main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Let's talk about trailer #3...!

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by darth_mccartney, Apr 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    The most frustrating thing about a lack of trailer and a lack of the prospect of a trailer is all of the events that will have come and gone that are perfect, logical, classic opportunities. They utilized Celebration to give us a treasure trove of goodies. We'd probably be satisfied had we not seen SDCC, D23, and now Force Friday come and go without anything much for TFA promotion. Actually, the lack of anything official regarding TFA (any ideas about plot, new planets other than the desert, etc) adds to that frustration. Celebration was incredible. SDCC was okay but nothing great. D23 was an absolute disaster and insult to the SW community. So the conventions spiraled downward since April. FF will mostly go unnoticed by most of the world except for die hard collectors. So it's not so much the lack of a trailer itself but the downward trend in anything TFA related since April.

Dak Oolron and gumtuu like this.
  2. Jedi Dragon D

Jedi Dragon D Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2013
    Again, it is generally what MOST of the blockbusters do... 3 2+ minutes trailers!

As I pointed out, the top 3 box office movies did this. And, it clearly didn't backfire at all at the box office, so it won't for SW either.

3. TheForceMakesCoffee

TheForceMakesCoffee Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 25, 2015
    As JediJax pointed out, not when it comes to JJ Abrams. He seems to do just 3 trailers in total. 1 teaser and 2 full length for his Trek movies. So one teaser, another long teaser, and a full length about 2 months out from release would make sense.

4. DarthTedTheodoreLogan

DarthTedTheodoreLogan Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 10, 2015
    Does the first teaser really count? They've admitted that it was a last minute decision, so it seems doubtful that it was part of the original marketing plan...

5. jedijax

May 2, 2013
    The first teaser was an announcement teaser. Unorthodox as it may have been, that's all it was. The second teaser was also rather unorthodox. It was longer than an announcement teaser but much less involved than what we now consider a traditional teaser (like the Age of Ultron and JW "teasers"). But even still, one long 2.5-3 minute trailer, if that's what they plan to do, is okay I suppose but it's more than that. I can't help but to still scratch my head over the D23 fiasco. JJ said there would be something compelling and it ended up being Iger selling the Disney Park expansion which should NEVER have been at the live action panel. It was a shameless plug for something that will be huge anyway. D23 should have had something. Great stills. Thirty seconds of the score. A basic plot. Not that piece of crap pseudo-poster which was obviously thrown together at the last minute. One couldn't help but to take that mess as a sign that they were waiting to reveal a trailer soon after for FF. I mean, D23 was the time and place. Exactly 4 months after the Celebration teaser and 4 months before the movie-right smack in the middle.

As I've described before, it's the story of the Boy Who Cried Wolf. People keep running to see if JJ/KK/Disney/LF gives us anything.

Darth_Voider and gumtuu like this.
  6. Jedi Dragon D

Jan 24, 2013
    You all forgetting there is another BIG EVENT coming up very soon as a very possible drop date of this new trailer if not by this Friday. Less than a week!

7. CuppaJoe

CuppaJoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 24, 2002
    Well, I have a bad habit of calling teasers trailers so when I say three trailers that's what I mean haha

8. JediKnightWax

JediKnightWax Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    I don't think the advertising is under JJ's control. Disney has the final say, they're the ones paying for it.

9. TheForceMakesCoffee

TheForceMakesCoffee Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 25, 2015
    They do have the final day of course, but I get the sense that JJ has more pull then most directors in this case when it comes to executive decisions.

10. jedijax

May 2, 2013
    Uhhh...what event is that?

11. LANDO_ROCKS

LANDO_ROCKS Force Ghost star 5

Nov 28, 2002
    MSW updated their post saying - Update:
    @LeJediLorrain that's Teaser 2 from April (Trailer B) – classified for Ultron Blu-ray/DVD release
    — Anton Volkov (@antovolk) September 1, 2015

12. Jedi Dragon D

Jan 24, 2013
    Hint: 6 days

13. Rebel Yell

Rebel Yell Jedi Youngling

Aug 23, 2015
    I'm hoping that they will release it on Force Friday. I just can't wait for all of the toys,books,etc.. :)

14. Darth Dookacas

Darth Dookacas Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2014
    I can't wait to see some of the space battle in the next trailer. That is what I am looking forward to seeing the most. I would say Snoke but I doubt he will be seen in the next trailer. Hearing some dialogue delivery will be my second most anticipated part of the next trailer. If the dialogue sounds well delivered I will be a very happy man. Right now I am a little bit sad that we won't be getting the trailer this week. If it drops early October will be ok but I really hope this month. [face_praying]

Bennihana, dekaneas and Rebel Yell like this.
  15. Rebel Yell

Rebel Yell Jedi Youngling

Aug 23, 2015
    Dude I couldn't agree more

CuppaJoe likes this.
  16. CuppaJoe

Aug 24, 2002
    Space battle, I didn't even think of that. Between all the debates over is so and so related to this character and that, thinking about there being a new space battle puts a smile on my face. Awesome.

17. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    What's happening September 8th? What did I miss?

18. SofiaJeremiah

SofiaJeremiah Jedi Youngling

Sep 1, 2015
    What I want to see:

Luke :luke:
    Leia [face_love]
    Space battle :tie: :xwing:
    Lightsaber duel!!! :bluesaber: :greensaber:

What I don't wanna see:

Boyega's (Finn) frustrated face with heavy breathing [face_phbbbbt]

:-W *impatiently waiting*

Dean Vantis likes this.
  19. ender2k

ender2k Jedi Master star 1

Sep 22, 2004
    The first TPM trailer is the gold standard to me. It provided characterization by giving almost every major character a line or two, showed off the key locations, teased the major battles, and provided a loose outline of the plot through the dialogue and selection of scenes. All in two minutes.

20. PymParticles

Oct 1, 2014
    The second teaser for TFA is my favorite from any of the films so far. It gave me everything I wanted and nothing I didn't without giving me too much. I'd honestly be satisfied if that was all we got until the film was out, except for a couple of inevitable TV spots here and there.

dekaneas and CuppaJoe like this.
  21. CuppaJoe

Aug 24, 2002
    Second TFA teaser and the final ROTS trailer for me. Still gives me chills when I watch that one!

Dean Vantis and cameron.osborn like this.
  22. PymParticles

Oct 1, 2014
    I still remember watching the second trailer for Revenge of the Sith with my dad, and feeling sad at the thought that it would be the last trailer I ever see for a new Star Wars film.

I really like being wrong, sometimes.

23. Revyl Ren

Revyl Ren Jedi Master star 2

Aug 12, 2015
    What *I* can't wait for is hearing a distinct new John Williams theme.

Dak Oolron, Xinau and cameron.osborn like this.
  24. Darth_Voider

Darth_Voider Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2015
    What's sad is that most of the casual fans aren't aware of Force Friday. The German Star Wars Facebook page said "2 days until Force Friday" and half of the commemts were "What's Force Friday and what's happening then?". Someone who knew it answered "TFA merchandise will hit stores". The Response: "What's TFA?" - "The Force Awakens" - "Ah, OK".

Gesendet von meinem GT-P3110 mit Tapatalk

dekaneas and Dean Vantis like this.
  25. dekaneas

dekaneas Jedi Master star 3

Sep 14, 2014
    Same here mate,same here... (Greece)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Darth_Voider likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.