main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LETS TALK ABOUT THE WEATHER

Discussion in 'FanForce Conventions' started by darth_hair, Apr 15, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darth_hair

darth_hair Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2001
    ANYONE KNOW WHAT IT WILL BE LIKE ?
    WE ARE COMMING FROM DENVER . ANY HEADS UP WOULD BE COOL .

2. whojedi

whojedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 14, 2001
    You name it and we will probably have it. ;)

Seriously, it might rain, but with everything being indoors, blah, blah, blah...

For the most part, May is pretty mild, not to hot or to cool. But it could go either way, in Indiana there is just no way to tell.

My suggestion is to prepare for both extremes!

3. darth_hair

May 8, 2001
    THANK YOU FOR THE HELP ! I HAD NO IDEA , DENVER IS THE SAME WAY . LAST TIME IT RAINED AND RAINED . WE STILL HAD A BLAST !

4. aaron011

aaron011 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 31, 2002
    Right now it's in the 80's during the day. Down to around 64 or 65 tonight. Next week it will probably be snowing. That's Indiana. When it comes to weather, Indiana is a crapshoot. For real. BTW, we could have a record high tomorrow.

5. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    Sounds a lot loke Cleveland, except our football team doesn't suck.

6. darth_hair

May 8, 2001
    OUR RECORD HIGH FOR TODAY WAS 82 , IT WAS 81 .

WE ARE SUPPOSED TO GET SNOW BY THURSDAY .

7. aaron011

Mar 31, 2002
    Low blow, Donc. Colts are just cursed forever.

8. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    Sorry 'bout that. I just checked, we only won one more game than you guys. I was thinking of Buffalo. Once again, sorry.

9. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    Buffalo has the Cancer Man preventing them from winning any Superbowls, so you can't be too harsh on them either. [face_laugh]

There's always hope with the Colts...the Pacers are the ones truly cursed. At least Arena Football starts this week..woo-hoo! That's a fun time.

Oh, weather...non-issue...everything's inside, even the line...you'll only get wet heading to the Fan Force Party or walking to the bars....or standing in the shower. ;)

10. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    I totally agree, arena football rules! To bad it's only on espn2 at 2 in the morning. He posted at 2:01 in the morning.

11. Doright

Doright Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 10, 1999
    It's too early to forecast that. To be real any forecast out more than 4 or 5 days is a stretch. Cooler or warmer, dryer or wetter is the best you can say with any real accuracy. Current long rang models only go out to the 1st at this time. In a couple of days I can give you a better idea but like I said that far out it is little better than a guess.

12. TheWampas1138

TheWampas1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    Here's a question that's vaguely related. I've always lived in states that went along with daylight savings time, but I have heard that Indiana, or parts of it (along with Arizona, I think), don't switch their clocks. Is this true, and if so, then which time zone is Indiana following now (ie, Eastern, Central, etc)?

13. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    Almost all of Indiana doesn't follow daylight savings time. Parts near Cincinnati remain on Eastern, other parts near Chicago stay on Central. It's completely stupid. Anyhow, Indianapolis is always on -5 Hrs Greenwich Mean Time, so I don't have a clue as to which were on, since it doesn't matter...I believe it's Central though at the moment.

14. JMChladek

JMChladek Jedi Youngling star 1

May 6, 2001
    Well, currently Indiana is on central time, since they didn't shift foreward to Eastern Daylight time.

As for the weather, yes it will be a crapshoot, heck, just watch replays of the Indy 500s of years past to see how much the weather can change there day to day. Omaha, NE is about the same way. But, unlike you guys, we don't have an NFL team at all (College football is a different obsession). But, we do have an arena football team now. :)

15. aaron011

Mar 31, 2002
    The way I remember the time zone thing is like this: In the winter months we're on New York time. (eastern) In the summer months we're on Chicago time. (central) We change time zones instead of clocks. One good thing about the change in summer is that all the cable shows come on 1 hour earlier. Shows about things like TORNADOS!! I don't think anyone has mentioned that May 3,4,5 is right in the middle of tornado season. Twister!!!!!!!!!!!

16. Marianne_Solav

Marianne_Solav Jedi Master star 2

Nov 12, 2001
    Did I hear Twister? I love Twister! [face_devil]

Oh!... you mean tornadoes... [face_blush]
    Nevermind...

;)

17. aaron011

Mar 31, 2002
    The game Twister ??

18. Marianne_Solav

Marianne_Solav Jedi Master star 2

Nov 12, 2001
  19. Bruno_Fett

Bruno_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 31, 2002
    Right Foot Green!

20. Shara

Shara Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    Speaking of hair....mine is so frizzy right now. It can get kind of humid around here, mostly because we have a river and a "creek" the size of a small river in places that helps make it humid. And it's supposed to rain today with a high of 80. That of course is supposed to go down, the temp that is, towards the end of the week. A good forecast of average normal temp in May would be 60-80 degrees F

Of course, the humidity here is nothing compared to southern Indiana which sits on the Ohio river. Blech!

21. TDHArtist

TDHArtist LFL Webstrip Artis star 4 VIP

Dec 31, 2000
    so long as it doesnt rain like it did in Indy...Im ok with it...besides...I have a fan film to shoot at night after hours outside and rain would totally mess that up.

22. vongbait

vongbait Jedi Youngling

Mar 4, 2002
    Not to be to Miss Knowitall. I tryed www. and hear it is: www.weather.com/common/homes/localweather.html
    Just type in Indianapolis after you get there. It will prompt you as to weather you want the city or airport. For us I think either will work sense all we want is a general forcast. It apperars to go out 12 days. I say check it out before you pack. That way you'll have the most recent forcast.

And I don't know it all or I could make the link work here. Sorry.

23. FiorCara

FiorCara Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 9, 2001
    The Weather Channel's Website is a great place to check. :)

And btw, we hit 90 here in Atlanta yesterday.

~Caleigh

24. TheHuntressDiana

TheHuntressDiana Jedi Padawan star 4

May 4, 2001
    Well, right now the weather isn't too warm in Indy...

Cloudy 41°F
    Feels Like: 32°F

UV Index: 0 Minimal
    Wind: From the West Northwest at 17 mph gusting to 22 mph
    Dew Point: 36°F
    Humidity: 82 %
    Visibility: Unlimited
    Barometer: 30.03 inches and rising

The good news though...it looks like it's going to be warming up. :)

10 Day Forecast

Indianapolis, IN
    Last Updated Monday, April 22, 2002, at 9:40 AM Eastern Standard Time

Printable forecast Averages and Records Hi (°F)/ Lo (°F)

Today
    Apr 22 Cloudy 50°F/36°F
    UV Index: 5 Moderate

Tue
    Apr 23 Mostly Sunny 61°F/48°F
    UV Index: 7 High

Wed
    Apr 24 Scattered T-Storms 66°F/43°F
    UV Index: 8 High

Thu
    Apr 25 Partly Cloudy 60°F/41°F

Fri
    Apr 26 Scattered Showers 63°F/41°F

Sat
    Apr 27 T-Storms 58°F/47°F
    UV Index: 5 Moderate

Sun
    Apr 28 Partly Cloudy 60°F/41°F

Mon
    Apr 29 Partly Cloudy 65°F/41°F

Tue
    Apr 30 T-Storms 72°F/52°F
    UV Index: 6 Moderate

Wed
    May 1 Showers 70°F/49°F

25. Doright

Doright Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 10, 1999
    Ok we are getting close to a time we can start to make more than just shots in the dark on this one.. Maybe this is more of a shot in low light. :eek:

Anyway

Friday the 3rd: looks like it will have a chance for isolated showers or storms. Temps are a bit more of a wild shot at this far out but it looks like lower to middle 70's would be the best guess at this time for afternoon highs.

Saturday the 4th: Maybe a few lingering showers in the morning. A little cooler, upper 60's to lower 70's.

Sunday the 5th: Dry and warmer.. upper 70's maybe pushing 80.

Still a long way off for a real good forecast but that is what I got so far. Updates to follow.

:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.