main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Let's talk about what will be GOOD about AOTC

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by Oscar_the_Gungan, Jan 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. the_jedi_master00

the_jedi_master00 Jedi Youngling

Jan 12, 2002
  2. Turkilma

Turkilma Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 23, 2001
    < Let's talk about what will be GOOD about AOTC >

Well, we shouldn´t talk about young Boba Fett then ...

Nevertheless the scenes with Obi Wan and Jango Fett will rock according to the latest "making of" video on the official site.

3. LordIsurus

LordIsurus Jedi Master star 3

Jun 24, 1999
    I watches my original VHS copy of ANH the other night. Not long before it, I watched TPM again, as well. What has always stuck out is the vastness of where the story can go. There are so many little things in TPM, which you know in some way can play a role towards ANH. I cant wait to see which paths George decides to take. If you think about the span of that galaxy and how old the senate is, basically the events that occur, flip the fabric of their society upside down in a very short period of time. Powerful.

Isurus

4. orn-free-tada

orn-free-tada Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 11, 2001
    ...if only there was a way to delete ONE post....

that's a spoil*r....

i was spoiled a tiny bit...... and just seeing that new making of gave me goose bumps.... this movie is gonna be awesome.. justas tpm,anh,tesb and rotj are......

that fact that it is starwars means its gonna rockk. there is no other thing in the world that can compare the closeing in on starwars..... C'MON CLONES..ATTACK ME!!

edit: Don't repost a spoiler please. PM and I'll deal with it. And BTW, technically speaking that isn't a spoiler, if you're really observant.

5. Jedi knight Pozzi

Jedi knight Pozzi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 2, 2000
    Is this a good time to up this. I sense a disturbance in the confidence of quality.

6. JohnWilliams00

JohnWilliams00 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 29, 2002
    You do? I'm spoiler-free but the little tidbits I'm hearing here and there are making AOTC sound better by the minute. And it's guaranteed to be better than TPM, because there's no way Lucas could go backwards in terms of quality, unless he really makes some screwy last minute decisions. [face_shocked]

7. LordIsurus

LordIsurus Jedi Master star 3

Jun 24, 1999
    One of the things I'm excited about is getting the side books. Like the Art of AotC <<if they're making one>> and/or the Visual Dictionairy. Especially since this is the first movie to start bridging the OT's rugged functional designs to TPM's smooth beautiful designs. It'll be cool to see how these designs progress.

Isurus

8. Oscar_the_Gungan

Oscar_the_Gungan Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 1, 2001
    It seems like the negativity is dying down and the excitement is building. I know more spoilers than I wish I knew, but everything I have been hearing tells me this could be a mindblowing film.
    Now that people have seen the toys in the Toy Fair pictures as well as other things released on the official site. It's getting harder to be skeptical about the film's quality.
    Another thing which is becoming refrshing is that all of the SW vs. LOTR arguments are dying down and people seem more upbeat about things.

9. JohnWilliams00

JohnWilliams00 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 29, 2002
    What may worry me is all this praise may change when we actually see the finished film. Didn't TPM have a ton of praise before it came out? Some said it would be the BEST SW film ever, but the final product was definitely not that.

Remember the AinitCoolnews.com article about the sneak peek at TPM, calling it brilliant? Now the writer is eating his words. Not to be a total pessimist, I just want to keep a cool, level head and try not to let my expectations soar too high.

10. QuiGonJinn

QuiGonJinn Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 1, 1998
    I've been wondering about how the positive things we're hearing about AotC compare to what we were hearing about the TPM at this point, myself.

From what I recall, we hadn't heard too much positive or negative response, at this point. I remember Harry Knowles' script review; he called it the best Star Wars film (on paper) to date, but we also heard that Jake Lloyd totally sucked. The people who were saying that it was going to be the best Star Wars film ever were...us. All the negative buzz didn't start until a week or two from the film's release.

Now we have Ewan McGregor's assessment, and that script review on DarkHorizons. Both are very positive and from people who were critical of TPM.

Things are looking a little more positive so far. We'll have alot more to base our conclusions about how good/bad AotC before it's out. But we shouldn't be too sure until we see the movie...alot of people disagree about how good TPM is (or so I'm told, I've never heard of such a thing myself). ;)

11. Darthmanuel

Darthmanuel Jedi Youngling

Feb 13, 2002
    Yay for this thread!!!

I'm tired of seeing the "Luca$ raped my childhood" or "AOTC is gonna suck" type post.

That said, cautious optimism can be good, I agree. If you build up too much of an expectation for a film, it can come off as a let-down. I'm just going to sit down in front of the screen in May and let Lucas work his movie magic.

Still, for me:
    No Jake LLoyd + much less Jar Jar = cool.

The trailers have got me psyched to see it!
    As for the topic (what will be good)

The cast. Portman, McGregor, Lee, Jackson, Christensen, McDiarmid, Oz, etc.
    Lightsabers, baby!! Lightsabers!!!
    Jango Fett. Rain. Obi-Wan. Jedi.
    New creatures. New characters. New vehicles.
    A new score by John Williams.

12. NiktosRule

NiktosRule Jedi Padawan star 4

May 8, 2001
    I think pretty much everything will be good about it. I mean we have new characters like Dooku, Jango Fett, and Zam Wessel. Plus we know the jedi are going to be seen in action. What could be better than jedi fighting? Nothing I tell you. Two new planets that are sure to kick ass. New vehicles. Palpatine is back and you know Ian will nail that part again. More new alien characters. Obi Wan fighting Jango. How kick ass will that be? A clonetrooper army. We know they will have to be in the action somehow. And best of all more niktos! It's impossible for there not to be niktos in the background somewhere.

13. JediStocky

JediStocky Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 26, 2001
    Apologies for slightly off-topic rambling:

First NSync are in, then they are out. It would not surprise me to one day, when I'm a lot older, to find out that they are were left in there. It was always going to be the case that they'd be way off in the background in some battle, getting the carpet blown out of them. In TPM apparently there are all sorts of retro spaceships from other movies and shows in the traffic on Coruscant. I'm yet to find them. And that potato or shoe in the asteroid field in ESB? Never saw that either! Would you see the band in there the first time thru? I doubt it. We may never know!

On-topic ramblings:

The pre-movie inpromptu lightsabre battles up the front of the cinema between one guy dressed as obi-wan and another dressed as darth maul, when they let us in to the first screening 40 minutes early.

The feeling walking out of the cinema after seeing AOTC for the first time. "I have to go back, I NEED to go back in there and see it again."

14. Gay-LenKenobi

Gay-LenKenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 20, 2000
    I am looking forward to seeing Obi-Wan DO SOMETHING!!! And not just in the last ten minutes. I hate to say it of my beloved Ewan, but I enjoyed the Young Obi in the JA Series a lot more. I think seeing more of his wit and the friendship between him and Anakin.

And if I had my way, either Ewan or Hayden (or BOTH!!) with their shirt off. Hey, Padme's shirt gets torn into a midriff and she wears that backless dress, let us girls have some eye-candy!!

15. Oakessteve

Oakessteve Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 9, 1999
    There are lots of brilliant actors in Attack of the Clones, as well. I'm not sure if I said that before, but the talent that's at George's disposeable is huge. I hope he makes something very special out of it!

16. Malthus

Malthus Jedi Master star 4

Mar 31, 1999
    Oakessteve wrote:
    ...the talent that's at George's disposeable is huge...

His disposeable what is huge? LOL! Sorry, buddy. Just had to have fun with that. And don't you dare change it! Hehe!

And yes, Adali-Kiri, I agree with your post on the first page. I can't find what's not exciting about AotC in light of this new trailer, and really think that some of you ultra-bashers cannot be pleased. I know your type, and you just won't like it because you don't want to. There's a difference between bashers like you and me after all. :)

I didn't really like how Yoda looked all wrong, nor did I particularly like Obi-Wan's dialogue, but I really do give the trailer a big thumbs-up. I loved the line where Palpy tells Anakin that he doesn't need guidance... sow those Dark Side seeds, my man! I also liked the Jedi battle scenes. Pretty freakin neat, people.

Of course, I was on fire about the TPM trailers back in 98/99. And I ended up being disappointed in TPM. As many in here have already said, the trailers don't make the movie. Some of you doomsayers will change your minds about AotC when you actually see it, and some of you gushers will change your minds as well.

Me? I suppose we'll see. In the meantime, I will maintain my healthy skepticism in one hand while madly clicking and watching the AotC trailers with the other.

:D

17. Patrick Russell

Patrick Russell Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 9, 1998
    Well, the trailer sure has ME looking forward to May 16th!

18. bleh19

bleh19 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 24, 2001
    See also:

Episode II "Clone War" Trailer. :D

19. Zam_Wessel

Zam_Wessel Jedi Youngling

Mar 11, 2002
    Great! An AOTC non-bashing thread!
    Thanks to OTG
    There needs to be more positive threads like this!

My first thought after seeing the "Clone War" trailer was this: The music for this film is going to be really COOL!

What will be good? Hm...what can I say that hasn't been said already? Bounty Hunters, Bounty Hunters, Bounty Hunters! Speculation surrounding the Fett history has always been a favorite pastime of fans.
    Lightsabers.
    Let's not forget Yoda.
    Just good plain ol' fashioned storytelling.

Yeah, the entire film.

Please keep the positive vibe folks.

20. Padawan-kirky

Padawan-kirky Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 16, 2002
    umm yep lightsabers duels jedi hundreds of course the sexiest girl natalie no-one better!yeah matrix sux theyl probably copy now all WeAr WHITE!!!yoda bighting peoples ankles!!!;p

21. Padawan-kirky

Padawan-kirky Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 16, 2002
    yeah mate piss off casue obviously u dont know a good movie if it slapped u on the face!!!it looks bloody awesome!!!

22. Leavethattome

Leavethattome Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 10, 2002
    What will be good? Everything. And anyone who disagrees should check out the official Crossroads message boards.

23. metalgearrx

metalgearrx Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 10, 2002
    I love this thread. Just remember...

Star Wars is not a sinking ship.
    It's not a movie "for kids."
    You couldn't have done any better.
    Never lose faith in George Lucas.
    It doesn't "suck."
    Jar Jar wasn't that bad.
    "Attack of the Clones" kind of grows on you after a while.
    Natalie Portman is {insert synonym for 'beautiful' here}.

And, Luke... I am your father.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.