Let's talk ROTS collecting in the Raleigh area?

Discussion in 'Raleigh, NC' started by Axelay, Apr 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stacey113 Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey gang, I was in Target at Crossroads in Cary and saw 4 of the 500th Vaders. I picked up a Puzz 3D Anakin Starfighter on clearance for $4.98.
  2. Bodo_Janx Jedi Knight

star 1
    TTF Collectors:

I went around the Triangle today scouting and there were only a few finds out there. I did not see any basic figures, but if you are looking for the new Ultimate Lightsaber Kit, then go to Target-Barton Grove Rd (off of Glenwood Rd./Lynn Rd.). They had 5 or more and the price was $34.99. There were 500th Vaders and Evolutions (Anakin to Vader) at the Walmarts and a few Targets.

Happy Hunting,
    Bodo Janx
  3. civicsi99 Jedi Knight

target at north hills had 2 zetts and 1 antilles. i got mine from a trade already so they are still there. also, walmart off atlantic and old wake forest rd. had the Mpire figures, a republic gunship (box was torn up but if youre an opener, go for it) 3 500th vaders, a few anakin evolutions,and a few of the ultimate lightsaber kits. any sign of 54+?
  4. Bodo_Janx Jedi Knight

star 1
    ATTENTION!!!

Walmart-Cary has the new color variant Clone Trooper (Red) and Clone Commander (Green)(Only three left on each one)! Also in stock is #54 and #55 (Plenty to choose from)!

Happy Hunting,
    Bodo Janx
  5. Axelay Jedi Knight

star 1
    So close! I just came from the Cary Wal-Mart and wasn't able to find a single of the Clone variants. I did pick up 2 Obi-Wan pilots and 2 AT-RT Drivers, though. They still had 2 of each left, as well as 2 of Commander Bacara. Didn't see anything else which really jumped out at me.

I was really hoping to find those clones, too... :oops:
  6. Axelay Jedi Knight

star 1
    OK, I would just like to say that I absolutely LOVE the figures of Obi-Wan pilot and AT-RT driver. Seriously, if all of the Star Wars figures were of this quality and articulation, I'd be buying a lot more of them. EVERYONE here should do themselves a favor and at least go pick up an Obi-Wan pilot. Best Obi-Wan figure ever made, hands down. I am chomping at the bit to find the blue Jedi Starfighter for him now.

But, um... try to find with with a decent facial expression. Let's just say that the paint apps on some of them would lead you to believe that ol' Ben's been up to some of his Trainspotting business. LOL.
  7. Bodo_Janx Jedi Knight

star 1
    civicsi99:

Thanks for the info regarding the Targets - North Hills & Capital Blvd! It really helped me out! Now I only need #53, #56, and the black clone pilot to complete my ROTS basic figures collection (until the next 12 basic figures hit the shelves in the fall)!

Thanks again,
    Bodo Janx
  8. civicsi99 Jedi Knight

yep thanks for the heads up about the cary wm bodo......i got there and only saw an obi wan on the pegs, but then this guy came by with his hands full of figures so i asked him had he seen any re paint clones, then he gave me one of his at-rt drivers! nice guy! now i just need the clone repaints and the mustafar sentry. oh well, time to pound the walmarts again. btw, i have a few extras of the anitlles wave if anyone has any clone repaints they want to trade. thanks.
  9. Bodo_Janx Jedi Knight

star 1
    ATTENTION!

I just got a call from a friend who works at the Walmart-Cary, and he said that they restocked the shelves last night with more color variant clone troopers. He was just walking in to work and could not give me a number count of how many, but he said that the color variants were visible to the eye.

Also while you are there, check the peg that is second or third from the top right end. That is where the clone variants were on Friday. Hopefully, some are still there.

Happy Hunting,
    Bodo Janx
  10. Axelay Jedi Knight

star 1
    Yay! I finally got a Shock Trooper! They Cary Wal-Mart had indeed restocked, but it looks like I got the last of the #6 variants. There are still many of the green Commanders, but I decided to pass on those altogether. I did see many more Obi-Wan pilots, AT-RT drivers, and Commander Bacaras, but no other new figures. I still have yet to see Captain Antilles or Zett Jukasa, but I'm not really searching for them to buy. I guess for the time being, I'm caught up once again.

The only other thing I'm trying to find is Obi-Wan's blue Jedi Starfighter. I got the UPC for it and have been to both Toys 'R Us stores in the area and have asked them to search their stock for it, but they don't have it yet. They also say that they have no idea when it could be arriving, if at all, so all I can really do is just keep calling them back each week. They said they get trucks and restock on Thursdays, so I guess I'll keep calling. If you'd also like to try this, the UPC number is 653569081036. Not long ago I did see a single Anakin's green Jedi Starfighter over at the Cary store, but I passed on it since it was terribly beat up. My guess is that they'll be getting them eventually, but I can't say the same for the Raleigh store.

Thanks again for the tips on the new figures, Bodo_Janx! It always makes me giddy when I see a new lead.
  11. civicsi99 Jedi Knight

ugh......im so frustrated. i went out of town sat. morning then i see this post about MORE repaint clones. oh well, maybe ill get em in trades =(
  12. Axelay Jedi Knight

star 1
    Well, don't feel too bad. Like I said, I was lucky to get one Shock Trooper. There might still be some green commanders left, though...? I know that the Wal-Mart on Glenwood hasn't restocked yet, so it should be any day now that they get them on the pegs. If I see some, I'll let you know immediately.
  13. civicsi99 Jedi Knight

Thanks Axelay..I struck out again today when I got back in town. Went to WM's in Cary, Garner, Glenwood, Brier Creek, and Wake Forest. NOTHING!!! The SW sections have really been shriking around the Triangle and it upsets me. They know these toys will sell like no tomorrow, but they insist on shrinking the pegspace to make room for .........ugh........F4, Dukes of Hazzard, and Batman. For a while there, WM's were on top of things w/ the restocking but since the Neimoidian wave, they've been slack. If anyone happens to find the new clone repaints or the last #56 Mustafar Sentry, please post it! I'll be doing the same for you guys as well. Keep the hunt alive!
  14. Bodo_Janx Jedi Knight

star 1
    civicsi99:

I have a pair of new clone variants if you would like them.

Just email me: bodojanx@hotmail.com

15. Bodo_Janx Jedi Knight

star 1
    TTF Collectors:

It looks like the black clone pilot will be the hardest repaint to find. Entertainment Earth is offering the black clone pilot in the Wave 5, Rev 2 box (3 per box - SOLD OUT/Backordered). Right now, the Triangle stores are getting in Wave 6 boxes. We will have to see if Triangle stores will go back and pick up this Wave 5 box (Highly unlikely since Triangle store's SW sections are getting smaller, but we will see). Hopefully, Hasbro will offer this figure in another current Wave box.

The Walmart-Cary got Wave 6, Rev 3 boxes, which included #54 - #55. #56 (2 per box) was taken out to include the the clone repaints (2 per box - 1 red shock trooper/1 green clone commander). I was told by my friend at Walmart that these boxes were brought to them by the Hasbro rep, and not by delivery truck. As far as Wave 6 (No Rev), it should have figure #56 once that hit shelves. By my understanding from my friend, pretty much all SW items that are at Walmart-Cary are being brought in by the Hasbro rep (I'm not sure about the other stores though; But if other Walmarts do not have these clone repaints, then this might be the reason why).

Happy Hunting,
    Bodo Janx

16. willhi1979 Jedi Knight

star 1
    I'm back in town. I assume mPire wave 2 isn't out yet. I picked up the Commander Bacara from Wal-Mart in Cary today as well as the #41 clone trooper. I'm looking for Tarkin, the clone repaints, and the AT-RT Driver. If you see any let me know.

William
  17. Axelay Jedi Knight

star 1
    Wal-Mart on Glenwood still hasn't restocked yet... I keep seeing tons of shipping boxes in the aisles late at night, but none of them are Hasbro boxes. I'll keep checking.
  18. Bodo_Janx Jedi Knight

star 1
    Super Target - Triangle Town Center had the Clone trooper 3-pack (Red/Rust version)in stock. There were two of them on the shelf. No new basic figures. Has anyone seen the new Unleashed anywhere?

19. Axelay Jedi Knight

star 1
    Heads up! I just found Obi-Wan's blue Jedi Starfighter at the Toys 'R Us at Crabtree! They had 2 left on the shelves, but I was told that they had 9 more. Better scoop one up quickly if you want one.

Much to my disappointment, though, it would appear that it comes with the wrong sticker sheet. I had been reading on Rebelscum that several people have reported this. They're still trying to get Hasbro to do something about it, but I am not so sure they will. I guess for now, mine's going to remain stickerless.
  20. civicsi99 Jedi Knight

Thanks for that Axelay......what would we do without you? =) I picked up what seemed like the last one off the shelf but I guess they had 9 more in the back. I was upset that the stickers for R4 are not right....ruins the whole look I think. Also met Bodo Janx today and got the clone repaints from him - THANKS A MILLION! Oh, heres a custom I posted on RS....its #50 Anakin w/ a makeover. I told Bodo I would post it, so here it is : http://threads.rebelscum.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB7&Number=1283453&fpart=&PHPSESSID=
  21. Axelay Jedi Knight

star 1
    Wow, that is tight. He looks pissed! Very nice job.
  22. Bodo_Janx Jedi Knight

star 1
    Pretty sweet custom fig!
  23. Axelay Jedi Knight

star 1
    Say now! I was browsing the customs section of Rebelscum last night, and it looks like someone has already attempted to make custom labels for the blue Jedi Starfighter.

I'm not sure what to print them on, exactly, but I have all kinds of super high quality color laser printers at school. Once I get some sticker paper, I'll give it a shot and take some pictures. I think the only decals I really need are of R4 and the kill marks. I really don't want to put the damage stickers all over.

(Edit - I don't know why the link isn't posting as clickable, so just copy the address.)
  24. Axelay Jedi Knight

star 1
    OK, after some major trial and error, I finally have printed myself a sheet of custom decals for the blue Jedi Starfighter. Once I get home, I'll see how they look and take pics and post instructions if I'm happy with them. The stinkin' pack of printable label paper I bought cost me $25. [face_hypnotized] (Which gives me an almost evil idea to see how many people would be interested in a sheet so that I could recoup my losses. LOL.)

In other news, the Glenwood Wal-Mart has STILL not restocked yet. They drag out the palettes every night, but they don't seem to get around to unboxing. Not that it really matters to me, though, as I've looked through all of the boxes and the only SW things I have found are the Titanium gift set. I am not interested, but anyone else who is might want to be on the lookout.
  25. Axelay Jedi Knight

star 1
    Once again, the Wal-Mart on Glenwood delivers for me. I found a black uniform Clone Pilot as well as the "Sith eyes" Anakin #28 variant this evening. Aside from those two, the only other remarkable things I saw were a single Captain Antilles, a single Zett Jukasa, and a single Clone Trooper 3-pack (all white). If you don't already have 'em and are looking, better go pick 'em up!

I'm almost kinda unhappy that I found the black uniform pilot, since now I really want to open it and put it in my ARC-170... [face_shame_on_you]
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.