main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Let's talk meetings

Discussion in 'Archive: Cleveland, OH (original board)' started by igotajobasatestpilot, Apr 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. igotajobasatestpilot

igotajobasatestpilot Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 22, 2003
    Okay, inlcuding myself we have a group of 4 who have pledged allegiance to this wackiness. I'm sure we can snowball on some more people now that we have some sort of official capacity (a board, at least).

Lining up 4 schedules shouldn't be too hard, so what times work for you guys? Weekends are totally shot for me, working 20 hours combined on Sat & Sun. Tuesdays and Fridays are my days off, so they are totally free. I work Mon 5-8, Wed 6-9, and Thur 2-6 during the week. Any time other than that will work for me, early or late.

Perhaps a lunch hour would be easiest? We could all meet for lunch downtown somewhere. For the first meeting that might be a good idea, just sit down for an hour, eat our lunch and discuss some recruiting tactics.

Thanks!
    Chris

(tell your friends)

2. Creju

Creju Jedi Youngling

Apr 6, 2005
    Well lunch meetings are a no go for me since I have school and everything. I work every weekend but am free during the week unless I have school work. Columbia is somewhat of a drive from Jeff but if there are a lot of people from Jeff that want to join then we could have meetings here aswell but for now I don't know. I think it would be a bit ignorant to have 2 fan forces for places that are within 30 minutes of eachother

3. igotajobasatestpilot

Jun 22, 2003
    hopefully we can find a handful of jefferson citians, get a carpool going. alternating meeting places might not be a bad idea. it really depends on our numbers, i suppose.

if lunch is bad, what about tuesday or friday evenings?

4. Creju

Creju Jedi Youngling

Apr 6, 2005
    Tuesday Envening would be fine I suppose. Friday deffinately not because it is the busiest work day for me

5. DoctorBatman

DoctorBatman Jedi Youngling

Apr 12, 2005
    my schedule is as follows...
    5-midnight Wednesday, Thursday, and Saturday
    11-5 Sunday

other than that, I don't do much of anything. would it be wrong to rule out Monday nights because of my horrible addiction to pro wrestling?

ahem...anytime on Tuesday would be great with me, so just lemme know whenever you guys get something worked out.

6. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    I'm free in the afternoons after 1:30 or so during the week. I game on Wednesday evenings & Saturday afternoon/evenings.

When I'm not in Kansas City for some reason or another...

7. Creju

Creju Jedi Youngling

Apr 6, 2005
    It seems Tuesday is the majority so far, we just need to get more people's information

8. Creju

Creju Jedi Youngling

Apr 6, 2005
    also, what do we plan to do on our first meeting? Introductions, rules, future plans?

9. igotajobasatestpilot

Jun 22, 2003
    i think the first meeting will be introductions and recruiting talk.

10. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    Soooo...when are we talking about having our 1st meeting?

11. igotajobasatestpilot

Jun 22, 2003
    the guy at rock bottom said that they get their new comics in on wednesday, so it's really busy. so tomorrow i'll be out there with flyers. i think i'll just put this board's url on there and some general info. and then after they shuffle in, we can pick a date. or perhaps we can do our first meeting with just us first, and then set the second date after they shuffle in?

how's this upcoming tuesday work? 7:00pm-ish?

uh... i'm a rambling idiot.

what do you guys think should go on the flyer? i'll check back tonight and then throw together a quick design for tomorrow.

12. Creju

Creju Jedi Youngling

Apr 6, 2005
    I think we should do it May the 3rd. Along with the first Tuesdays of every month. Anyone here from Jeff? Maybe I could get a ride? My parents won't let me drive up to Columbia because of the accident I had on January 7th.

13. igotajobasatestpilot

Jun 22, 2003
    ok, so this next tuesday, may 3rd. i'm about to go drop some flyers at rock bottom (sorry, i missed it last week). doctorbatman agreed to do it at his house, since it's very easy to find and roomy. 7:00pm.

is that cool with everybody? i'm not gonna put it on the flyers, but i've put the url to this board, and i set up comofanforce at gmail.com as our email address. i put that on there as well, for contact info.

Tuesday May 3rd, 7pm, doctorbatman (Zach)'s house. i'll leave it to him to post directions.

14. igotajobasatestpilot

Jun 22, 2003

it's a little thrown together, but then again it's only going to be photocopied and handed out. it'll do.

15. igotajobasatestpilot

Jun 22, 2003
    it doesn't seem to be working. ugh.

here's the link, anyway, for the flyer
    http://www.pix8.net/pro/pic/4716sUMpN/442156.jpg

16. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Jedi_Commander_Faofa Jedi Master star 4

Mar 17, 2003
    Funny flyer! [face_laugh]

Everything going well with your FF?

17. igotajobasatestpilot

Jun 22, 2003
    well, i get stuff done in fits and stints, but when i do get going on promoting this, i get results. just got 2 emails at the comofanforce at gmail.com account, 2 more to our ranks. we've got flyers up at a couple spots and i've started peppering the local web with stuff.

slowly but surely!

18. DoctorBatman

DoctorBatman Jedi Youngling

Apr 12, 2005
    hey kids! sorry about the lack of postage...my internet has been wonky lately. anyway...getting to my place is easy. at least, as easy as driving on 3 roads can be. coming from Jeff City on 63 North, take the Broadway exit and go left. follow Broadway until you hit College, then take a right. my house is 509 North College. it's in the parking lot of Hanger Prosthetics and kind of across from Paris Road and that PetroMart. did we decide on a time to meet? I might work in the afternoon and I've got some other errands to run so let's get that figured out sometime soon. peace!

19. igotajobasatestpilot

Jun 22, 2003
    7pm is the time, yo.

20. Esperanza_Nueva

Esperanza_Nueva Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 23, 2003
    Hey guys! I'm kind of new to this FanForce thing and I'm not really sure how it works. I'm a student at Mizzou and I was interested in maybe joining FanForce. Unfortunately, I'm leaving for home in Illinois after finals, which is next weeks. Perhaps I will be able to get involved next fall? I will try to keep in touch here over the summer. :)

P.S. Are there any other Mizzou students here?

21. igotajobasatestpilot

Jun 22, 2003
    yay! more faces is awesome. i used to be a student at MU. too much money for me, especially since i'm not very prone to waking up for class.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.