main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Let's talk about trailer #2...!

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by darth_mccartney, Feb 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthEkkiEkkiPatang

DarthEkkiEkkiPatang Jedi Youngling

Mar 30, 2015
    In my opinion, that teaser was the best thing to come out of the prequels and the most exciting 2 minutes I've ever experienced in a cinema. The audience reaction still gives me chills:

2. Wildcatbarry

Wildcatbarry Jedi Master star 4

Jan 23, 2015
    Amen brother DMc

3. DarthLightlyBruise

DarthLightlyBruise Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 11, 2015
    Couldn't agree more. Watching the TPM trailer might have been my favorite cinematic experience ever! The film crushed me, but I am so glad I got to experience the thrill of anticipating new Star Wars films like that. And boy, did the anticipation build as that trailer slowly downloaded on my computer...Think it took seven hours.

4. dr strangelove

dr strangelove Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 28, 2014

Uhh....you are aware that SKYFALL broke the box office record in the UK, right? Plus, it's ranked 9th in all-time worldwide box office, and was even nominated for a few Oscars (if I remember correctly). And after the way the prequels turned out, I'm sure there are A LOT of casual movie-goers who are pretty lukewarm about Star Wars (although, I'm sure the trailer and marketing will change that).

Either way, both films are going to be mega-huge hits. SPECTRE and TFA will be released over a month apart, so I doubt one will affect the other too much at the box office. Rest assured, though, that Star Wars, SPECTRE and Avengers 2 will probably be the three biggest films of the year.

5. DarthBane93

DarthBane93 Force Ghost star 4

Jun 11, 1999
    TPM trailers were amazing. Best trailers ever IMO. While the film left me a bit lukewarm at first, Ive grown to like it better than AOTC and ROTS. ROTS was just disappointing because I found Anakin's turn unconvincing. AOTC was horrendous. But thats just me.

6. DarthLightlyBruise

DarthLightlyBruise Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 11, 2015
    Not just you. I think TPM's the best of the PT, even though I dislike it. It at least looked great.

7. Howard Hand

Howard Hand Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2015
    TPM is my favorite too. I almost kind-of like it.

8. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    let go of your hate..

9. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
  10. Han Drolo

Han Drolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 9, 2014
    Collider is legit. Been reading their stuff for awhile now.

11. Rookhelm

Rookhelm Jedi Master star 4

Sep 22, 2014
    If true, should only be a couple weeks :)

12. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    It also put some of my fears to rest as well about them possibly withholding it for a few weeks after it premieres at Celebration in order to give attendees an exclusive. I didn't realize Avengers started to roll out on April 22 (not really into the whole Marvel thing), so at the very least, everyone will get to see it within the same week. That makes me very happy!

13. Han Drolo

Aug 9, 2014
    What you mean!!!! Marvel is life!!!!!!!

*slowly backs away*

14. Othini

Othini Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 6, 2012
    Great! Thanks for sharing. I live in Germany, "Age of Ultron" premieres here on the 22nd of april. Right after Celebration. Official premiere in US is on april 13th, but full roll out countrywide is not before May 1st. Times are a changing. Remember we had to wait 3 months for TPM, after the US release in 99. I ...could not wait for that of course ;)

arjank likes this.
  15. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    I wonder what people will say/think if we see Luke in the teaser.[face_devil]:p

nightangel likes this.
  16. Flapjack4

Flapjack4 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 6, 2014
    Probably
    "I love his beeeard" or
    "I hate his beeeard"

17. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    I don't know...the films just never seem to hold my attention. The first Avengers was decent, but the only one I thoroughly enjoyed was GotG. Maybe it was because my expectations were so low, but I was pleasantly surprised with how fun it was.

Othini
    Thanks for that timeline! As you can see, I'm really out of the loop with the new Avengers, so the information in that article was all new to me. The only one I was aware of was the May release in the US (for obvious reasons :p ). This certainly bodes well for everyone seeing the trailer generally around the same timeframe. Only a few short weeks!

Hitchhiking-Ghost and Han Drolo like this.
  18. CGI-BOBAFENT

CGI-BOBAFENT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    Dude that TPM trailer. Still the greatest teaser of all time in my opinion and brings back a lot of good memories.

It's amazing that a 16 year old trailer can make me even more stupidly excited for another movie but it just reminds me of that feeling of knowing we're getting a new Star Wars!

19. Han Drolo

Aug 9, 2014
    TFA's was no slouch, this forum went nuts from what I remember.

CGI-BOBAFENT likes this.
  20. CGI-BOBAFENT

CGI-BOBAFENT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    I stayed away when it hit, I was scared to look at the forums!

Han Drolo likes this.
  21. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    You had nothing to worry about. They crashed and were nonexistent.

22. Darth_Hydra

Darth_Hydra Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 14, 2001
    I have a bad feeling history's going to repeat itself whenever the second trailer does hit.

23. Nando

Nando Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 12, 2014
  24. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    Ah, yes, Starwars7news, the same site that brought us such great stuff like "Max Von Sydow jumps down and eats Han's neck" and "Rey grows so large that the planet crumbles under her feet".

Not saying that there won't be a trailer at the time they specified. It's just that the site has a very small-to-non-existent filter when it comes to their sources.

Revanfan1 and Darth_Bertie like this.
  25. arjank

arjank Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 17, 2015

Here in The Netherlands we had the same problem.....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.