main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Let's talk about trailer #3...!

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by darth_mccartney, Apr 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    And don't spoil too much of the lightsaber duels and space battles.

2. m4st4

m4st4 Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 24, 2014
    -Basic outline
    -Rose, erm, Maz Kanata
    -Leia Organa
    -Lightsabers, please
    -Nien Numb and Admiral Ackbar partying hard
    -John Williams - new stuff

3. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    but no one wants gl to change anything! we should have the original lame upwards arms! o-pt please!!!

Palpatine2016 and Import_Jedi like this.
  4. Solosaber

Solosaber Jedi Master star 2

Jun 22, 2005
    So I go to the movies the other night to see Jurassic World and I am pumped for the previews. I wanted to see the star wars trailer (either one) on the big screen to see how awesome it was going to be.

Did they show it?? Of course not!

We get Terminator, some movie with Matt Damon on Mars and some other horse****..

I guess they arent showing TFA trailers yet since were too far out. Either that or this movie theater sucks giant hairy donkey nuts..

5. DarthLightlyBruise

DarthLightlyBruise Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 11, 2015
    Looking forward to "The Martian," actually. Ridley Scott is definitely hit or miss these days, but when he hits, he hits.

Dewback and Luke'sSeveredHand like this.
  6. Luke'sSeveredHand

Luke'sSeveredHand Jedi Master star 4

Jul 21, 2014
    Yea kind of looks like "Cast Away" in Space. Looking forward to it.

DarthLightlyBruise likes this.
  7. StarWarsFreak93

StarWarsFreak93 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    I just hope the next trailer is narratively driven, like the Revenge of the Sith trailer (my favorite SW trailer). Showed a taste of whats in store, and had some great scenes shown.

The two teasers have been great, but it really just seems they were pandering on nostalgia and just trying to get a hoot from OT fans (what with the practical stuff and Han and Chewie). And the quick shots just don't really do it for me. I get no sense of the plot or excitement of the characters. The best thing about both trailers were Kylo Ren, IMO.

I just hope this trailer gives us a glimpse of how the characters will act/their personalities, and a sense of what the heck the story is. Again, they're just teasers meant to tease, but I hope Lucasfilm ditches this secrecy thing for the real trailer.

8. DarthBane93

DarthBane93 Force Ghost star 4

Jun 11, 1999
    Im gonna be doing my best to avoid trailer 3. I think thats a good time to take a break from the boards.

I would like to retain one small aspect of surprise going into TFA.

9. AdamSkywalker

AdamSkywalker Jedi Master star 2

Nov 2, 2014
    I still hope the next trailer is just a teaser. I honestly could give two craps if we even get a plot synopsis before the release. I also don't want to see any of the major lightsaber battles. I want them to hold out on all that and let us be shocked and excited when we are seeing it for the first time in the theater.

P.S. I really do not believe there will be flashbacks in this movie. There is NO reason for there to be flashbacks. They would not fit into a Star Wars movie. They've never been included in one, and I think they will stick to that.

10. Bobby Roberts

Bobby Roberts Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 24, 2014
    Area man on internet doesn't want to be spoiled, doesn't believe spoilers he's already read, doesn't wonder what he's doing on spoiler forum or how he found himself there. Bravely though, he decides not to let that stop him from sharing, and soldiers on until, brushing some fronds out of his field of view, he finds the post button, and hits it. Thusly unburdened, he exhales, pushes back from his keyboard, and nods.

It was a good day.

11. Spy Vs Dog

Spy Vs Dog Jedi Master star 3

Jan 25, 2004
    All I want is to see some new stuff. I've had a good fix of slightly-updated old stuff so far and that's fine...but lemme just get a little taste of the new flavors.

12. AdamSkywalker

AdamSkywalker Jedi Master star 2

Nov 2, 2014

We still don't know the plot. Basically, nothing has really been spoiled for this movie if you think about it. All the storylines and what not that have 'leaked' or been rumored are exactly that. Rumors. I'm glad you took the time to type all that out though, made me laugh.

Immortiss and DarthLightlyBruise like this.
  13. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    The level of sass on this board is reaching an all-time high.

I love it.

14. Darth_Voider

Darth_Voider Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2015
    It is true that we don't know the plot of the movie. Only a basic outline, but nothing about dialogue or character motivation. There's no context as of yet. Then why are you so certain that there is no reason for a flashback if you admit you don't know the plot?
    BTW, flashbacks happened before in TCW with Asajj Ventress, and we had flash-forwards in ROTS.

15. RC-2473

RC-2473 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 14, 2015
    I kind of hope we don't get any major plot clues not even a basic outline.

just show us some new stuff yeah? maybe some character motivation or something to make it more like an actual trailer but that's it.

16. kip73

kip73 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2003
    What I think we'll see in the third trailer:

- Combat in space
    - Actual lines from characters. I'd be willing to bet that we will hear Kylo Ren speak for the first time, and maybe we'll hear Han say something motivational to Finn.
    - Leia
    - A 2-3 second shot of lightsaber combat
    - Planets
    - No Luke
    - An idea about the plot, and what's motivating the various factions
    - New music possibly

It will be a very good trailer, the kind that makes the hair on the back of your neck stand up.

They're not going to screw this movie up.

cbsnswf2390 likes this.
  17. DarthLightlyBruise

DarthLightlyBruise Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 11, 2015
    I hope so. Me. Want. Moar. Planets. And aliens.

TK327, Satipo and Luke'sSeveredHand like this.
  18. Bobby Roberts

Bobby Roberts Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 24, 2014
    We're about 2 1/2 weeks away from this thing hitting (probably)

DarthLightlyBruise, TK327 and Satipo like this.
  19. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    Man, I hope so. We need some new cud to chew. Gorywn didn't last long.

dekaneas and TK327 like this.
  20. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    Satipo, you mean "mooove along, moove along" don't you? :D

I could do this until the cows come home but I'd probably be be shot. Anyway, it would be nice for something official to hit and bring some good conversations back to this particular forum.

DarthLightlyBruise and Satipo like this.
  21. Darth_Voider

May 4, 2015
    There will be for sure something official. And with Lawrence Kasdan attending the SDCC panel it is very possible that an official synopsis will be revealed (but only with the basic story of Act I, from the other two nothing).
    Anyone knows at what exact time on that day the panel will be held?

Satipo likes this.
  22. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    I think a brief synopsis and some insight to the story (or at the very least some insight into the development) could well be on the cards.

23. Darth_Voider

May 4, 2015
    My only fear is that the new trailer would be streamed exclusively only to the SDCC audience and that the rest of the world gets it much later.
    I hope that is not the case.

dekaneas likes this.
  24. mratm23

mratm23 Jedi Knight star 3

May 13, 2014

And the scar had not pained Harry for 19 years. All was well.

25. Charlie07

Charlie07 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2015
    Until they announced the SDCC attendance, i thought it was a dead certainty that the full trailer was turning up at D23. However with that SDCC announcement and having JJ LK and KK all show up, there might be a synopsis and a trailer at SDCC, with D23 now featuring a re-showing of the trailer and hyping up rogue one.

IMO of course ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.