main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Let's talk about trailer #3...!

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by darth_mccartney, Apr 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    The death of the Jedi. It's absurd.

2. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    That's what I've liked about the two TFA teasers so far, and I hope it's a trend that we'll see continue with the full trailer. Give us a hint about what the movie's going to be like, but don't give too much indication as to what it's about. Let us discover the fun stuff while sitting in the theater.

Of course, we're all spoiled rotten with leaked info and such, but it's different than seeing everything actualized on screen.

3. Darth Dookacas

Darth Dookacas Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2014
    The trailers so far has given us the tone but not to much story. ROTS trailer should not have shown the Emperor lunging at the Jedi. We all new he was evil but it would have been a nice surprise. I would never have guessed he would lunge at them like that and the growl noise WTF? That is why I doubt we will see Snoke. Maz maybe but I think Poe will get some more focus.

Blazer-Smith and Force Smuggler like this.
  4. iluvupadme

iluvupadme Jedi Master star 1

Oct 19, 2009
    if the trailer doesn't come out tomorrow I'm going to be soo bummed.
    Though I'll get over it once I get my hands on some new books & couple of toys.

5. darth dariakus

darth dariakus Jedi Master star 2

Nov 6, 2014
    Prepare for bum-bardment!

Satipo and Blazer-Smith like this.
  6. Jedi Dai Wen

Jedi Dai Wen Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 10, 2014
    [​IMG]
    Exclusive Target Teaser for Star Wars: The Force Awakens?

by Jason Ward (editor-in-chief)
    The Hoth Spot is reporting:
    We have recieved word from a Bothan Spy that at midnight PST, Target stores will have an exclusive trailer!
    There is nothing else in the report stating if it will be a product trailer with new footage, a whole new cut of the teaser or what. This is all news to me, but I figured it should be passed along in case it ends up being significant. I would be sort of surprised if we got out of Force Friday without at least something like the 15 Instagram Teaser we got a week ago or so.

Blazer-Smith likes this.
  7. Jedi Older Code

Jedi Older Code Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2014
    I feel like I'm being taken advantage of...

8. Bazookaleffe

Bazookaleffe Jedi Master star 2

Apr 30, 2014
    I guess it's time to be disappointed again.

Shamear and gumtuu like this.
  9. Darth Palpadious

Darth Palpadious Jedi Master star 3

May 31, 2013
    No way. Can't see that at all. Exclusive trailers is not JJ's style from what we've seen.

10. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    I hope not 12:00 AM PT that's like 3:00 EST, which I would be surprised by such an idea.
    all the footage were shown at a time where everywhere in the US was during the waking hours.

11. Revyl Ren

Revyl Ren Jedi Master star 2

Aug 12, 2015
    I *do* know that. I'm married to a French woman and I studied for 7 years in Germany (though I was fluent in both languages from school)
    But I know how they never get out of their "comfort zone" of localised media. It pissed me off to no end when I was in Germany that I couldn't see Episodes II and III in English but had to make do with a crappy translation.

Of course they know English, but most of them (not all, mind you) forget 80% of it after graduating.

And to all those Germans and French, the fact that you're on this board makes you a pleasant exception. My words weren't meant for you.

12. Revyl Ren

Revyl Ren Jedi Master star 2

Aug 12, 2015
    Well thank you, but it's nothing special in my country.

13. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    Not entitled and I'm sorry if it came across as such. I knew we weren't getting a trailer or teaser at D23 after JJ's official announcement. I wasn't expecting things to be different. I was just very surprised about that very decision (and disappointed) when it was made, but never thought it wasn't true. As for the EW guy, I had no real reason to believe him since I didn't even know who he was or how credible he was.

However, in all fairness, none of the teasers/trailers revealed at D23 were ever released online anyway. Perhaps they didn't want to reveal something that everyone in the public wouldn't be able to enjoy.

Likewise, I am surprised we didn't get another short tiny instagram teaser today like we did last Thursday.

LOL-and yet how many of us were awake at 3 am on Black Friday waiting endlessly for the first teaser which finally dropped at around 10 am?

14. Blazer-Smith

Blazer-Smith Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 28, 2004
    Unless they backed this up...
    [​IMG]

15. Jar Jar All The Way

Jar Jar All The Way Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 17, 2014
    I will probably go to Toys R Us, pick up the poster then head to Target. Luckily, they are close by. If I am successful in getting the poster and seeing the trailer (if there is one) I might head to Walmart and try to get their giveaway. All Friday I will be playing x-wing at my local comic book store so its gonna be all nerd all day.

16. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    It's probably just a product trailer. I doubt it's anything cool. So all aboard the disappointment train! Toot toot!

Darth Dookacas likes this.
  17. DaddlerTheDalek

DaddlerTheDalek Jedi Master star 4

Aug 31, 2014
    [​IMG]

18. CEB

CEB Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2014
    One thing in favour of exclusive trailer talk - I've just received, completely coincidentally, an email from a free ticket website I'm a member of (does tickets for tv recordings, that type of thing) and this Disney store thing is apparently intended to actually be some sort of event requiring an audience. I can't help but think they've misjudged the whole thing, cos I don't know who is supposed to turn up to watch this but not buy stuff, but there have been a few very groomed looking American types here hanging around, and there seems likely to be something going on that's sligtly glitzy

19. Jedi Dragon D

Jedi Dragon D Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2013
    More and more, I am betting heavily on a trailer coming out without advanced warning... one day soon a trailer will drop, and no one but Disney knew about the plan.

Revyl Ren and dekaneas like this.
  20. Darth Palpadious

May 31, 2013
    Here's a potential idea - not Target exclusive but only shown in stores. To see the trailer all you have to do is go down to check out the merchandise somewhere! Disney Store, Toys R Us, Wal-Mart, etc also participating.

Can't see how they would have managed to keep that secret nationwide (let alone worldwide) but what a marketing scheme that would be.

21. Jedi Dragon D

Jedi Dragon D Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2013
    I wonder if it is true, then the Target trailer is only known to Disney/LFL and the Target store leaders, but no other employees know about it.

That's the only way they could manage to keep that secret.

22. Darth Palpadious

May 31, 2013
    I've worked in a supermarket and from my experience it's hard to imagine there being a secret thing going on without most of the staff knowing. Target wouldn't have any real reason to accept such a difficult request.

23. Granek

Granek Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2012
    JJ is going to pull a Super Troll and drop the trailer on a Monday at like 4:12 pm.

24. DarthTedTheodoreLogan

DarthTedTheodoreLogan Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 10, 2015
    New prediction. In honor of George Lucas, the trailer will be released on the 38th of November.

Darth_Voider and Xinau like this.
  25. Toonimator

Toonimator Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2006
    ...10 days before the movie premieres... damn you, mystery box!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.