main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Let's talk ROTS collecting in the Raleigh area?

Discussion in 'Archive: Raleigh, NC' started by Axelay, Apr 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Axelay

Axelay Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 4, 2005
    Hiya. First post, so please forgive my noobery. (^_^)

Anyway, my problem is that I have been to at least a dozen major stores since the ROTS stuff hit the street. I have not yet seen a single figure above #32. Has anyone else? I'm really annoyed that I can't find any pilots, since the ARC-170 is at the Target Greatlands out at Brier Creek. I can't force myself to pick it up if I don't have any pilots to go in it. Anybody else had any luck? Got any good stories to share about good finds?

2. TallonKaardgamer

TallonKaardgamer Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    No problem! Welcome, Axelay! The group has been shuttling around from Walmart in Fuquay to Toys R Us in Cary for midnight Sat. AM to Target at Crossroads to WalMart at Cary. I wound up buying very little. I got tapped to be a demo'er at Walmart at 8AM Saturday because they were in disaster mode and they needed someone to be their vendor product expert during the downpouring rain. I demoed Attacttix mini's, Vader voicechanger helmet head, and the new vibro lightsabers. It was fun! Stacey113 helped demo the new lava fruit poptarts and the Vader cheeze-its.

You should ask Bodo_Janx, Universal Destiny, or Jedi_natalie about their scarfing up collectibles activities.

3. Axelay

Apr 4, 2005
    Awesome, thanks for the welcome! I, too, have wound up buying precious little since I'm waiting to find a Clone Commander. That will inevitably begin the small tidal wave of figure-buying that I intend to do. As of today, I've hit no less than 16 different stores, and still have not yet seen a single figure above #32. Somebody out there has bound to have found them here in NC. I'm more than willing to take a small road trip to get at least one of each of the Clone Troopers...

4. Dal--Intrepid

Dal--Intrepid Jedi Master star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    You should ask Bodo_Janx, Universal Destiny, or Jedi_natalie about their scarfing up collectibles activities.

I don't know about the others, but I saw UD at Midnight Madness and I got the chance to meet Stacey - though it looked like UD had Stacey doing all her dirty work. :)

Stacey was braving the masses of people while UD stood outside the fray giving order requests. [face_laugh]

5. Axelay

Apr 4, 2005
    YEAH!!! Let me just say that right now, I am THRILLED. I just came from the Wal-Mart on Glenwood, and I managed to find 1x Clone Commander, 2x AT-TE Gunner, and 2x Clone Pilot. When I saw that first AT-TE Gunner, I nearly freaked and I went through EVERY SINGLE PEG to try to find as many others as I could. I was completely not expecting to find them there, as I was just on a routine errand run. I though, "eh, I just checked earlier in the week, but I'll look again just for sport." And it paid off! There are just a few other figures in the 33 and up range over there, but I have to admit that I picked up what appeared to be all of the Commanders, Gunners, and Pilots. Now I only need one more Pilot and I can go get that ARC-170 out at Target! This has been so much fun hunting for these figures - I honestly was starting to think I wouldn't see them in this area. (i.e. super articulated AOTC Clone Trooper...)

6. Bodo_Janx

Bodo_Janx Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 20, 2004
    I hope that everyone had a great weekend shopping for SW merchandise!!! The first run on SW basic figures was #1-#32. #33-#36 will be the next run of basic figures. They should be everywhere soon, so don't worry now if you don't have any of them. There should be 56 basic figures in total, that number does NOT include variations and errors (i.e. basic figure #23 red & #23 blue.)

Basic figures will not be hard to find, but the exclusives will be! If you are looking for the Early bird Set or Titanium Series (Walmart exclusive)in Raleigh, then you will be out of luck. But drive a little way out of the area and you will find them. Don't buy them on EBAY! Just go to Smithfield or Burlington Wal-marts!

As far as Target exclusives, you will not find a Lava Vader in the store. They are ALL GONE EVERYWHERE! If you were lucky to get one or two, keep them!!! THEY ARE HOT ON EBAY!!! They will probably keep a good value!!! For other Target exclusives, the Target figure/cup are still around and Micro Series are too!!! There will be other exclusives at Target in May.

Toys R US holographic Yoda will be available April 10. Get one free when you spend 25 or more.

I hope this helps anyone out looking for ROTS merchandise in the Triangle area. If you have any questions, either post or IM me!

Bodo Janx

7. Dal--Intrepid

Dal--Intrepid Jedi Master star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    A lot of TRU's seem confused about the Yoda promotion and sold them at Midnight Madness for $9.99. I've heard several different stories from friends who had different experiences concerning Yoda. The Midnight Madness TRU in Cary was giving rainchecks for the figure to the first 12 people that asked. Another friend (near Seattle) walked in TRU Saturday morning and bought them off the pegs for $9.99. The TRU near me told me I could buy $25 worth of stuff this week and just bring back the receipt next week and he'd give me one, but he wouldn't back that up with a raincheck, so I passed. I would call your TRU and check the story. I read the run of Yoda figures would be 100,000 (Twice that of Lava Vader or the Early Bird), so they could very well end up like all the Silver figure TRU exclusives - on the pegs in a couple of weeks for a penny with any purchase. That's how I ended up with 5 silver Clonetroopers for a nickel.

I knew the Early Bird wouldn't move that strong. That's geared strictly to collectors, so a bunch of kids aren't going to buy an empty box when there's a wall of ready to play with figures. We checked them out at the tent in Cary, but I couldn't bring myself to drop $30 on it.

8. Bodo_Janx

Dec 20, 2004
    Axelay:

Thanks for the tip about Wal-mart on Glenwood Ave having a few basic figs from #33-#40. I was forunate enough to get several figs. The prize figure was #35 Palpatine!!! Right now there is a big debate on this figure. Which one is the rarest, the red or blue lightsaber "Palpatine #35"? Just look at the prices on Ebay!!! I don't buy to sell on Auction sites, but it's a great place to see the value on certain figures I have. I purchased the blue lightsaber Palpatine, which I believe will be the rare one of the two because the photo on the back of the card shows Palpatine holding a red lightsaber.

I drove around today and found nothing else at Walmart, TRU, or Target in the Triangle. But I am sure that within a week or two, you will find the #33-#40 figs out on the shelves.

Make sure you are at the TRU on Sunday to get your Yodas!!! TRU Cary and TRU Glenwood WILL have Yodas on sale for 9.99 and free with $25 purchase or more!!! I remember when the silver vaders were on the shelves in the Triangle and people just hord them up. So make sure to get one Sunday if you want one!!!

For those who collect, please leave info regarding SW merchandise on this forum that you have found or what you are looking for in the Triangle. I am out at least three times a week looking for SW stuff and I could help out and vice versa.

Bodo Janx

9. Darth_Desolate

Darth_Desolate Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 30, 2005
    Im gonna get the pez stufff

10. TallonKaardgamer

TallonKaardgamer Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    Does anyone know where I can get an Aalya Secura jedi doll?

11. Axelay

Apr 4, 2005
    Hello again! I'm pleased to say that I lucked out again last night at the Wal-Mart on Wake Forest Road. They, too, have just a few of the #33-#40 figures. Shockingly enough, I found 3 more Clone Commanders! I bought them all and gave one of them on the spot to my best friend. I have no intention of reselling them - I just think they are such awesome figures that I'm gonna keep them. I did finally get a third Clone Pilot, so now I just need a droid before I can go pick up and ARC-170. (Anybody got an R4-G9 preview for sale?) Strangely enough, I did not see a single AT-TE Gunner anywhere, so now I'm curious as to whether it may be more rare than the Commander.

Oh yeah, here's a great question. Has anyone seen the Sam's Club exclusive lightsaber set yet? I want that one VERY badly, but I didn't see it at the Sam's in Cary yet. It comes with Obi-Wan's lightsaber, Anakin's lightsaber, and figures of both of them. It's only $30! And for someone who's just gonna take them out of the package and play with them, that's a pretty good deal. (^_^)

12. Bodo_Janx

Dec 20, 2004
    Darth, Briar Creek Wal-Mart had a whole lot of SW Pez.

Tallon, As far as the Aayla Scura 12' doll, I have not been looking for those but I will keep a look out. It seemed that Kmart and TRU have the best variety of 12' dolls. I saw the Palpatine 12' doll at Kmart on Six Forks yesterday. They may have the one you are looking for!!! Check the Kmart on Strickland/Maynard; you might get lucky and Kmart is having a big sale this week!!

Axelay, you are an excellent scout!!! You are hitting the right places at the right time!!! When you are out, please report if you see a red lightsaber "Palpatine #35"!!!

Keep the reports coming in everyone!!!

13. willhi1979

willhi1979 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 9, 2004
    Has anyone seen a red royal guard anywhere?

William

14. Axelay

Apr 4, 2005
    Thanks for the compliment. I guess I just manage to be in the right place at the right time more often than not. I'm not even a "real" collector - I just like to find these things and play with 'em more often than not. LOL.

I'm only just finding out that people are really hunting for the Palpatine #35. I've seen 2 of them so far, but didn't pick them up simply because they weren't on my short list of figures to get. I also didn't know that some of them come with a blue lightsaber and some of them with a red one! Sounds like a screw-up to me - one which could be valuable someday. I'll keep my eyes open next time I'm out.

I have not yet seen a single red guard anywhere...

15. Bodo_Janx

Dec 20, 2004
    Will:

TRU Glenwood Ave had the Red Royal Guard on Saturday, April 1st. I was able to pick up one, but they only had about five more. Every other store around the Triangle has the blue ones. Hope you find one, they are calling this one the hard-to-find fig.

Tallon:

What type Aalya Secura are you looking for? Unleashed or 12" figure? If you are looking for the Unleashed version, then Wake Forest Walmart is the place. They have three Unleashed Aalya Secura!!! If you are looking for the 12" figure, then I am not sure. I looked on the back of a ROTS 12" Clone Trooper and the only jedi pictured in a 12" ROTS line was Shaak Ti. Rebelscum.com does state in the photo archieve that the Aalya Secura 12" figure will be made in the 12" ROTS line, but I believe that it has not hit the Triangle yet. I will keep a look out.

16. willhi1979

Sep 9, 2004
    Yeah, the Raleigh TRU was sold out of the red. I went by there on Wednesday.

17. Psycho_Jedi

Psycho_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 26, 2002
    I went to the Walmart at Brier Creek last weekend after the book signing was done looking for General Grievous Unleashed, and I believe I saw like 4 or 5 Aayla Secura Unleashed figures there. And I think I saw a few at the TRU next to Crabtree last weekend too.

18. Bodo_Janx

Dec 20, 2004
    Axelay:

You had posted that you are looking for a R4-G9 preview fig. I found two places that have them. Wal-Mart ($5.24) in Garner and KB Toys ($6.99) at Cary Town Center. They are not in high demand, so you should be able to find one at either of these locations.

TTF Collectors:

A report came in to yakface.com today that Kohl's has figures #33-#40. I went to my local Kohl's in Cary & Garner and the report is TRUE!!! I was able to get the prized red lightsaber Palpatine #35!!! If you are looking for #33-#40 figs, then get over to Kohl's.

There are four Kohl's in the Triangle: Garner, Cary, Briar Creek, and Falls Point. Cary on had figs #37-#40 and I picked up the last #38 AT-TE gunner. Garner has figs #33-#40, and I picked up the #35 Palpatine here. So you might want to try Briar Creek or Falls Point for a #35 Palpatine.

Be warned that Kohl's prices on figures are $7.99, but they are having a sale on them for $6.99. If you have a Kohl's card, you get an additional 15% off.

Bodo Janx

19. Axelay

Apr 4, 2005
    AWESOME news. Thanks very much!

20. willhi1979

Sep 9, 2004
    I went by Kohl's in Cary today during my lunch break. They restocked last night. They had a few Clone Commanders, two Clone Pilots, a couple Palpatines #35 with the red lightsaber and Grevious #36. They also had 39 and 40, but I don't think they had 37 but I could be wrong. They didn't have any 38's though. :-( I won't be able to go to Garner for a while either.

21. Bodo_Janx

Dec 20, 2004
    TTF Collectors:

I hope everyone is finding the SW merchandise that they want! I have a report about exclusive merchandise for sell! Walmart in Cary is selling promotional posters & signs from the "48 Hours of the Force".

This is your last chance at getting promotional items from this event, unless you buy it on Ebay for an outrageous amount of money! Proceeds go to charity and they will allow you to name your on price on the promotional stuff! Remember the money goes to charity so don't snuff them on pricing of this stuff and remember that the event has been over a week so to be able to get this stuff now is a blessing!

I purchased two awesome items for $25 and it was worth every penny!!! There are many excellent promotional items still available!!!

Ask for Daniel in Sporting Goods and he will help you out. He said the promotional items had to be gone by Thursday; what ever that is left over will be destroyed. So check this stuff out, you will not be disappointed!!!

Bodo Janx

22. Padawan311

Padawan311 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 18, 2002
    Kohls is selling ROTS figures???!!! Who knew??? I will have to check the ones here in Greensboro.

23. Bodo_Janx

Dec 20, 2004
    I was able to find a slight variation red royal guard at Walmart in Cary, last one. There is a slight variation of this figure (red shiney head/red dull head). So if you already have one and/or you are looking for one, then you might want to check out your local Walmarts.

24. Darth_Desolate

Darth_Desolate Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 30, 2005
    I got me a GG figure and an Obi-wan figure yesterday :)

25. Axelay

Apr 4, 2005
    OK, ladies and gentlemen, time to start scouting again! All of this info comes from the Rebelscum boards, and without their info I'd have never found my Clone Commanders, Clone Pilots, or AT-TE Gunners. I'm taking some of these reports with a grain of salt until I see absolute proof that someone is buying these, and is not just yakking about pics of the new stuff at Celebration III.

- People are apparently already finding the new Target-exclusive Super Articulated Clone Trooper on shelves. I've already been to 3 stores, but have yet to see any signs of them anywhere. They're officially due out on May 8th.

- Also reported are signs of the new Deluxe assortment, particularly the Flight Trooper. I want that one mighty badly.

- I can't tell if people actually DO have this one or not yet, but there are claims that the Toys 'R Us exclusive green Jedi Starfighter with Anakin is showing up in a few places as well. No pics to back this one up, though.

As always, I'll let y'all know when and where I find these. Any tips you might have for me in return would be greatly appreciated! And no, I'm not ever scalping them - I'm opening them. (^_^)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.