main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Let's talk ROTS collecting in the Raleigh area?

Discussion in 'Archive: Raleigh, NC' started by Axelay, Apr 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Axelay

Axelay Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 4, 2005
    Say now, 10% off is pretty cool. How can we demonstrate that we are members? (Or, I guess, in my case, how can we officially become a member?)

I have not yet seen the Toys 'R Us green Jedi Starfighter, but the only store I've visited so far is the one beside Crabtree. I visited the Super Wal-Mart out at Brier Creek this past week and was astonished to see how many #41 SA Clone Troopers they had! I already have my 2, so I didn't feel like I needed to pick any more up.

Something which I've been thinking about after having seen the movie is how very few Clone Troopers there seem to be which actually appeared on screen. I really don't understand why there's no Commander Cody figure, or any figures of the clones in his battalion. I do hope that we'll eventually get them.

2. Flecktone

Flecktone Jedi Youngling

Apr 11, 2005
    Don't give Hasbro any ideas...they'll probably make a Commander Cody figure with a limited release of 5000 that you have to give your first-born for! You do make a good point as we saw more yellow or red clonetroopers then the normal whites that have been out.

Yakface reported that 45-47 are out so maybe today I'll look around and see if we are as lucky.

Bodo and I looked for you at the midnight show last week Axelay and were disappointed we did not get to meet you.

Thanks for your info in finding figures around the area.

3. Flecktone

Flecktone Jedi Youngling

Apr 11, 2005
    I went to the Brier Creek & Triangle Town Targets - found the #2 Anakin variant at Brier Creek and about 5-6 #41 (plus all the 42-44 you need - except for the "dark" wookiee). At Triangle town they had a Jet Pack Trooper and two "dark" wookiees - I left one on the shelf for anyone who wants it - this was bout 11am on Thursday 5/26.

4. LlorchTHX

LlorchTHX Jedi Youngling

Apr 18, 2005
    Hi Everybody

Does anybody has seen the die-casts of the first titanium series (millenium falcon, TIE fighter, X-Wing)?

I was at walmart in Cary today but the only ones they have are the new ones.

Let me know if someone has seen them or know where I could get them

Thanks

Jorge

5. Bodo_Janx

Bodo_Janx Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 20, 2004
    LlorchTHX:

The Titanium Series wave 1 with the Falcon, X-wing, Tie Fighter,and Slave 1 were Walmarts exclusives last winter with the OTC line. Not many Walmarts in the Triangle carried them. I found them at only one Walmart in the area.

Many collectors were looking out for them and they were bought up pretty fast and the regular buyers didn't really have time to even know that they were out.

The titanuim series grew larger when the ROTS line hit shelves back in April and many collectors bought them up. I had to drive to Smithfield just to finish my Titanium collection. But recently the second wave have been showing up again in the local Walmarts.

Right now, the only way to get the first wave of titanuim series vehicles is on Ebay or Toy Store sites (i.e. Cloudy City or Brian's Toys). They might rerelease the first wave, but I am not sure - best thing to do is call Hasbro Customer Service to check.

Hasbro is planning to make the Titanium Series even larger, with several more vehicles and even with 2-3 larger die-cast vehicles. There is a special 4-pack that Walmart will have in the near future (Celebration 3 photos - rebelscum.com) but only with the second wave vehicles.

This year, Walmart is the only place to get the Titanium Series. But next year, it has been stated that they will not be limited to one store. Since that is the case, then they could possible rerelease the first wave again. But if you want them now, Ebay will be your best bet.

Happy Hunting,
    Bodo Janx

6. TallonKaardgamer

TallonKaardgamer Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    Proving you're a TTF member: Staff at the ROTS premiere should show your badge that Bodo_Janx made for us.

501st members have a collectible trading card they use - has their photo and stats on it just like a baseball card. In fact, if you were in the club last year when our website was up, Jedi_Natalie had card images of us in costume!

Those who do not have a badge nor a copy of that collectible card saved - PM me with your email and I'll work up an official looking membership card for you.

7. Axelay

Apr 4, 2005
    Bodo and I looked for you at the midnight show last week Axelay and were disappointed we did not get to meet you.

No joke! Due to a serious communications breakdown, two of my best friends didn't catch up with me until almost 9:00. By that time, it was too late for us to make it out to Brier Creek before we had to meet with the rest of our group in Cary at 10:00. I wanted SO badly to come out and meet everyone, too.

Next collecting order of business for me: find two of Commander Bacara as well as one of Obi-Wan's blue Jedi Starfighter. I would be absolutely thrilled if that one came with the Obi-Wan Red Leader Pilot figure, but I doubt very seriously that it will... I did finally get to see Anakin's green Jedi Starfighter yesterday, but I decided to pass on it. It just seems kinda strange to me that I could get an Anakin figure and the yellow Jedi Starfighter seperately for cheaper. I don't think that goofy lookin' headset is really worth an additional $5. LOL.

Oh yeah, and check out this absurdly cool custom of Commander Bly I found on the Rebelscum board. I need more clones like this!

[image=http://www.axelay.net/Clones/commanderbly-vi.jpg]

8. Axelay

Apr 4, 2005
    Well, it's official. I've gone overboard now. This is extremely simple, but I do find it helpful as a collector to be able to match up names with "faces." LOL.

Axelay's Clone Trooper Reference Page

I do need some help finishing it, though. Any pics or other contributions would be greatly appreciated.

9. Bodo_Janx

Dec 20, 2004
    TTF Collectors:

If you are going out looking for SW items. Make sure you post anything new on this board.

Yesterday, I was able to find a #2 Anakin variant at Walmart in Fuquay-Varina. They are out in the Triangle, but many collectors are looking for them. This figure will be a chase fig, like the #23 red royal guard.

If you go to a store and see any of the #43 wookie variant (darker in color), then you will probably find the #2 Anakin variant unless it has already been bought.

Happy Hunting,
    Bodo Janx

10. Bodo_Janx

Dec 20, 2004
    TTF Collectors:

The third wave of Deluxe Figures are hitting the Target's in the triangle area. Tonight I was able to pick up all of them, but it took 2-3 Targets to complete the wave. The wave includes clone trooper 3-pack (the hard one find), Spider Droid, Crab Droid, and Stass Allie w/ Speeder Bike.

On Hasbro's website it indicates that there is a Clone Trooper 3-pack w/ color markings on their helmet. The one I picked up were the all white version. If anyone does find this, then please post it!

There will be plenty in other stores in the next week or two, but if you want them now - Go to Target!

I have not seen any new basic figures, but soon they will show up. If you see any, please post it!

While scouting the area, I noticed a few Anakin #2 variants on the shelves. If you are looking for one, try a local Target or Walmart.

Happy Hunting,
    Bodo Janx

11. Axelay

Apr 4, 2005
    Wow, nice! I had no idea that this wave would be out already. I'll have to begin checking my area.

I did find a #2 Anakin with the pink Dooku saber the other day at the Target at North Hills. It was the ONLY Anakin figure I could find on any of the pegs.

What's throwing me for a loop right now, though, is figuring out which of the Anakins is going the be the rarest. I believe there are 3 variations: Anakin with Vader's lightsaber, Anakin with Dooku's red lightsaber, and Anakin with Dooku's pink lightsaber. Can someone please enlighten me so I'll know what to try to look for?

12. Flecktone

Flecktone Jedi Youngling

Apr 11, 2005
    I found at the Brier Creek Target yesterday the Darth Vader Medical Table and the clone trooper (clean white) three pack. They have not put out anything past #44 that I have seen. As for Anakin and a pink lightsaber I have not heard or seen anything on the normal Star Wars news sites.

13. Bodo_Janx

Dec 20, 2004
    Axelay:

Rebelscum.com has a good review of the Anakin #2 red/pink lightsaber. They are both rare, but I believe that the red version will be the most rare of the two.

Happy Hunting,
    Bodo Janx

14. Bodo_Janx

Dec 20, 2004
    TTF Collectors:

Just want to report that I was able to find the Clone Trooper 3-pack (red/rust variant) and the Anakin #2 (Dooku saber RED - not pink) at a local Walmart today.

I did not see any new figures, but they should be hitting the Triangle this week.
    The new basic figure wave will have #45-#47. If you see these in the Triangle, please post it!

Those who collect the Titanium series might want to go to www.SirStevesguide.com to see the next wave (Wave 3) that will be at Walmart in the near future.

Happy Hunting,
    Bodo Janx

15. Bearleft

Bearleft Jedi Youngling

Apr 16, 2005
    The Wal-Mart on Glenwood/Hwy 70 also had quite a few of the new deluxe figures. They had the Vader Medical Table, Yoda on the Cancell, the Spider Droid, Vulture Droid, and Crab Droid. First I've seen of the Medical Table one.

They also had several Anakin #2 figures with the red saber, but I forgot to check and see if it was Dooku's saber. I'm assuming it was.

And as I was perusing online tonight at upcoming figures, I spotted #55 Flea Rider. Can anyone tell me what the Flea Rider is?

16. Padawan311

Padawan311 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 18, 2002
    If anyone is looking for a ROTS Republic Gunship, KBToys.com has them in stock for $30, about $39 with shipping. This is a good price and the only place I have seen them in stock in a long time. I have only ever seen one in a store, Target, luckily I bought it when I found it. These are going for close to $60 on Ebay nowadays so pick one up!

http://www.kbtoys.com/genProduct.html/PID/4007859/ctid/17/INstock/Y/D/

17. Bodo_Janx

Dec 20, 2004
    TTF Collectors:

Just wanted to let everyone know that Walmart is beginning to clearence off a little of their SW overstock. There are only a few items on clearence - A few AMT models, a few Legos, a few Titanium Series,and few Galactic Heros ships, a few 12" figs.

Please note that all basic and deluxe figures are regular price.

The Walmart in Garner was the one I went to and got a few clearence items,
    but the savings are about $5-$7 dollars off each item. The longer item's sit in the store on clearence, the lower the price will get - but remember it might not be there later if you're waiting for the price to drop.

Please report if you see other SW clearence in the area!

Happy Hunting,
    Bodo Janx

18. Bodo_Janx

Dec 20, 2004
    I checked two other Walmarts in the area - Glenwood and Brier Creek - and they did not have any SW items on clearence. They had the same items, but not on clearence. One employee in toys stated that the clearence was not from the corporate office, but rather a manager at the Walmart - Garner must have decided to start clearencing items to make more shelf space.

So is you are looking for SW items on clearence, then go to the Walmart in Garner.

Bodo Janx

19. Axelay

Apr 4, 2005
    Hello again. I noticed on Rebelscum today that there are reports of the Commander Bacara wave out in the western US. Y'all please keep your eyes open and let me know if you spot them anywhere!

As a side note, I've found that there are a few older things I've started looking for which I can no longer find. I'd like to get a Vader lightsaber #2 Anakin and they all seem to have disappeared now. Haven't found a red Dooku saber Anakin, either... I'm also hoping to find a Deluxe General Grievous, and I haven't seen one of those in some time now.

Here's also another interesting question. Is anyone customizing any of their Clone Troopers? I really badly want a movie-accurate blue 501st, but I see so few paint jobs which I consider to be truly good. There's an outstanding set of 3 going on eBay right now (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=101609&item=5981317696&rd=1), but I just can't justify paying that much for 3 of them when I only need 1 and am going to take it right out of any packaging the customizer might put it in.

20. LlorchTHX

LlorchTHX Jedi Youngling

Apr 18, 2005
    Yep, I went to the Walmart at Tryon and Kyldaire Farm Rd (Cary) and they don't have the clearence either.

Thanks anyway

Jorge

21. Darth_Desolate

Darth_Desolate Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 30, 2005
    I got my Grievous pez and boba fett pez!

22. Flecktone

Flecktone Jedi Youngling

Apr 11, 2005
    Axelay - I saw three Anakins with Dooku sabers at Target but that was last week. I was surprised to find so many. The Target at Brier Creek has not put anything out in a week or so now - good to see that the #41 Super-articulated Clone Trooper was so hard to find!

23. Bodo_Janx

Dec 20, 2004
    Axelay:

Here is where to go for what you are looking for:

Anakin #2 (vader saber): Walmart - Glenwood Ave.
    Anakin #2 (Dooku red saber): Your best bet is Ebay, but I did see one on the shelf last weekend at Super Walmart - Hwy 64 although it is probably gone by now. I have been around scouting for the past few days and I have not seen any more Anakin #2 variants with red saber.
    Deluxe Greivous: Toys R Us - Cary Crossroads

Happy Hunting,
    Bodo Janx

24. LlorchTHX

LlorchTHX Jedi Youngling

Apr 18, 2005
    Hey Bodo

Thanx a lot for the tip of Garner's Walmart. Yesterday, after going to the one at Cary, I saw your second post and headed right away to the one in Garner. I got myself four of the titanium series ships (they ROCK!) at a good price.

See ya

Jorge

25. Axelay

Apr 4, 2005
    Hello again. Thank to the tips, I was able to find Deluxe Grievous over at Toyr 'R Us in Cary. I was surprised to see that they had only two left! I have not yet found another Vader saber Anakin, so I'm still looking for that one. Surely they can't all be bought up. I guess that's what I get for passing earlier, eh? I have not seen any of the Bacara wave anywhere yet either, but I am definitely interested in finding those soon (hopefully).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.