main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate Let's Talk: Feminism

Discussion in 'Community' started by blubeast1237, Aug 1, 2014.

1. blubeast1237

blubeast1237 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 10, 2007
    It makes sense, I'm not saying it doesn't. But you're assuming the system is legitimate. When a system is illegitimate and one views it as so, then the concept of being accepted into it wouldn't be viewed as the goal. The goal would be to establish a legitimate system to have all viewed and treated equally. For instance, I don't think the goal of the civil rights movement was so blacks could be treated as whites, it was for blacks to get rights befitting human beings. The new standard will be set to something,but it doesn't need to be a man standard is the point.

2. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    I think what's funny is that you don't appear to see how your lazy trolling is reinforcing my point.

3. wannasee

wannasee Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2007
    Nothing i've said reinforces your point about man-hating feminists being a cultural myth

4. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    There may be gender feminists left in the world, but most rational people discount just about everything they say and that population is certainly less than 1-2% of the feminists in the world. When normal people talk "feminism" it should generally be clear that it's equality feminism.

They are soundly (and rightly) ignored like MRAs should be.

5. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
    i dunno that the cannonical "man-hating feminists" are necessarily as worthy of being ignored as "MRAs", if only because their ideas are much less common in the public discourse and therefore are perhaps a bit more though-provoking to consider. i have shulamith firestone and (maybe) valerie solanas on my reading list. solanas is just there for the ultra-troll factor because, i mean, "SCUM" (Society for Cutting Up Men lmao) and shooting andy warhol

firestone, on the other hand, is more interesting in her own right, because her vision of a post-patriarchy future (one condition she argued was necessary was that all births should be artificial and external) was pure sci-fi at the time she was writing (late 60s, early 70s) but scientific advances since make it much more plausible today, which, i think she gets readability points for that. another reason i have firestone on my to-read list is more personal -- her later work is less directly about feminism or misandry and more about her own struggles with depression and mental illness, and i am increasingly drawn to the connection between authentic, boundary-crossing intellectual/artistic pursuits and severe depression

6. Obi_Wan_01

Obi_Wan_01 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 17, 2001
  7. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
  8. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
    women "staring at men's crotches": a thing that happens

9. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    The thirst is real, mike.

Rogue_Ten likes this.
  10. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Exactly.

Whoever came up with that meme needs his ego eyes checked.

11. Moviefan2k4

Moviefan2k4 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 29, 2009
    I couldn't have said it better myself, but my previous post was a good try.

12. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
  13. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    I think I can say it better: hitting people is assault or battery, forcing yourself on someone is creepy no matter what, staring at crotches and breasts is weird no matter who does it, splitting the bill is a polite thing to do, going into the wrong bathroom is an embarrassing mistake no matter what (unless, like, you're sneaking in there to creep on people), everybody works, and sexual assault is sexual assault and the dismissal of male victims is becoming less and less frequent.

There you go, I said it better, we're equal, stop perpetuating this crap.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    You're missing the point.

We wimmenz are out to take over the planet and suppress your rights.

You should be outraged. OUTRAGED.

Are there no manly-men left who will fight to keep men as men and women barefoot and pregnant and in the kitchen as women?

The Shadow Emperor and Juliet316 like this.
  15. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002

[​IMG]

Ezon Pin likes this.
  16. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Oh, grow a thigh gap and make me a sammich! :p

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  17. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Can't help you there. I only make **** sammiches.

dp4m likes this.
  18. Moviefan2k4

Moviefan2k4 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 29, 2009
    No, I'm for individuals among both genders being respected and trusted, so long as they remain respectable and trustworthy. Whatever their chromosomes and sexual equipment by birth, if they do the same amount of work, they should receive the same pay. Neither gender should be abused or enslaved by the other, but there's certain differences that shouldn't be ignored. Our bodies are obviously different, but so is the wiring of our minds. No matter how honorable a man is, he will notice if a nude woman walks down the street. Radical feminists (a.k.a. "feminazis") hate this, wanting to parade about without any reaction from men. Well, it ain't gonna happen; the man may not act on it, but his mentality towards that woman will change the moment she decides to go nude in public. That's just one example, but my point is simple: all actions have consequences, for both genders.

19. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011

Jedi Merkurian and Juliet316 like this.
  20. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Not understanding what that meme thing is trying to convey? Men want the right to assault women and stare at them without penalty? Is that it? Are we outraged that people don't have equal rights to be abusive creeps? I don't think hitting a man makes a woman strong, I think it makes her abusive, like anybody else. As far as looking at body parts, everybody does it--men and women--it's kind of a natural thing. Staring is another thing, entirely, though.

Edit: lol.... so ****ing tired of the "nude woman walking down the street" bull****. I've seen that used in so many arguments here, and have no idea why. That **** just doesn't happen. Let's talk reality here.

21. Obi_Wan_01

Obi_Wan_01 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 17, 2001
    [face_laugh]

I love to stir **** up.

22. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Do you have an opinion, either way, or did you just post that to "stir **** up"?

23. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    http://www.nydailynews.com/entertai...llis-walks-topless-new-york-article-1.1808910

Totally legal in most states!

24. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Topless is not nude.

25. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    So glad the definition of "legal" has been changed to "happens often enough to actually affect society in any way."

And it's legal for men to walk around topless too.