main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate Let's Talk: Feminism

Discussion in 'Community' started by blubeast1237, Aug 1, 2014.

1. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
  2. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    I noticed the Men's Fitness controversy the other day.

Jez, it's 2016 guys.

3. True Sith

True Sith Jedi Master star 4

May 10, 2015
    That's the most ridiculous thing I've read in a while. Not that I'm surprised this kind of crap shows up in something like Men's Fitness.

4. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    "Master Instructor in Love Systems"

Wow, just when I thought I'd seen every kind of crap there is.....

5. DantheJedi

DantheJedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2009
    It's appropriate that cover of Men's Fitness has Chris Pine holding a baseball bat on the cover, because he should beat the guy who wrote that article with it.

6. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012

[​IMG]

DaddlerTheDalek and Jedi Ben like this.
  7. SithSense

SithSense Force Ghost star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    It's easy....just threaten young white girls that they're going to get gangraped by a group of black/Latino/athlete/etc. guys when they go to college.

#NotSarcasm #RollTide #ParentalScareTactics

Though I do take some comfort in knowing it's not just anAlabama thing.
    Parents in Central America are doing it before they emigrate.
    http://washington.cbslocal.com/2014...h-control-in-case-theyre-raped-along-the-way/

8. DantheJedi

DantheJedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2009
  9. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
  10. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    UK is guaranteed to have a second Female Prime Minister. I believe we are the first major Western country to have two female leaders.

11. BLACKJEBUS

BLACKJEBUS Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 9, 2002

That's hot.

I mean, that's interesting.

12. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    What's more disturbing is that the gender of May and Leadsom, with the latter also claiming to be better than May by virtue of being a mother, is being used to airbrush out that they each have a set of very right-wing, bonkers policies.

But hey, they're both women so that doesn't matter. There has been some comment on the nature of each of their politics being far from supportive of women but that'll be drowned out by the megaphone of 'second female PM'.

Well yeah, too bad the next one will be every bit as hell-spawned as its predecessor.

Darth Guy likes this.
  13. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
  14. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    Megyn Kelly has come forward to say that Roger Ailes sexually harassed her, as well. As with many issues, Megyn Kelly may be a sell-out overall, but we can all be glad during the times she does stand up for women's rights and other people's rights.

Anybody have an opinion of songs sung by men that are covered by women? I gotta say that I often like both versions.

15. AbsolX

AbsolX Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 30, 2015
    Long as a song sounds good and lacks too many romantic overtones(my preference) it's a good song.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

16. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Here's a story to get the blood boiling this morning.

1) Jane Doe was raped in Texas.
    2) She had difficulty testifying in the trial of her rapist. The court ordered a recess and a continuance date, 28 days later.
    3) As a result, she was given a medical screening.
    4) Her medical records were illegally obtained by the prosecution, who discovered from the screening that she suffered from bipolar disorder and schizophrenia.
    5) The prosecution lied to Jane's family by telling them she would be kept under medical care at a hospital until the date of her testimony.
    6) Jane Doe was kept in prison for one month, to make sure she was available to testify - prosecutors thought she may run. While wrongfully imprisoned, Jane suffered gruesome injuries and was humiliated regularly.

In the one decent aspect of this story, Jane's rapist was convicted and given two life sentences. Hopefully somebody gathers up the jackass attorneys and sues them into oblivion in civil court, and Jane lives out her days in health, wealth, and peace.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  17. Abadacus

Abadacus Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2014
    Love it; and it goes both ways. Malcolm Middleton's 'Girl Songs EP' is both heartfelt and subversive in the best ways.

SateleNovelist11 likes this.
  18. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  19. Darth Basin

Darth Basin Jedi Master star 5

Aug 15, 2015
    When was the UK "western"? You had a couple of "leaders" as Queens.

20. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    The **** are you talking about?

21. Darth Basin

Aug 15, 2015
    Uhhhhhh. Even I'm not sure at times. I use the Walter Chronkite aproach. "Let someone say something then counterpoint him/her"

22. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    That's not what Walter Cronkite did. And being contrarian for the hell of it is annoying at best, trolling at worst.

23. Darth Basin

Aug 15, 2015
    Well getting back on topic. What is the true nature of feminists? Pro-women or anti-men? As a man I'm not sure.

24. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    In my study of it it often is both while denying the latter.

25. Darth Basin

Aug 15, 2015
    Excellent answer! Well played!

Cushing's Admirer likes this.