main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Let's talk ROTS collecting in the Raleigh area?

Discussion in 'Archive: Raleigh, NC' started by Axelay, Apr 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Axelay

Axelay Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 4, 2005
    Just came back from the Target at North Hills. While I didn't see any new figures, I did see many other relatively new things. They have the Jedi vs. Sith Battle Pack, as well as two of the transforming vehicle playsets (whatever they are called) - the Tantive IV and the Invisible Hand. They also had the Ultimate Lightsaber set. Unfortunately, none of these things really sparked my interest, so I passed on all of them. While I would kinda like to have an Obi-Wan with the Clone Trooper armor add-ons, it's just not worth $30.

2. Axelay

Apr 4, 2005
    Curse you, blue Clone Troopers.

After seeing that the Special Ops clones in the Temple Assault Battle Pack lacked the stripes on the legs, I decided I would pass on the set altogether. That is, until I found one at the K-Mart on Capital Blvd. I was out in that direction to pick up something from Best Buy, and I decided just to check and see if that K-Mart might have anything of interest. Sure enough, they had one Temple Assault Battle Pack and 3 Throne Room Battle Packs. I hauled off and bought the Temple Assault pack anyway since I am really anxious to get at least 3 of the individually-packed blue Clone Troopers in the next wave, and I guess I couldn't wait that long to at least have some blue clones. [face_whistling]

3. Axelay

Apr 4, 2005
    Lucky, lucky! I managed to find a single black uniform Clone Pilot over at the Toys 'R Us in Cary. Now I have one I can open. [face_dancing]

Unfortunately, I did not see another single variant of any type. I kinda hoped I might pick up another Shock Trooper, but none were to be found.

4. Axelay

Apr 4, 2005
    Was in the Target at North Hills this evening and was extremely surprised to see 2 of the new larger-scale Tie Fighters. For as much as I'd love to have one, I think $40 is quite steep. I also don't have the room for it! Only other thing I saw was the new collectible figure cases.

5. Bodo_Janx

Bodo_Janx Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 20, 2004
    SW items seem to be slowing down in the Triangle. Hopefully it will pick back up around the release of the DVD release. Has anybody seen any of the new Titaniums, lately? I noticed that Walmart has started moving the line over to the die-cast cars (hotwheels) section. If you see any titanium, please post! (Especially if you see a Naboo Starfighter!)

Last weekend, I scouted a few Walmart stores around the Charlotte/Greensboro area and noticed a few new things. Some of them had the Mpire 2 packs with and without the collectors sticker, the Mpire Plush, and the Darth Vader Mask w/ lightsaber. Nothing really special.

Those of you who collect the SW lego, FBTB.net have a few cool images of sets coming out next year. And for those who collect Unleashed, it looks like a promising future (next fall)!

6. civicsi99

civicsi99 Jedi Youngling

Apr 30, 2005
    yeh slowing WAYYYYYY down.....but thats ok i needed a break anyway, hahaha. i expect the next 12 will be found around november, and i cant wait for battlefront II to be released!!

7. Axelay

Apr 4, 2005
    Ugh, slowdown. Has anyone even seen the Clone Trooper Evolution set yet? I didn't see a single one of them at the toy show at the fairgrounds this past weekend, and that was surprising. If you have spotted one in this area, please let me know where to find it. I only want one since they are so bloody expensive. Thanks!

8. Bodo_Janx

Bodo_Janx Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 20, 2004
    I was able to pick up one the the Clone Trooper Evolutions at Walmart about a month ago. Hopefully there will be more put out on the shelves soon. It is just like the Titanium Series, only a few Walmarts had them and that was it (they were never restocked). We will have to see!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.