main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LETS TALK ABOUT THE WEATHER

Discussion in 'FanForce Conventions' started by darth_hair, Apr 15, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doright

Doright Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 10, 1999
    ok things are changing.. that is why I don't like long range stuff.

Thursday the 2nd. Showers, Thunder possible, high: 70.

Friday the 3rd, partly to mostly cloudy, some lingering showers possible, high: 73.

Saturday the 4th, partly cloudy, high: 71.

Sunday the 5th, Partly cloudy, high: 75.

Edit: I had to change Saturday's forecast.

2. ObiWanJane

ObiWanJane Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 19, 1999
    I'm not sure how anyone can know the weather this far in advance, but here's a sketchy outline on Wed & Thurs from an Indy TV station (for you early arrivals):

Wednesday: mostly cloudy with a chance of showers. Lows in the lower 50s and highs in the mid 60s.

Thursday: partly cloudy with a chance of showers. Lows near 50 and highs in the mid 60s.

3. Doright

Jun 10, 1999
    Thursday night/Friday morning showers or thunder is still looking possible. The remainder of Friday looks dry.

Saturday looks like the tricky day. Could be some showers in the evening if a cold front drops far enough south.

Sunday depends on that cold front. If it stays north Indy will be nice, dry and warmer. If it goes south Indy will be cooler with some Morning showers.

ObiWanJane, Long range forecasting isn't very good. It has to be updated regularly because slight changes in current conditions can greatly effect the out come of a long range forecast. We have computer models that run out almost 3 weeks in advance. They are so/so. They are good at picking out what will happen but nailing down the exact timing of things isn't very good. A cold front forming could be off by a few days by the time the event actually happens. It's good to look at them regularly. You can pick up trends. If the Computers spit out the same answer every day for a week the chances of it being right are better. Like Thursday night. All week the model has been saying showers or thunder Thursday. This makes me believe there will be a good chance of that happening. Saturday on the other hand keeps getting different answers. This makes me believe Saturday will be a tough one to nail down and I have little confidence in the current predictions the Computers are coming up with.

:D

4. Doright

Jun 10, 1999
    OK here is a better look at the weather for the weekend.

Wednesday night into Thursday morning showers and thunderstorms will be possible. Decreasing clouds are expected for the remainder of Thursday with a few lingering showers through noon. Afternoon highs will be around 62 degrees.

Friday will be dry with an afternoon high from 65 to 70 degrees.

Saturday Should remain dry but more clouds are expected. Afternoon highs are expected between 68 and 72.

Sunday, Evening showers and Thunderstorms possible, better chance after midnight into Monday morning. (I hope that forecast busts because I will be core punching thunderstorms on my way home if it's right. :( ) Afternoon highs will be from 70 to 75 degrees.

5. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    Thanks for all the info, it will come in handy and at the same time, can't realy change the costume. :) At least I will know if I'm going to be carrying my cloak all day or not.

6. Doright

Jun 10, 1999

:D Your Welcome

Well the only real change I have to my above forecast is it looks like most of the showers and storms Wednesday will be over before Sunrise on Thursday. So Thursday will be a nice but cool day. Maybe a bit windy.

Friday and Saturday Look great. Well if you don't mind highs in the lower 70's, but hey we will most likely see sunshine, at least partly.

Sunday looks stormy. Isolated storms will be possible over IN/OH. Strong storms look possible over IA/Southern MN/Southern WI/Northern IL. Along my drive home thank you very much. That drive is going to suck if that comes true. :( I hope your not scared by Thunder Bria.

Well forecasting Thunder that far out isn't the best anyway. At least not narrowing it down like that. I am not betting the Farm on Sunday's forecast yet. There should be thunder across the central US but exactly where it will be could change.
    Well I am on vacation now. :) Tonight is my last night at work and I will not have access to models or data any more until after Celebration. :D See you all there.

7. JediMaster22

JediMaster22 Jedi Knight star 8

Oct 15, 1999
    Today
    May 2 Cloudy 56°F 38°F
    UV Index: 6 Moderate

Fri
    May 3 Mostly Sunny 63°F 43°F
    UV Index: 8 High

Sat
    May 4 Partly Cloudy 64°F 45°F
    UV Index: 7 High