Let's talk ROTS collecting in the Raleigh area?

Discussion in 'Raleigh, NC' started by Axelay, Apr 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bodo_Janx Jedi Knight

star 1
    TTF Collectors:

I have some news to share with you. The 2nd wave of Deluxe figures are hitting Walmarts & Super Walmarts NOW!!! I was able to pick up all four today at Super Walmart on 64 Highway near Knightdale. The Deluxe figures are: Darth Vader on Medical table, Yoda riding a creature, the flying clone trooper, and the separatist ship.

Also, Targets are getting in the basic figures wave #33-#36. The Super Target at Triangle Town Center had plenty to choose from.

That's it. Happy hunting!!!

Bodo Janx
  2. Axelay Jedi Knight

star 1
    Awesome tip! I'm on the way out the door now to start hunting!
  3. Axelay Jedi Knight

star 1
    The Force is strong with you, Bodo_Janx. I owe you one for the tip!

I visited the Super Wal-Mart out on 64E and also found the new Deluxe figures. I picked up a Jet Trooper, but passed on the other 3 for the time being. I was interested in Vader, but all of the ones there had such poorly painted faces that I decided not to pick one up. I'm sure I'll get a Vulture Droid eventually since I'm leaning heavily towards getting the Trifighter, and it'll need a wingman. LOL. If you're looking for any of the new Deluxe figures, better HURRY. I saw only 2 more Jet Troopers, 3 Vaders, 2 Vulture Droids, and 2 Yodas.

Also, I made the trip out to Target by Triangle Towne Center. By the time I got there, the only +32 figure left was the Clone Commander. However, there were LOTS of them. At least a dozen, I'd guess, and I checked every single peg in an effort to find another AT-TE Gunner. Since I already have 2 Commanders, I decided to pass. There were no exclusive SA Clone Troopers out yet, either, and I definitely want 2 of those.
  4. Axelay Jedi Knight

star 1
    Say, that reminds me! Has anyone seen the Sam's Club exclusive set yet? It has Anakin's lightsaber, Obi-Wan's lightsaber, the #1 and #2 figures of them both, and a poster, all for $29.99 (so I've read). I've been to the Sam's over in Cary several times but have had no luck. Perhaps some of the other stores in the area have it? It's not listed on the Sam's Club website...
  5. Flecktone Jedi Padawan

Hey Bodo_Janx and Axelay - thanks for mentioning some of the places to find the latest figures (33-36). My friend down in Charlotte and I collect them and while I have only bought select ones of the E3 he is trying to get them all. I found the Clone Commander and Clone Pilot at Brier Creek Target. Both they and the Triangle Town Target had a ton of Clone Commanders - probably 12 at each store - several each of the pilot, Palpatines with red sabres and the new Grievous - plenty of each one. Several of the other Targets did not have the new ones (Lynn Rd and Millbrook/Capital). Only ones I am looking for - and I am sure you'll wish me luck are the red senate guard and the AT-TE gunner.

I agree with you both about eBay and the scalpers - it really frustrates my friend and I. We simply each want one of each figure and not to pay through the nose for them.

Thanks again for the store reports - it is nice seeing people in the same boat as me that are not scalpers and simply want them for their collection.

Now if only they would make a Talon Kaarde and Pellaeon figure....
  6. willhi1979 Jedi Knight

star 1
    I went to the Cary Wal Mart to try to find the vader on the operating table during my lunch break today. They didn't have any. Hopefully, these will become more common soon. I don't have time to drive out to Knightdale this week.
  7. Bodo_Janx Jedi Knight

star 1
    TTF Collectors:

Get your calendars out and put this date in it. May 8th...Why you might ask? This is the date set by the Target Gameplan Book for the next Target Exclusives: Clone Trooper and Protective Cases 5-pack.

There is NO limit to the number of Clone Troopers you can buy, not like the Lava Vader. They have been seen around the country in a few Targets, but not around here. The expected shelf date is the 8th, but there might be some out earlier (I highly doubt it).

Also, there is alot of talk about the variation Anakin #2 with Dooku's sword out there!!! It is a true variation!!! But don't go looking for it - Not yet!!! This variation is being shipped with Wave 4 Rev. 1 - (Breakdown of the case #1-#3,#9,#33-#36,#41-#44). There is only one Anakin #2 per case and it could be a variation or not in the box. This HAS NOT hit the Triangle yet.

Right now, Wave 3 Collection 1 & 2 are hitting the shelves in the Triangle. Target is getting Collection 1 which has #33-#36. Pretty soon they should have Collection 2 which has #37-#40. Collection 2 has 1 AT-TE Gunner per case (I know a few of you are looking for this one!).

Just remember Walmart is banking on the SW merchandise, so they will have many AT-TE Gunners and other figures to choose from. (Patience my young Padawans.)

Keep your reports coming in and have a good time bounty hunting for figures!!!

Bodo Janx

8. Bearleft Jedi Knight

Not sure if anyone's interested, but TRU at Crabtree has the new Vader battle buddy. It's the large "stuffed" Vader who talks and has respirator action. If memory serves, his spoken line is "You don't know the power of the dark side."

Though it's not ROTS, I thought some people might be interested. The same TRU also has the 12-inch Boussh/Han in Carbonite for, get this, $2.50. When I was there over the weekend, there were about 3 or 4 left.

Judy
  9. Bearleft Jedi Knight

I'm hoping I'm not the only one here who has taken their Unleashed figures out of the packaging. Does anyone else who has Obi-wan have difficulty getting him to stand upright? He's a bit, well, bottom-heavy due to the awkward angle he's in.

Anyone have any suggestions as to how I can get him to not fall over?
  10. Bodo_Janx Jedi Knight

star 1
    TTF Collectors:

If you plan to go hunting this weekend, you will probably need to go to surrounding Targets and Super Targets for new SW merchandise.

Tonight, I was able to pick up the second wave of Galactic Heros at the Target in Cary Crossroads. They did not have any new basics and all of the new Galactic Heros are gone.

But the Super Target at Triangle Town had the a bunch of Wave 3 collection 2 figures #37-#41 and a few of the new Galatic Heros. I know a few of you are looking for the AT-TE Gunner and they only had ONE available. I left it on the top peg where the cash register is. There is a small front kiosk of figures there at the checkout. If you need one, it's there but it might be gone! I left it there at 9:30 pm tonight and I believe they closed at 11:00pm. So I will make it your call if you want to chance it being there in the morning!!!

Walmart on Hwy.64 near Knightdale still had a few deluxe vaders and others. They were putting four boxes of basic figs out tonight and they were all from the #1-#33 figs(Pretty much the ROTS figs that you can find anywhere).

My suggestion is to hit the Targets and Super Targets!!! There are many in the area!!!

That's it, happy hunting!!!

Bodo Janx
  11. Axelay Jedi Knight

star 1
    WHOA. They had #41, the Super Articulated Clone Trooper? If that's the case, then I definitely need 2 of those. Can you please confirm this?

Speaking of which, I picked up 2 of the Target exclusive Super Articulated Clone Troopers this morning. I got the DCPI number for the case and proceeded to call every single Target store in this area and ask if they had them in the store. What was really screwy is that customer service reps at each location told me that *their* store didn't have any in stock, but others in the area did. Essentially, they were sandbagging me and didn't want to have to go pull them from a yet-unpacked-and-unshelved case. The very last store I called was the one in Cary at Crossroads, and I spoke with a lovely young customer service lady who really went out of her way to help me find what I was looking for. When she said that they did have them in the back of the store, she asked how many of them I'd like and that she could have someone go pull them for me. I got 2 of them since they are a whopping $12.99 apiece, and I've already opened one of them. I think I might just write the manager of the store and let him know just how helpful the girl was who got these for me.

Also, there's a toy and collectible show going on at the State Fairgrounds this weekend. I checked it out this morning and didn't really see too many things of interest. One guy did have the blue lightsaber Palpatine, but I didn't pick it up simply because I didn't want it.

I still have not yet seen the Toys 'R Us exclusive Jedi Starfighter with Anakin yet.
  12. civicsi99 Jedi Knight

axelay, i PMd you on rebelscum about this topic. i am in need also of the at-te and red guard. also a blue saber palp. wal mart in garner had about 3 op. table vaders, but the packages were not in the best condition. they also had a few jet packers and a yoda on can cell. thanks for all the info
  13. Axelay Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hey, did you go to the toy show out at the State Fairgrounds? They definitely had everything you were looking for out there.

By the way, has anyone seen the Sam's Club set yet? I still haven't found that one anywhere...
  14. Bodo_Janx Jedi Knight

star 1
    Axelay:

There was a typing error I made on the last post regarding the Wave 3 Collection 2 #37-#40. The error was the #41 figure. It is not out yet, I just made a typing error. The #41 figure is in the Wave 4 Collection 1 box that has not hit the Triangle yet. Sorry for the miscommunication.

Bodo Janx
  15. willhi1979 Jedi Knight

star 1
    I didn't make it out to the show. Was it in the Graham building? I'm still looking for two or three holographic episode 1 figures. I'm sure I'll find them at some point.
  16. Axelay Jedi Knight

star 1
    No, it was in the Scott building. It really wasn't such a huge turnout, unless, of course, you were looking for Hot Wheels cars or other collectible cars. (Had I seen one which looked like my new Mustang, I'd have jumped all over it.) There were a few Star Wars things there, but all that really jumped out at me was the blue lightsaber Palpatine and the red Royal Guard. Only thing I picked up was a second Target cup-and-figure set with the Clone Trooper. I really wanted one to open (for the cup, LOL), and haven't seen any more of these since everything first hit the shelves.
  17. civicsi99 Jedi Knight

i just picked up a whole set of cups from the target in garner......they had lots of troopers, a few obi wans, and one more grievous. this was yesterday (sunday)
  18. Bodo_Janx Jedi Knight

star 1
    TTF Collectors:

I was out scouting yesterday and found a few Target exclusives out in the Triangle. Yakface.com reported that Target Corporate sent an email around stating that the exclusives had no street date, so I went scouting for the SW Clone Trooper. Tell you the truth, I was amazed at people (possibly scalpers) going around buying them up.

If you don't have one yet don't fret. Most Targets do not have them on the floor, so you have to ask for them (I really hate doing that, but to get one you will have to!). But some Targets did put them out and people bought them in handfuls. But this is why I post!!!

Targets in Cary, Apex, and Wake Forest are out. Your best bet to get one is at the Targets in Garner and North Raleigh - Briar Creek and Grove Barton Rd across from the Raleigh Grand. Briar Creek on had 3 left yesterday afternoon, but Garner and Grove Barton had no clue that they even had them until I showed up with the DCPI #087061489. Call ahead with this number before you drive out there and check there stock.

I want to state again that I hate asking employees of a store to check the inventory in the back for me. But in this case, there are many people out there trying to make a little money on the side by buying them all up and selling them on auction sites. So collector's have to do what the scalpers do to guarantee one for themselves. That's just the name of the game! A story about an experience with a scalper picking up a box full of Target's clone trooper was posted on either rebelscum or yakface yesterday 5/04 regarding this.

Happy hunting,
    Bodo Janx

19. Bodo_Janx Jedi Knight

star 1
    TTF Collectors:

Rebelscum.com reported today that the street date for the TRU Anakin Starfighter is suppose to hit shelves on May 10th.

Just like the Target's exclusives, they were suppose to hit shelves May 8th. From my last posting, street date might be eariler. TRU usually gets there trucks in on Thursday and the stock is usually put on the floor Friday through Sunday at night. The Cary TRU is alot better in putting new merchandise on the floor than the others.

Happy Hunting,
    Bodo Janx
  20. Axelay Jedi Knight

star 1
    Score! While out of town for the weekend, I found two #41 SA Clone Troopers at a Target in Greenville. Not surprisingly, these were the only two that I saw in the whole town, so I'm pretty pleased with myself. I also saw TONS of Clone Commanders and Clone Pilots, but not a single AT-TE Gunner. I also found the Lego mini ARC-170 set at Toys 'R Us. Still haven't seen the Sam's Club lightsaber set or Anakin's green Jedi Starfighter yet... Anyone got a lead on these?
  21. Flecktone Jedi Padawan

The Super Target at Triangle Town Center had the 41-44 wave - okay they had the peg warmer portion (the Neimodian Warrior, Wookie Warrior and Destroyer Droid). More then likely as they had several of each these three will be easy to find as 37, 39, and 40 were for the AT-TE Tank Gunner wave. The figures are nice but I am sure will be easy to find.
  22. Bodo_Janx Jedi Knight

star 1
    TTF Collectors:

The new Toys R' Us exclusive Anakin Starfighter is now available in the Triangle area. New 12" SW figures are now available at a few Targets in the area. Also, Wave 4 basic figures has been hitting the area as well.

I do have a few questions for TTF Scouts in the area.

Which stores have you seen the new wave 4 figures at? Target,Walmart,Kmart,Khols?

Has anyone found any of the wave 4 variations? Anakin #2 (Dooku's saber) or Wookie Soldier #43 (color variant)?

Happy Hunting,
    Bodo Janx

23. Bearleft Jedi Knight

I haven't seen any Wave 4's yet, but I've spotted both the 12" Shaak Ti and Luminara Unduli at the Crabtree TRU. Last time I was there, they had Luminara. And apparently the Artoo M&M dispensers are rare, but this TRU had a good handful of them.

Still patiently waiting for the 12" Obi-Wan.

Judy
  24. Bodo_Janx Jedi Knight

star 1
    TTF Collectors:

If anyone is searching for SW items this weekend, then I would suggest your local Walmart. I went over to TRU, Khols, and Walmart in Cary. The only place that had anything new was Walmart.

Walmart had an abundent supply of new basic figures. This includes Wave 3 both collections #31-#40 (they have a few AT-TE Gunners) and the Wave 4 Collection 1 #41-#44 (they have the #41 Clone Trooper & #43 Wookie variant, but no #2 Anakin variant).

Other Walmarts in your location might have the same, so check them out and post. If anyone finds the #2 Anakin variant, please post it and any other finds you might see!

Happy hunting,
    Bodo Janx
  25. TallonKaardgamer Jedi Master

star 4
    Here's a note a got from a guy who met me at the ROTS premiere. We get a 10 % single item discount - just mention Triangle Trade Federation to prove your membership or show your badge from the ROTS premiere!

Hello Don,

I met you at the ROTS premier and told you about my buddy's booth at
    the NC
    State Fairgrounds Flea Market. His name is Kyle Coker and his booth
    has
    been there for about 13 years. He buys, sells, and trades just about
    anything. We recently got in a huge amount of boxed vintage Star Wars
    vehicles and play sets. Some of the items are not quite complete, but
    do
    include the boxes. I also have a couple of items on ebay (my user name
    is
    crowemag2), they are a factory sealed Chewbacca bandolier and a factory