main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Let's talk about what will be GOOD about AOTC

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by Oscar_the_Gungan, Jan 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oscar_the_Gungan

Oscar_the_Gungan Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 1, 2001
    After yesterday I got fed up. This is one of the best times to be a fan, secrets we've wondered about for two decades are about to be reveiled, some of the best SW novels written to date are being released and the trailers so far are very promising, but I feel there is a lot of negativity that is trying to suck the fun out of it. I suppose this is my attempt to say can't we all just get a long. First people judged AOTC on its name alone. Now people are using LOTR as ammunition to bash or say that Peter Jackson is hammering the nails in SW coffin. LOTR has nothing to do with SW and it won't make it irrelavant.
    Also, the recent NSYNC fiasco has gotten so blown out of porportion, it is very sad.
    Some of the talk from fans is making them sound like they are rats leaving a sinking ship.
    What I'd like to know is what are people looking forward to and what they believe will be good about a movie which could be one of the best SW films ever.

2. Adali-Kiri

Adali-Kiri Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2000
    Ahh, this is a breath of fresh air. This forum is like a whining prison at times...

My 2 cents;

Christopher Lee and Ian McDiarmid as the central villainous duo, coupled with the devillish Jango Fett providing kick ass action as hinted at by the trailers. This has got to be pretty intense!

Next.

3. hew

hew Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 1999
    More screen time for what looks like a kick-ass Obi-Wan portrayal by Ewan.

4. NyLonathatep

NyLonathatep Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 27, 2001
    well said my good man! Well said indeed!
    I hundredprocent agree with you and your statements... i guess the reason for the negativity is that their trying to protect themselves from criticism either from other people or their own mind, instead of constantly protecting StarWars and its integrity, they insist the new one sucks so that it will be better when they actually see it! If that makes sense at all, i dunno!

The Good things about EpII is really the movie itself. How long have i waited to see the events in it? er... long at any rate!
    The best thing about this movie in my opinion? hmm... lesse... Anakin and Padmé and their lovestory shows us something entirely different than ever before seen in StarWars, it being a totally different relationship to Han and Leia´s seeing as they were allowed to be together and not forced to be apart ( if that is indeed the case with Ani And Ami ) so that´s mighty interesting and the trailer "forbidden love" seems to suggest that the story will work 110% if the dialogue is anything to shout about! "we could keep it a secret" and all that is the best scene in my opinion... its so different, Padmé´s sexy outfit ( :) ) and the cosy environment ( nice fireplace and all...! ) really really nice! Hayden and Natalie both being excellent actors ( Hayden at least has proved himself, and Natalie is perfect ) so... but we all know this i guess.
    But what i´m looking most forward to see in AOTC are the baddies! Count Dooku is the MOST cool character i´ve seen ( or heard about ( or read about! )) and Mr.Lee is flawless ofcourse! MAn... Jango Fett couldn´t be better, what a character! Both with and without his helmet! and i´m sure we´ll see both, because Temuera ( or whatshisname ) is a great actor, so its obvious he needs to act, SO thats a to-look-forward factor! Palpy and the clones are an intriguing aspect ofcourse... and, that´s what i´m thinking of right now when sitting here writing this, im sure i´m going to like every single thing about this movie! Wait... hang on! I suddenly remembered Mace Windu, im looking most forward to seeing his fights right now i think and yeah... many other things.

5. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    YAY! Someone sane for once! I agree. As soon as I heard EpII's title, I thought it was weird, but never *dis*liked it. But within hours, it was part of the SW family.

N'Sync? EWWWWWW! Not in a Star Wars movie!
    N'Sync as extras in a scene with hundreds of extras? Heck, I don't really care anymore.
    N'Sync as uncredited extras in a scene with thousands of extras and they get to DIE... COOL!!!

AOTC is gonna rock. Yoda fights. Mace kicks butt, clones, Jedi/good guys losing and dying, Anakin and Padme fall in love, Anakin gets evil, and Jango Fett!!!

Rock on, Attack of the Clones!

6. Mace Windy

Mace Windy Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 3, 1999
    I agree that the whole NSYNC thing has been blown way out of proportion. In my opinion, the news contained in this report has only gotten me more exited for the film.

So what if there are a couple of boy band members in a crowd of Jedi. What I am excited about is the fact that not only will we see a large crowd of Jedi fighting, but will also see a large number of Jedi dying! This is shaping up to be an incredible action movie! Just think of the sheer number of action scenes that have been shown during the three teaser trailers. Add a big Jedi battle to the equation, and just thinking about it should be enough to get you pumped up for this movie. If it doesn't, I kinda feel sorry for you. I kinda wonder, if that isn't the kind of thing from a Star Wars movie, what is?

:cool: Mace Windy,
    the storm after the calm!

7. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    Dude, Windy, I'm not gonna do a whole "quote and respond" thing to your statements, but I'll just say that your feelings are 100% mine. I could not have said it any better.

When lots of Jedi die, that means 2 things:
    1.) Good guys are dying, and GL isn't making what some would call "a kiddie movie".
    2.) It means there are lots of Jedi fighting. Lots of Jedi are only needed where there are lots and LOTS of baddies fighting which equals: Epic Jedi battle that will make you faint.

8. WattosHat

WattosHat Jedi Youngling

Jan 2, 2002
    Watto's hat.

9. Metsuke

Metsuke Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 16, 2001
    The whole movie.

10. TheJediCharles

TheJediCharles Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 28, 2001
    The reason Episode II & III are gonna rock is said best by Obi-Wan...

"The Jedi Knights were the guardians of peace and justice in the old republic... before the Dark Times... before the Empire."

I can already hear Entertainment Tonight hosts saying garbage like "is it going to be another disappointment?" in early May just as well as in late May I can can hear them saying, "Lucas shows everyone that he still has it!"

11. ParanoidAni-droid

ParanoidAni-droid Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2001
    Gosh guys, you sure do know how to make a guty feel guilty. I suppose some of my comments in the N*sync thread may have been a bit harsh (though, I still disagree with the descion) but anyway, you've caused me to recall how enthused I was before all of this:

"Whatever... I really don't know what you guys are talking about. This film is going to be PHENOMENAL!! Have faith. I just saw LOTR today and it served as a bit of a thirst quencher till AOTC. Now bring on the BIG GUNS!
    Don't you get it? Don't you realize how lucky you are to live here at this moment in time when the PT is being released? These films will no doubt be celebrated through out history and WE get to be a part of it!!
    Just think of it-- more of John Williams beutiful scores, more breath taking shots of NEW planets. The fact that a Fett will duke it out with a Jedi is enough to blow the fan boy mind! And perhaps a love story that could very well rival that of Han and Leia's.
    While you fear the worst... I have no fear."

I posted this in response to a lot of the negative backlash I felt AOTC, a film yet to be viewed, was recieving.

I also have a couple of things to add to mt list of awsome things to expect: At least 3 Jedi battales: Mace, Obi, and Anakin; and also the toys are gonna be great from the looks of it!

12. JediStocky

JediStocky Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 26, 2001
    Two words:

Sabre action.

13. Crimson_Jedi

Crimson_Jedi Jedi Master star 1

Nov 9, 2001
    I think there will be lots and lots of good in AOTC. Like many of us, I am looking forward to seeing Jango Fett in action. I predict that the action sequences in AOTC will be the best in the saga. Obi Wan, Mace Windu, Anakin, and others will likely deliver high octane punches.

In terms of characterization, I am looking forward to seeing the relationship of Obi Wan and Anakin develop. I think that Hayden will do a great job showing Anakin's inner turmoil. Now that Anakin and Padme have aged ten years, AOTC's acting will be immersed in hormonal chemicals. The emotions in AOTC could be some of the sharpest in the saga.

I think the new settings of AOTC will also be great. The romantic backdrops for the lovers' tryst look appealing and interesting: the Naboo waterfalls, the fireside chat, and the crowded cafeteria. The busy cityscape and bustling streets of Coruscant will join the list of top movies that capture the art-deco/sci-fi city of the future. I think the nightclub scene will be great. The sets will be spectacular.

I predict R2 will have a memorable role in AOTC. The music and sound effects will all be top-notch. There's a lot to look forward to. All this hype about NSYNC is the biggest red herring. This is a great time to be a Star Wars fan.

14. NyLonathatep

Jun 27, 2001
    Lest we forget uh... MACE WINDU !

15. Oscar_the_Gungan

Oscar_the_Gungan Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 1, 2001
    Thank goodness there is some reason left in the world. I appreciate your responses to the thread I started.
    I was almost expecting to get slammed for it.

I'm thinking that Obi-Wan is really going to surprise people. The action sequences will be awesome and the shedding of light on issues we have wondered about for the last two and a half decades, will be very intriguing.

16. Darth_Xero

Darth_Xero Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 13, 2001
    I have hundreds of reasons why AotC will rock but I'll just give you one that should get any hardcore SW fan excited.

There is one Jedi Master we have been waiting decades to see in battle, to show off his legendary might, his mastery of the jedi arts. He is the head of the Jedi Councel... Master Yoda! I cannot wait to see him in battle! If you thought Qui-Gon kicked ass look out! I can just picture Yoda flinging 5-10 clone troopers with the force through the air with but one sweep of his hand. Anakin may have more Midi-chlorians than Yoda but Yoda has been practicing and teaching the force to Jedi for hundreds of years. He is THE master! :D

17. Vaderbait

Vaderbait Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 26, 2001
    OK, I'll just list a few reasons why AOTC will be great. Yoda, more Obi, More Jedi, Dooku, Anakin and his dark side slippings (thats not a spoiler-----I think :p).

18. JediProphet

JediProphet Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 1, 2002
    You know what I'm looking most forward to? The moment the theatre is in total silence as "A long time ago in a galaxy far far away..." appears on the screen, and you can almost feel everyone's heart skip a beat. Then the audience roars with excitement as John Williams famous score starts blasting and we see those words we've waited three long years for:

Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones :)

19. Darthkarma

Darthkarma Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 30, 2000

The good thing about Episode II is that it will bring us one step closer to the joke
    that STAR WARS has become to a close.

20. Bossk_BountyHunter

Bossk_BountyHunter Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 3, 2002
    Here's what I'm looking forward to...

1)the crumbling of the Old Replubic
    2)Padme in the white outfit
    3)Anakin branching out on his own

21. NyLonathatep

Jun 27, 2001
    Padmé in the white outfit... Right ON!

22. Bossk_BountyHunter

Jan 3, 2002
    4)more action scenes with Padme (girls with guns are very,very sexy)
    5)more insight from Yoda
    6)hopefully Mace will get medievil on someone

23. STARWARS-LOTR4ever

STARWARS-LOTR4ever Jedi Youngling

Jan 2, 2002
    BBH i doubt that the Old Replubic will be destoryed i think GL is savin that 4 ep3

24. NyLonathatep

Jun 27, 2001
    Mace WILL kick arse... less Lucas was lying to us!

25. Bossk_BountyHunter

Jan 3, 2002
    I should have added more to that.In TPM we see the setup with the vote of no confidence against Valorum (sp).Hopefully in this one we can see Palpatine make his move into power and start up some trouble.Having EP 3 with the total destruction.

I believe the crumbling will be the sweetest part.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.