main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Let's talk Indie for a bit

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Books and Comics' started by moosemousse, Sep 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    One of the great things I'm loving about the Kindle and PoD services is that it makes it so much easier for Indie authors to get their work out to public and for the public to buy them. Before it was a case of spending money to gut physical copies that would have to be sold at a high price in the hopes that at least a little bit of money would be made, but now they can be sold reasonably and any sale makes some money. Not a lot, mind, but it's all profit.

Two authors I really like are Randolph Lalonde and Penelope Fletcher.

Randolph Lalonde writes sci-fi space opera and is really rather good. His Spinward Fringe series novels are titled 'Broadcast' with the position in the series and the title of the book, making it easy to know which to read next. The first book, Broadcast 0, is a trilogy and is free on amazon. Here's a handy link to it. If you like it then the rest of the books are £2.14 each, so not hugely expensive the Broadcasts 1 and 2 can be bought together for £1.49 combined.

Penelope Fletcher writes dark fantasy in rich and detailed worlds. Her first book, Demon Girl, is also free on amazon. Here's a handy link for that. It's the first in a trilogy that focuses on Rae Wilder as she comes to terms with who she is and where she fits into the world around her.

These are two I highly recommend, and they both seem like nice people too, which is always a bonus.

I do have a question though. Has anyone read anything by Dan Worth? He has two books up on amazon, but I've not heard of him before and I don't know what he's like.

And does anyone have any other recommendations? It'd be nice to have a place where we can discuss Indie authors and help them out a bit, spread their fanbase, and such.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.