main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Let's talk about trailer #3...!

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by darth_mccartney, Apr 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vib3s

Vib3s Jedi Master star 2

Nov 28, 2014
    All this discussion for a little extra weeks of wait? Look, i can understand impatience in some form, but we all know at the very least when this movie is released, atleast it'll be before that, just 3 months. The time onwards from when i first registered here has already flown by way too fast.

As for lack of exposure to the general audience, really? Star Wars doesn't need any introduction these days. If you are in some way unaware of this movie, you honestly have been living under a rock. If the trailer releases, you will be informed, you'll see it everywhere, even where you don't want/expect to see it.

It's larger than a movie, it's a cultural phenomenon, it has been for some time.

2. yassir.khan

yassir.khan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2014
    Rather than wade in and repeat the same stuff ad nauseum, I'll ask you this:

Doesn't the fact that a lot of you are clamouring for a trailer kind of prove that LFL/Disney's plan is working? To build up an insatiable appetite?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    No, that's not really what you are talking about. You talk about a trailer not being around right now, again and again, ignoring the very facts I just stated about how the whole marketing is set up.
    Complaing about no trailer being out right now makes no sense, as it would directly contradict any marketing-strategy that is used. You might have wanted to see another trailer earlier on, but again, that has absolutely nothing to do with the current situation. You are complaining about a lack of trailer in August or September, when it is blindingly obvious why that is the case. Once there wasn't a trailer in early summer, and with the knowledge of the final trailer almost always coming out two months prior to release, you should have realised that there would be no trailer in August or September. And that is what makes this whining to confusing, there just isn't any reason or logic behind it. There is a huge difference between "oh my god, oh my god, why is there no trailer right now??? everybody panic!!!1one!!1!" and "I would have loved to have two full trailers, but I guess they opted for a different approach".

And who exactly said that there needed to be more trailers than the three TFA will have anyway?
    The first teaser came out earlier than usual, thus stretching things out a bit. There is little difference between having two teasers and one full trailer and having one teaser plus two full trailers. Just like there is absolutely nothing wrong with their approach. They already created interest through two wildly successful teasers, plus the odd event here and there. Now all they need is the final marketing-approach, starting at the point it always starts at. Seeing how you can barely contain yourself over a "lack of trailer", their approach seems to work just fine. Create interest through a lack of news. The average moviegoer isn't affected by anything like this, they either have seen the teasers or they will get hit by the huge marketing-campaign that will hit at the proper time. With proper time meaning 'shortly enough prior to release so that it stays in the people's mind', not: 'quite a few months earlier with a whole lot of other big movies opening in between'.

4. DarthAlani

DarthAlani Jedi Youngling

Sep 14, 2015
    Couple of more weeks!

5. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    OOOOOOOhhh!!! A reasonable conclusion, based on the evidence at hand! Take that, internet!

6. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    glad that I don't really care for Trailer #3 give me some official info and story details and that's good enough for me (but that stuff most likely won't come out until it's at least near the Trailer release and post trailer) the movie is so close to release would rather see the least footage possible.I'm also glad we only got 3 Trailers with the first one barely showing anything, the more trailers the more footage shown which would kinda be a bit too much too many movies seem to show too much in trailers.

7. DarthTedTheodoreLogan

DarthTedTheodoreLogan Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 10, 2015
    I'm still convinced it's coming with Bridge of Spies. If not, there's Rebels to hold us over.

8. Edgar Allen Poe Dameron

Edgar Allen Poe Dameron Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 7, 2015
    How DARE YOU use logic in this thread!!!

9. Fjall

Fjall Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2014
    i think the 16th is the day guys!

10. Nando brasil

Nando brasil Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 27, 2014
    Trailer 3 de Star trek 2013: 2:30.

The focus of the trailer is the protagonist and villain.

11. Fjall

Fjall Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2014
    ^ get that out of here.... no one wants to see that garbage.

12. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Well I was going to see the Force Awakens but the trailer came out the 16th instead of the 15th so **** it! :p

13. Wildcatbarry

Wildcatbarry Jedi Master star 4

Jan 23, 2015
    No matter what happens with the 3Rd trailer, I will be in theater seat on 12/18.

TheBBP and B99 like this.
  14. Howard Hand

Howard Hand Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2015
    Yeah, because that's when the trailer's being released

15. kayjaysay

kayjaysay Jedi Youngling

Jun 30, 2015

It's not as if we weren't going to see the movie anyway. This is a minuscule forum with a few thousand extreme fans. What matters is the radio silence's effect on the general populace. I gather you didn't read my earlier post.

16. yassir.khan

yassir.khan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2014
    I did. My point is what does it matter? You all are gagging for it (I am too but not feeling that we are entitled to it) so it's working with the fans. As for the general populace I will be astounded if most cinema goers will not be aware of TFA come December, which is when it really matters.

If you ask the non fans of any franchise I bet you most don't even know when the new Hunger Games is coming out. But they will in the next few weeks.

But again, even if they won't be aware, what does it matter? Like you say yourself, you're going to see it anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. AdamSkywalker

AdamSkywalker Jedi Master star 2

Nov 2, 2014
    It's official. Trailer 3 will be played during the previews before The Force Awakens on December 18th.

18. DarthAlani

DarthAlani Jedi Youngling

Sep 14, 2015
    This is trailer gate!

19. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    Just think on the brightside, if we don't get the trailer this month, then we can descend on Lucasfilm to take it ourselves. I kinda imagine it would look like this

[face_skull]

20. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I actually had that happen recently. The trailer for Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation was played before Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation at the theater I went to. I don't know why.

21. JabbatheHumanBeing

JabbatheHumanBeing Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 14, 2015
    Hey trailer 3 thread!

JJ Abrams sends his regards:

[​IMG]

22. TheForceMakesCoffee

TheForceMakesCoffee Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 25, 2015
    Can we just get this thing locked? All the endless complaining and bickering over having to wait a few weeks (!!) for a bloody trailer is gotten absolutley ridicolous. This thread has gotten 10 pages in the last 24 hrs! For someone who comes around here once a day to see if there is any news, and sees 10 new pages in the trailer thread, it would lead one to believe there was some news or something.

Nope, just the usual whining on about not getting a trailer in the timeframe they find acceptable.

Grow up people. It's a compilation of random shots from a movie we are seeing in less then 3 months. It will be released somewhere in the next 2-4 weeks. No amount of whinging about will change that.

hippie1kenobi likes this.
  23. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    I say we lock it till we get some substancial news about the trailer (a trusted source posts a description, Lucasfilm announces when it will be posted, or the trailer itself is posted).

24. hippie1kenobi

hippie1kenobi Force Ghost star 4

Apr 28, 2002
    I don't know about locking it, but I am walking away from this one for now. No point in further degrading the signal-to-noise ratio. When something is announced or released, it will be hard to not know about it.

I apologize for letting myself get dragged into all the pot stirring.

25. Jedi Dragon D

Jedi Dragon D Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2013
    Comon, Twitter, and news please come out with some info, so this thread don't get locked!

Is the trailer getting shipped tomorrow? Is the trailer coming out next week online?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.