main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Let's talk about trailer #2...!

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by darth_mccartney, Feb 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. arjank

arjank Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 17, 2015

If he will be shown in the next trailer we will see his complete screentime for the movie, remember that(according to rumors) he only has a small cameo of a few seconds in Episode VII so I doubt we will see Luke in the trailer :D

2. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    Will be so interesting to see if Luke is in the trailer, and if he is, what he looks like or what kind of scene he's in. Basically, will it add weight to the MSW info, or will it blow the speculation wide open again?

3. m4st4

m4st4 Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 24, 2014
    [​IMG]

If they put Luke in the trailer it'll either solidify or blow MSW reports. My guess is he won't be in the trailer, it's not even a theatrical one. Other aspects will shed further light on the reports though.

Revanfan1, DARTH_BELO, Vastor and 4 others like this.
  4. Lurknomore

Lurknomore Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 18, 2014

JJ hates spoiling surprises in trailers, so I doubt we'll see Luke even if he plays a significant role in the third act. It would be like showing Spoke Prime in the ST09 trailer.

5. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    To be fair, the information is not coming from SW7N's sources. The original article is from Collider.com and they are simply linking to that.

I'm not familiar with how reliable Collider is, but according to people here, they're fairly good with their information. Plus, it's not earth-shattering news to begin with. People have been predicting this very scenario for a long time.

Hitchhiking-Ghost likes this.
  6. Karl0413

Karl0413 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 11, 2015
  7. ManaByte

ManaByte Chosen One star 5

Aug 20, 1998
    Dak Oolron likes this.
  8. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    I know, I know. It was more tongue and cheek snarkiness from me. We assume there will be a trailer soon. It's more the Cantina that has the weird stuff.

HanSolo29 likes this.
  9. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Not going to argue with that! :p

Hitchhiking-Ghost likes this.
  10. smudger9

smudger9 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2007
  11. Acroyear

Acroyear Jedi Master star 3

Mar 24, 2001
    I wouldn't be surprised if Disney waits to the last moment possible before releasing it online. Watch, it'll be online after the Celebration, but before the theatrical version.

12. DarthBane93

DarthBane93 Force Ghost star 4

Jun 11, 1999
    Is it just me or does anyone agree that Disney should wait to show the entire trailer on Avengers and then release it online May 4th?

Not complaining to get it sooner - its great if thats the case. I just find it strange marketing - wouldnt Disney want to capitalize on the hype for Avengers even more if the trailer is first showing with that movie? If it goes online before, does it not risk have slightly few ticket sales? They can show a teaser to the trailer (is a fad these days) at Celebration and/or some behind the scenes stuff.

13. dr strangelove

dr strangelove Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 28, 2014
    If it's shown at Celebration, then Lucasfilm will release it online at the same time, just as they did with the announcement trailer in November. As that Independent article says, Disney knows fans will just put low-quality iPhone videos up on the internet.

14. Nando

Nando Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 12, 2014
    Who Avengers compared to Star Wars. The trailer has to leave in our party in celebration. Star wars is bigger than Marvel. We are independent.

15. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    I actually think it will play out like this. Either that or there will be an "extended" version released around May 4th with additional footage from the one shown at Celebration.

Jedirush2112 and DarthBane93 like this.
  16. DarthBane93

Jun 11, 1999
    Tell that to Iger and Disney. Im happy if they release the trailer during Celebration so long as they then release it online the same day or day after. Im just saying if I was Iger, I'd wait until Avengers to create a massive buzz and drive ticket sales up even further. I mean, why not do that from a business perspective?

Wildcatbarry likes this.
  17. DarthBane93

Jun 11, 1999
    Unless Lucasfilm has already announced the trailer premiere date - I think they will announce it during Celebration confirming it will be attached with Avengers and then released online the next day, May 4th, or whenever. I think they will show a teaser to the trailer or some other stuff during Celebration.

18. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    That is the most cynical traffic-grab I have ever seen. Literally, it has been common knowledge for months. Months. Disgusting.

19. my kind of scum

my kind of scum Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2002
    I would stake a lot of money on the trailer being shown at Celebration. I just don't see any way that Disney would skip showing it at celebration just to have it premiere two weeks later on Avengers.

So, what's this about a rumor that a small teaser of the trailer will be shown online on the 14th?

20. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Studios seem to do that nowadays. A "teaser" of the trailer. I think its ridiculous personally, and I very rarely watch them.

21. my kind of scum

my kind of scum Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2002
    I don't think I'd be able to avoid even a second of new Star Wars live action footage, honestly.

Jedirush2112, B99 and Dak Oolron like this.
  22. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    Can't wait.

That is all.

23. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
  24. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014

now we only need Luke in the trailer. [face_love][face_party]

B99, Dak Oolron and starocean90 like this.
  25. Vastor

Vastor Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    Holly Doge !! so we get the 2 trailer in like 16 days and i can also watch it the 22 here in Norway with Avenger

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.