealed. "Damaya" is "most likely" considered one of those Dathomir Witches that studied at Yavin 4 - and subsequently became a member of the Luke's Jedi Order.

Bey Gandan is a red-headed human who fell to the Dark Side after infiltrating the Yuuzhan Vong. He was ultimately "broken" by the Yuuzhan Vong and used as an agent to damage the Bacta Supply at Thyferra (See EMISSARY OF THE VOID). Bey was one of three Jedi to infiltrate the Yuuzhan Vong together - along with Klin Fa-Gi (female) and Yabaley (sp?; male). Yabaley was killed. Klin Fa-Gi was initially believed killed - until found by Ulder in CSA space at Bonadan; Klin survives the events of the NJO and is mentioned in THE UNIFYING FORCE. Bey was killed before the events of STAR BY STAR.

Madurrin is the Anx Jedi illustrated in ESS CHRON - and Madurrin is female. As for those who believe the Anx Jedi in ESS CHRON is "male" - well . . . you might want to change that school of thought regardless of how you "see" that illustration. I consider Madurrin one of the first 30 Jedi Students to study at Yavin 4 and present during the events of DARKSABER.

I do NOT consider Damaya "one of the initial twelve" - but time will tell.

I also support the position that Tresina Lobi, a female Chev Jedi Master during the events of the NJO, is one of the initial 30 students to study at Yavin 4 during the New Republic Era.

I gotta go!

Best!

Ana V

15. Senator_Cilghal

Jul 19, 2003
    I was one of the first 30 students, you'd think I would have an easier time remembering who all was in my class...

16. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    Madurrin is a "her", not a "him", :).

However they confirmed that LFL considers the pic in EC to be Madurrin over at starwars.com, :).

17. Senator_Cilghal

Jul 19, 2003
    Did anyone else notice that Sannah is listed with the normal jedi, unlike Ben, Valin, and Jysella--not as one of the Jedi children

18. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    "- Potential Jedi-

Barney
    Flint
    Ken
    Dracos
    Rik Duel
    Danni
    Chihdo "

Ok for the quotes, so that the context can be derived from the original marvel text(I post this elsewhere as well);

Ackbar; "Therefore it is essential that we keep our own own forces in top order. Commander Skywalker how goes the training of your most recent group of recruits?."

So apparently Luke has previous groups of recruits, this is only his "most recent".

Luke; "Oh...Uh, fine Admiral. They'll do okay. I'm sure of it."

Dracos; "Commander Skywalker...I have a question. Most of us do..."

Luke; "Go ahead and ask it, Dracos."

Dracos; "Well, You've been training us to the exclusion of almost all of your other duties... In spite of your being a great war hero. And we've been learning great stuff... Meditation, Fighting Skills, General Conditioning, Markmanship... We really Appreciate it... But some of us are wondering... when are you gonna teach us the real stuff?

Only "some" of the recruits(which would mean "not all") are interested in luke's real stuff? What's the real stuff? Read on....

Dracos; When are we gonna be Jedi Knights, like you, with magic? When are gonna teach us to use the Force.

So only "some" of the recruits were wondering when he was going to actually teach them the force. Apparently the meditation was not Jedi meditation, as he was not teaching them the force, but perhaps closer to the kind we have on earth that anyone can do(not requiring any mystical powers). The kind used to clear one's senses, by releasing all thoughts from the mind...

Luke; "I'm not, Dracos. I can't. I know its what a lot of you were probably expecting--and hoping for--When the alliance leaders assigned me to be your instructor... Maybe It's even what Admiral Ackbar had in mind... But I can't Do it..."

So obviously there was some superstition in the alliance, some thinking that just anyone can learn the force. Which even including "a lot"(which of course points out "not all") of his recruits, and possibly Ackbar himself was thinking that anyone could be trained in the ways of the force. But that doesn't mean that all of them even had any connection to the force at all. They also saw it as being "magic".

Barney; "But if you can do it yourself, all those mental tricks, and controlling objects and energy. Why can't you show us how?"

So Luke never began teaching him the ways of the Force. It doesn't even appear that he had plans to do it... Just like his previous groups of recruits he apparently only intended on training like any other alliance trainer, to train them to be alliance navy or military personnel.

Luke; "Because there's a big difference between being able to do something, and being able to teach it, Barney... Because the potential for abuse--if any of you turned out to have talent and learned anything without learning everything,--is staggering. And I don't want to be reponsible for that."

Luke points out his worries for why he hasn't yet chosen to train any of his recruit groups in the ways of the force, because if any of his recruits had force talent, so they can have the ability to learn to use the force, which he apparently doesn't know if they have any or not (which points out that not all of them may have had any force sensitivity at all), he doesn't want to be responsible for creating any dark siders.

Rik Duel; "Hey, come on now, Junior. You talk like you're the only Jedi Knight around, but you must have learned this stuff somewhere. Or were you born knowing it?

Luke: No, I had a teacher. A very good, very wise teacher. But...He was old. and He's passed on.

From that it would appear that even Rik Duel wants to learn to use the force. But that doesn't necessarily mean that he has an affinity to use the force(he may be one of the superstitious ones that thinks its some kind of magic that any

19. Ana Vitorrian

Mar 2, 1999
    Tresina Lobi was never portrayed as "human." She has a throwaway reference "by name only" in JEDI ECLIPSE. Kathy Tyers finally identified her as "Chev" in BALANCE POINT. Walter Jon William's accidently described her appearance as a "Chevin" in DESTINY'S WAY. Jim Luceno more appropriately described her appearance as a "Chev" (consistent with WEG's "Chev" descriptions) in THE UNIFYING FORCE.

If you can catch Jim Luceno on his signing tour . . . he might share a bit of the details on "Tresina Lobi" as an example of the continuity struggles all those involved in the NJO had as a result of dealing with a multi-book, multi-author storyline.

Best,

Ana

P.S.

Thanks for all the Marvel STAR WARS details, Valiento! I've always been curious about Flint, as well as Barney, given the new details on Flint in ESS ALIENS, (under "Ferrerreos" (sp?)).

20. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    "Jim Luceno more appropriately described her appearance as a "Chev" (consistent with WEG's "Chev" descriptions) in THE UNIFYING FORCE."

Good, :). Now for the job of making the continuity fix for Destiny's Way.

I still stand behind the idea that she was using a Glamor force power, making her appear to look like a chevin, in order to walk in the mocassins of the people that had enslaved them for years. In order to gain insight, and understanding of their species, in order to treat them fairly. After living that time she went back to real physical looks.

21. Eyrezer

Aug 4, 2002
    Ana V, there was one other jedi mentioned in Jedi Academy and that was Raltharan. The name can't be identified with a race or gender but the name was called out in one of the movies, so there we go.

22. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    Jedi Academy the video game?

23. Eyrezer

Aug 4, 2002
    Yeah, I should have made that clear ;) it was in response to a question on the other page.

24. Ana Vitorrian

Mar 2, 1999
    Hey Valiento,

I probably made a mistake about "Tresina Lobi" being referenced in JEDI ECLIPSE. I'm starting to think that only "Kenth Hamner" and "Ulara Kore" (sp?) [and NOT "Tresina Lobi"] were Jedi names referenced in JEDI ECLIPSE - but I'd have to double check to be sure.

Also - you were right about "Tresina Lobi" once being described with "human features" - for some reason, I "restricted my thoughts" to the novels only and forgot the "artwork" in SW INSIDER # 57. That artwork in #57 portrayed Tresina Lobi with more "human facial features" as well as "long hair" - both of which are inconsistent with a Chev.

Best,

Ana V

P.S.

Thanks for the help, Eyrezer!!!

25. Senator_Cilghal

Jul 19, 2003
    How can Chev possible be near-humans if they have two hearts? That is a MAJOR anatomical differenceSame for Aquar--they have GILLS!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.