main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Let's talk about trailer #3...!

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by darth_mccartney, Apr 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthLightlyBruise

DarthLightlyBruise Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 11, 2015
    It's mean-spirited, and you know it. You have absolutely no idea about Carrie Fischer's personal life, no idea about how her personal life might effect her performance in TFA, and really have no business discussing it. In fact, the only rumors we have of Carrie's performace is one from MSW indicating that she delivered a very powerful performance during a pivotal scene. So, the evidence thus far (flimsy though it is) contradicts your baseless concerns.

This is a Star Wars fan site, not a gossip rag. Leave the personal lives of the actors out of it, unless there is incontrovertible evidence that their personal lives have led to serious problems on the TFA set. Until that time, it's meanness, plain and simple.

2. Luke'sSeveredHand

Luke'sSeveredHand Jedi Master star 4

Jul 21, 2014
    Can i just say one thing...it's Fisher. [:D]

Oh yea...and she's awesome and I can't wait to see her reprise the role of Leia.

3. Granek

Granek Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2012
    I want to see a quick saber exchange. Kylo and someone else OR possibly two with red sabers

Luke smirk and say ' I don't think so'
    Leia ..possibly 'Rose

4. Son_of_Rancor

Son_of_Rancor Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 8, 2015
    Oh, I'm sorry! I didn't realise we could only discuss the fiction of StarWars on these forums, and that performances, actors and crew were out of bounds!
    Since you're in charge of what can be talked about round here, there's a Peter Mayhew discussion going on somewhere I think you should take a look at! (There's people claiming he needed a body double!)
    Taking your advice, I've just been over to a StarTrek movie discussion forum, in which they're discussing if William Shatner should ever return as Kirk. I told them that they have no business in doing so.
    I eagerly await their response!

5. darthmomm

darthmomm Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 16, 2001
    And out come the morons

6. Luke'sSeveredHand

Luke'sSeveredHand Jedi Master star 4

Jul 21, 2014
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. DarthLightlyBruise

Feb 11, 2015
    I clearly identified the "personal lives" of actors as a subject that should be out of bounds, unless directly relevant to the film-making process. Especially when that information is full of baseless speculation and innuendo.

However, I don't believe it's against the TOS. So you can do whatever you like. I was simply appealing to your better nature. Alas, it seems you may not possess that.

8. Son_of_Rancor

Son_of_Rancor Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 8, 2015

It's true. I'm an horrendous human being. I once made a joke about Jek Porkins weight. I'll never forgive myself! :_|

Awsome! Dude, that is truly one of the most concise, well put together retorts I've come across in at least 3 days! Absolutely oozing with wit, and delivered with real panache! You sir, are a marvel!
    Well done you. Well done. =D=

Granek likes this.
  9. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
  10. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Allow me to elaborate. Posts making fun of the age and/or appearance of the actors are not allowed. Also not allowed are posts that are essentially baiting other users.

11. DaddlerTheDalek

DaddlerTheDalek Jedi Master star 4

Aug 31, 2014
  12. The moose

The moose Jedi Padawan

Feb 24, 2015
    Sorry, I explained myself poorly. I didn't mean that personality like that wouldn't work on an middle aged woman, but rather how has Leia's personality developed since she was a young woman? She and Han Solo plus the people around her have now known each other for decades, so I assume the dynamic they have with each other is a bit different than when they were young. I wouldn't want to see the old crew to be back exactly the same like they were before, but wiser and older but still with a little spark, you know? But honestly, like I said I'm not worried, I'm sure Carrie Fisher will be great and it will be really interesting to learn what Leia has gone trough all these years.

iluvkoalas and DaddlerTheDalek like this.
  13. Jedi with a TARDIS

Jedi with a TARDIS Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 4, 2013
    Now that I think about it: we've seen Han, Chewie, and (possibly?) Luke, but no Leia. I'm adding to my list - we need some Leia!

iluvkoalas likes this.
  14. DarthLightlyBruise

Feb 11, 2015
    Actually, we've seen two of Leia's hands, and a bit of her sleeve and torso (on the left). :)

[​IMG]

15. Granek

Granek Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2012
    semantics

iluvkoalas likes this.
  16. TheForceMakesCoffee

TheForceMakesCoffee Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 25, 2015
    If those are Leia's hands, she's been using some good hand cream! Mine look older and I'm in my 20's [face_laugh]

iluvkoalas and darthmomm like this.
  17. SgtTimBob

SgtTimBob Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 5, 2014
    Probably unintentional but this reminded me that the first thing we see of Leia in ANH is her hand.

[​IMG]

18. Jedi with a TARDIS

Jedi with a TARDIS Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 4, 2013
    Yeah, I'm not buying that's Leia. Looks more like Rey to me.

19. DarthLightlyBruise

Feb 11, 2015
    I'll let Carrie show you how well her hands have aged. :)

[​IMG]

iluvkoalas and Seeher like this.
  20. TheForceMakesCoffee

TheForceMakesCoffee Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 25, 2015
    On the topic of trailer 3, assuming it's a full trailer, it will probably be the last one I watch until the movie comes out. I've had enough plot spoilers, I want the movie to be atleast visually fresh.

21. DarthLightlyBruise

Feb 11, 2015
    It's Leia. 99% sure of that. Upon closer inspection, the hands are those of an older woman, they look very similar to Fisher's hand, they look nothing like Rey's hands, the outfit the person in question is wearing fits rumored descriptions of Leia's outfit, and the scene is consistent with reliable rumors of just such a scene between Leia, Rose and the blue lightsaber. And the most solid evidence? Luke says "my sister has it" over that shot. Given that a shot of Vader's helmet coincided with the line "my father has it," and given that a shot of Luke coincided with the line "I have it," it is very reasonable to suspect that this shot is consistent with the line "my sister has it."

In other words, all signs point to that being Leia. You don't have to buy it, but there you go.

iluvkoalas and DaddlerTheDalek like this.
  22. HellasLEAF-Jedi

HellasLEAF-Jedi Jedi Master star 2

Apr 25, 2009
    Bring back the buns

iluvkoalas likes this.
  23. DarthLightlyBruise

Feb 11, 2015
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This juxtaposition is the final bit of evidence to push this close to 100% certainty. These hands are very, very similar. Just look at the thumb and thumbnail, which are identical. That's an older Leia.

iluvkoalas and darthmomm like this.
  24. Ben R

Ben R Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 26, 2000
    A shot of John Boyega NOT sweating and/or breathing heavily.

chagrian_scavenger and Krueger like this.
  25. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    as long as it has Luke & Leia I'll be happy & more dialog......

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.