main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I.E., CA Let's talk legs

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by HanChewie, Mar 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HanChewie

HanChewie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2006
    Hi. It,s me "Bill". I finally got the girls off the com'[face_dancing] , so I cane let everyone know what the Doc said
    about Sandys' leg. Well he put her in the hospital:( (San antonio, Upland) for reatment. She's getting her
    antibiodic fed to her by way of tubes. Doc likes the progress of her leg, and she should be out by thur.
    So much for my vacation. With me goin' to the hospital and doin' some of the other things she normally
    does, not that I'm complaining, and I have been a little lazy, I haven't got some of the things I wanted
    to get done, done. Well I still have the rest of the weak. Anyway Sandy is doing well. Thank for your
    prayers[face_praying] . Sandy or myself will post the minute to the last meeting before the weak's out. See you all
    later.8-} [:D]

2. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    Don't worry about the minutes!!! That should be the lowest thing on the list. Take care of you and Sandy and the family.

Give her a hug from me!

3. han-shot-first

han-shot-first IEFF President & Minister of Propaganda star 4 VIP

May 6, 2006
    We'll be thinking of you two. Please tell Sandy we said hello [:D]

4. jangosmom

jangosmom Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2005
    I'm sorry she ended up in the hospital, but so glad she finally went. Please give her a hug for me and let her know that she and all of you are in my prayers!

5. AboutaSith

AboutaSith Jedi Knight star 5

May 13, 2005
    Take care of Sandy and yourself Bill.

6. Cara_Undercover_Jedi

Cara_Undercover_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2006
    Ouch! :( Poor Sandy! Thanks for the update, Bill. Your family's in our prayers. Hang in there! [:D]

7. jedi_onasi

jedi_onasi Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 3, 2006
    We love you guys! Please tell Sandy we're thinking of her and hope she feels better. :)

8. benct7

benct7 Jedi Youngling

Mar 17, 2009
    Sorry to hear about Sandy going to the hospital for leg pain. I hope she gets better soon. Just some info, most local fire departments in So Cal have a medical equipment loan program with their used equipment. Things like wheelchairs, crutches, hospital beds and all kinds of stuff is refurbished and loaned out on a temporary basis for home recovery. For eample if you need a wheelchair, they will loan it to you to keep and use, but usually they only loan stuff out for 6 months or 1 year at the most. Usually they only charge like 5 bucks a month. If it helps I can get you some people to contact in your area.

9. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    Any news, Bill?

I'm going to work on getting the minutes for the meeting done this weekend. I know it's a small thing, but it will be one less thing for her to worry about.

10. HanChewie

Jul 3, 2006
    Hi everyone. I am back after being in there for a whole week. It turns out that I did have cat scratch fever, or what they call it is an infection with a staph. Glad I did go in. They did wound care on it and put me in a isolated room. I got bored, but that is OK. I went home to have home health take care of the wound, but since I have been home, nothing yet. I have to call the doctor to let him know that home health hasn't helped yet.

And about the loan offer about the wheelchair, yes I am really needing some help on it. Thank you for the information. If you can get me some more information in our area, Fontana, that would be great.

11. jedi_onasi

jedi_onasi Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 3, 2006
    Glad to have you back! Hope you are feeling better!!! [:D]

12. han-shot-first

han-shot-first IEFF President & Minister of Propaganda star 4 VIP

May 6, 2006
  13. Symina

Symina Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 2006
    Glad that you're back home!

14. Cara_Undercover_Jedi

Cara_Undercover_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2006
    Yikes! Good thing you got it checked out.

It's nice ton have youback, Sandy. Take care of yourself! [:D]

15. benct7

benct7 Jedi Youngling

Mar 17, 2009
    Glad to hear you are home Sandy. I wasn't at work today because my back was hurting bad, but I made some calls to my people at the Fire Dept. I got someone working on it and I can have one when I come home from work on Thursday. I PM'ed you to give me a call on some info so I can get the right wheelchair for what you need. Please call me tomorrow or thurday morning at the latest. Thanks.

16. delta_1138

delta_1138 Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 17, 2006
    Glad to hear you're doing better Sandy.

17. HanChewie

Jul 3, 2006
    Thank you so much to everyone. I love you all.

18. MommyJedi

MommyJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 22, 2007
    Oh Sandy,
    I'm so sorry to hear of all the trouble you have been having. Wow! another person who has had cat scratch fever! See, it's not just a bad seveties song! It's a bad illness too! I'm glad you had a different diagnosis then Joey did, but sounds like a simular experience with the wound, only in a differ local on the body.
    I'm close to you so if you need anything, please let me know. It's great so many people here have smothered you with love and concern.
    I hope you feel better every day!
    Love Minda & the girls

19. HanChewie

Jul 3, 2006
    Thank you Minda and girls so much for your concern. I am doing better every day. I have a home health nurse come in just about every day to do wound care. I can't wait until it is healed. I love you all.

20. benct7

benct7 Jedi Youngling

Mar 17, 2009
    I sent you a PM on the wheelchair. please call me tommorrow morning, if you can.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.