main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Let's start a "Jedi Count"

Discussion in 'Literature' started by DARKAURUM, Jan 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ana Vitorrian

Ana Vitorrian Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 2, 1999
    Valiento,

In your opinion, what alien species do you think "Dracos" is?

Once upon a time, either Ghengis12 or Jade's Fire suggested Dracos might be "Drackmarian" - a species introduced (to my knowledge) in THE COURTSHIP OF PRINCESS LEIA (but for all I know, its a species created by Brian Daley or another writer). I'm pretty sure they were going off the ESS CHRON illustration of a Drackmarian. I thought it was a good opinion/suggestion - and a good way to tie continuity across licensees.

(Aside, an INSTANT ADVENTURES supplement by WEG also had an illustration of what I would consider a "Drackmarian" - but now I'm getting off point here!!!)

Best,

Ana V

2. JediLoremaster

JediLoremaster Jedi Youngling

Feb 17, 2003
    What happened to the Wild Knightz. Did they die at Barab 1 or in some other place?

3. Thyrsan4Blood

Thyrsan4Blood Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 29, 2002
    What happened to the Wild Knightz. Did they die at Barab 1 or in some other place?

No, they are mentioned in passing in TUF (when the Jedi of ZS reunited with the other Jedi). And it was implied, although not ever confirmed that the Wild Knights were not completely Barabel, although (again) it was implied that they made up a significant portion of the group.

From the SBS account, it seems that the Wild Knights was made up of Jedi from across the galaxy (obviously not all Barabel then) that identified with Saba Sebatyne, the squadron's creator. Much like Kyp's Dozen.

I believe if you skim through earlier posts in this thread, you can find a small discussion of the Wild Knights.

4. Kast_Morben

Kast_Morben Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 18, 2001
    This needs to be completed since TUF. Back soon with some more information.

5. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
  6. Eyrezer

Eyrezer Jedi Master star 3

Aug 4, 2002
    Can now add some entries from the Droids and the Force article written by Abel Pena.

Jedi Master Aqinos, a Sunesi, and his group of Iron Knights, Shard/Droid Jedi joined Luke's Order when they were discovered approximately 2 years after its founding.

They fought against the Yuuzhan Vong. Master Aqinos died fighting them, and at least one Iron Knight went to the dark side after the destruction of Hosk.

I think Master Aqinos brings the total of Masters in Luke's Order to 12.

We also know that both Tash and Zak Arranda did become 'great Jedi'. It doesn't say they were Jedi before the Vong but it has got to be assumed as the article is written after the 'recent' Vong invasion.

7. Eyrezer

Aug 4, 2002
    This is what I see as the most up to date list of the NJO. The list is of the 100 Luke mentions are in his Order that he knows of in Vector Prime.
    "Luke shrugged, feeling more than a little helpless. A hundred Jedi Knights roamed the galaxy now - how could he keep them all under wraps?"
    VP and
    "The 100 or so Jedi he [Luke] has trained listen to his advice, to one degree or another."
    NJOSB

So here we go, sorted in order of rank:

Order of the Jedi Knights
    Masters

1. Kyp Durron, Human male (Alive)
    2. Kenth Hamner, Human male (Alive)
    3. Tresina Lobi, Chev female (Alive)
    4. Kam Solusar, Human male (Alive)
    5. Luke Skywalker, Human male (Alive)
    6. Mara Jade Skywalker, Human female (Alive)
    7. Aqinos, Sunesi male (KIA)
    8. Cilghal, Mon Calamari female (Alive)
    9. Eeylsa, Human female (KIA)
    10. Ikrit, Kushiban male (KIA)
    11. Streen, Human male (Alive)

Knights

12. Tash Arranda, Human female (Alive)
    13. Zak Arranda, Human male (Alive)
    14. Daye Azur-Jamin, Human male (MIA)
    15. Tam Azur-Jamin, Human male (Alive)
    16. Eryl Besa, Human female (KIA)
    17. Tenal Ka Chume Ta'Djo, Human female (Alive)
    18. Vima da-Boda, Human female (Alive?)
    19. Jovan Drark, Rodian male (KIA)
    20. Keyan Farlander, Human male (Alive)
    21. Swilja Fenn, Twi'lek female (KIA)
    22. Bey Gandan, Human male (KIA - fell to Dark side)
    23. Klin-Fa Gi, Human female (Alive)
    24. Corran Horn, Human male (Alive)
    25. Tresk Im'nel, Bothan male (Alive)
    26. Seyyerin Itoklo, Etti male (KIA)
    27. Kyle Katarn, Human male (Alive)
    28. Waxarn Kel, Human male (Alive)
    29. Dal Konur, Human male (Alive)
    30. Ulaha Kore, Bith female (KIA)
    31. Jaden Korr, ?? (Alive)
    32. Marke Medjev, Human male (Alive)
    33. Kelbis Nu, Rodian male (KIA)
    34. Leia Organa Solo, Human female (Alive)
    35. Rosh Pennin, Human male (Alive)
    36. Octa Ramis, Human female (Alive)
    37. Alema Rar, Twi'lek female (Alive)
    38. Numa Rar, Twi'lek female (KIA)
    39. Miko Reglia, Human male (KIA)
    40. Ganner Rhysode, Human male (KIA)
    41. Tyria Sarkin Tainer, Human female (Alive)
    42. Wurth Skidder, Human male (KIA)
    43. Anakin Solo, Human male (KIA)
    44. Jacen Solo, Human male (Alive)
    45. Jaina Solo, Human female (Alive)
    46. Tionne Solusar, near-Human female (Alive)
    47. Raynar Thul, Human male (MIA)
    48. Kirana Ti, Human female (Alive)
    49. Cheryl Trinji, Human female (Alive)
    50. Thrynni Vae, Human female (KIA)
    51. Tahiri Veila, Human female (Alive)
    52. Chitter, ? male (Alive)
    53. Daeshara'cor, Twi'lek female (KIA)
    54. Damaya, Human female (Alive)
    55. Dorsk 82, Khommite male (KIA)
    56. Gerrick, Human male (Alive)
    57. Harlan, Human(?) female (Alive)
    58. Hivrech'wao'cheklev, Devaronian male (Alive)
    59. Lowbacca, Wookiee male (Alive)
    60. Lusa, Chironian female (KIA)
    61. Lyric, Melodie female (KIA)
    62. Madurrin, Anx female (Alive)
    63. Raltharon, ?? (Alive)
    64. Telki, Chadra-Fan female (Alive)
    65. Yabaley, Human male (KIA)
    66. Zekk, Human male (Alive)
    Iron Kights
    Jensaarai
    Matukai
    Ragnos cultists/Reborn Jedi/Shadow Academy converts

Youngins

1. Jysella Horn, Human female (Alive)
    2. Valin Horn, Human male (Alive)
    3. Doran Tainer, Human male (Alive)
    4. Ben Skywalker, Human male (Alive)
    5. Sannah, Melodie female (Alive)
    6. 30 other trainees

Possible Students

1. Jorallen, Human male
    2. Kal-Don, Cerean male
    3. Ter-Idi, Cerean male

Wild Knights[

8. Jort

Jort Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 2, 2004
    Wasn't Dal Konur expelled? And you can't be sure Rosh Penin was alive in the NJO. The Jedi Academy also mentioned a certain Raltharan, who was an apprentice of Corran Horn.

9. DaJames

DaJames Jedi Master star 4

Oct 1, 2000
    Ah excellent, the olde Jedi Count thread :)

Hope this is earmarked for the upcoming move, would hate to lose it.

Looking good, can't think of any obvious exclusions. When you list possible sources of factions in the Jedi (i.e. Jensaarai, etc) are you going for groups fully assimilated into the Order or just possible sources of recruited Jedi. If the latter is the case then the Dathomiri witches should be there too, possibly Fallanassi ? The Jedi seem to have incorporated some of their handier tricks quite well.

I was thinking about this thread just the other day and remembered how when it began it was a list to observe the progress of the destruction of the NJO and inform us when they were running low on Jedi.

Kinda disappointed in the Vong's performance, clearly they didn't have what it takes to do a good purge ;)

10. GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN

GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN Jedi Master star 5

Jul 4, 2004
    I agree with the above post Rosh Pectin needs to be on that list. And was Kyle Katarn on that list?

11. Jort

Jort Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 2, 2004
    Kyle is in the knights section. Why didn't he get promoted yet? :_|

12. Dante_Glass

Dante_Glass Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2004
    Kyle gets mastered at the end of the TUF

13. Eyrezer

Aug 4, 2002
    Both Raltharon and Rosh Penin are already on the list. To make it clearer, the lists are in alphabetical order of ?surname?. Those with only one name are then listed under them in alphabetical order.

Yes there are some on the list that haven?t been explicitly stated in the NJO but to the best of our knowledge are still in Luke?s Order at that time. Examples of these are Rosh, Dal, Vima, Harlan etc.

As to the various groups, I included those for which a source has said some joined the Order. The Matukai reference is from Hero?s Guide. The Iron Knights are from the new Droids and the Force article. The Jensaarai considered joining and we know that Kelbis Nu did. Perhaps the Cult etc converts shouldn?t be there but some were captured, and we have Zekk as a precedent. You are probably right, the Dathomiri witches should be there. Another to add would be students from the School of Hidden Wisdom on Baltimn (PJSB). I didn?t include the Fallanassi as we know of none of them who did join, even if Luke widely taught one of their Force techniques.

As to Kyle?s Master status, I know that the CUSWE entries have a number of Jedi promoted to Master after TUF. I can?t find any evidence for this but will happily be proved wrong.

I asked Abel Pena for some estimates of Iron Knight numbers. He thought between 1 and 2 dozen. I?d be inclined towards the lower end of that figure though. Also that specifically ?Ilum? would probably be alive, so that puts a name to one of the Shard.

Also one change is about the Wild Knights. I think earlier there had been a discussion about whether they were all Force sensitive. I think at the time it was decided no, but the 'Making a Full Recovery' supplement on WotC says they were all Force sensitive so the list reflects that line.

14. DaJames

Oct 1, 2000
    "I didn?t include the Fallanassi as we know of none of them who did join, even if Luke widely taught one of their Force techniques."

Fair enough

"Also one change is about the Wild Knights. I think earlier there had been a discussion about whether they were all Force sensitive. I think at the time it was decided no, but the 'Making a Full Recovery' supplement on WotC says they were all Force sensitive so the list reflects that line."

That was definitely the impression i got reading the NJO. I see that the nowehere-near-complete-or-even-coherent sub section about surviving NJO era DarkSiders was dropped. I might have to <gasp> start a new thread on that ;)

15. FORCEBlLADE

FORCEBlLADE Jedi Grand Master star 3

Mar 2, 2003
    Kyle gets mastered at the end of the TUF

Where does it say that?

16. Xzylon

Xzylon Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 7, 2004
    When Luke and Mara discuss potential Councillors, Saba's name is questioned b/c she's just a knight; when Tionne's name is mentioned, no such objection is made. I took that as a sign she was a Master by that time.

17. Eyrezer

Aug 4, 2002
    hmmm, interesting! I probably won't update my list based on the implication, but nevertheless, very interesting. You could certainly say she has earned it, even if isn't that strong in the Force...

18. Jort

Jort Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 2, 2004
    Daye Azur-Jamin is no longer MIA, he fell to the dark side while he was in a region called the Cloak of the Sith and captured Kyle Katarn. We're also sure Jaden Korr survives the NJO.

19. Xzylon

Xzylon Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 7, 2004
    Jedi Masters aren't master of the Force, but themselves.

20. Mazzic

Mazzic Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2000
    *bump*

21. LijoT

LijoT Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 25, 2005
    Jedi Masters are masters of the force, though that mastery varies. Just because one is a master doesn't mean they compare to the likes of Luke Skywalker or Yoda. From the databank - "The next level of rank in the Jedi order is the Jedi Master, reserved for those who have shown exceptional devotion and skill in the Force."

22. DaJames

Oct 1, 2000
    Well, thanks to the Dark Forces articles, we now know that Havet Storm never made it to be a Jedi :(

This revelation obviously boosts Ken's likelihood of survival until NJO in a great many minds around here ;)

Also, for those still keeping track of the NJO-era DarkSiders, Jeng Droga was brought in by Kyle Katarn (presumably in pieces or executed shortly thereafter) and it appears very likely (but not confirmed) that Lord Cronal (AKA Blackhole) was the Dark Jedi killed by Irek Isamaren (who managed to shove a saber in Irek's head). I'm pretty sure that it was recently revealed that Jeng Droga took out Sarcev Quest (but i can't remember where)

To kick off the Dark Side's triumphant return to the NJO era Count thread (also for post-NJO application) :

The Dark Side

Lomi Plo
    Welk
    Lumiya
    Bey Gandan (deceased) [former Jedi]
    Lord Nyax (deceased)
    Roganda Ismaren (deceased)
    Daye Azur-Jamin
    unnamed female Vong [AKA "Vongerella"]

Potential Dark Siders

Tremayne
    Durrei
    Gwelib Ap-Llewyf
    Adalric Brandl
    Jaalib Brandl
    Arden Lyn
    Kadann the Prophet (plus minions)
    Danaan Kerr
    Jedgar
    Raynar Thul
    Tavion
    Asajj Ventress [face_devil]

I also dug up an old post from Ana Vitorrian regarding the Brandls, which i'll reproduce

I didn't realise that Fable Astin had joined the Dark Side for good, when did that happen Ana ?

In which case we would also have Fable Astin and unnamed-female-from Brandl-entourage (i'm afraid that whilst the 5th 'Brandl' member may be author intent, it hasn't been recognised by LFL and we're trying to keep the list as official as possible).

And yes Ana, that is one twisted family and i like it :)

23. Eyrezer

Aug 4, 2002
    Here are a couple more Darksiders for the list:

Gilflyn
    - from Coruscant and the Core Worlds page 74. He's a NR era darksider that hangs around Corellia, culling up and coming heroes.

Zyne Kinahay
    - also from CCW page 155. He is a Dark Force adept who had access to his father's Sith Holocron. Known to be alive up to the Corellian Trilogy.

Also it is suggested that Arden Lyn was killed by Yun in one of the Adventure hooks in the recent Dark Forces articles

24. DaJames

Oct 1, 2000
    The Adventure Seed says that Arden Lyn is present and in the thick of the action on Bunduki but it mentions how the adventurers may interact with her, not she interacts with Yun.

And i just can't see that little twerp taking down a veteran of the First Schism, even with stormie aid :)

25. Eyrezer

Aug 4, 2002
    Yeah, it looks like you caught me out there o_O I thought I remembered Abel posting that that was the likely conclusion but I cannot find the post. Whoops!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.